Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the merchant LetBox - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About the merchant LetBox

12346»

Comments

• level6level6 Member

.@key900, you've proven your point, since you had facts to back it up. Unlike what one person remarked, this is not he said, she said.

• All this drama over tree fiddy.

Pretty sure this thread has had the opposite effect to what OP desired.

• uptimeuptime Member

@key900 said:
    the data still there nothing are removed. The account set back however no one of my support agent will active the services until i got back

@key900 under the circumstances that actually sounds like quite a generous position with regard to providing access to the data

I have to say I have enjoyed good use of a Letbox VPS (BBox2) for occasional cpu-intensive tasks myself - such as verifying sha256 checksums on several hundred GB of files - using high disk i/o as well as CPU maybe even for a few hours sometimes (but not days or weeks!). I appreciate that the resources are there when I need them thanks to your effort to mitigate excessive use.

I can see you working to meet high standards for your service - while it may not yet be perfect, IMO already exceptionally good performance for surprisingly low price.

Maybe suggestions from @Falzo to meet the ideal scenario for limiting CPU as set forth in your TOS are more challenging to automate - hopefully whatever discrepancy can be reconciled (possibly even just by minor changes to the wording of your TOS).

And as long as your support staff is technically competent, I would not stress too much if they are still learning to communicate diplomatically in all situations. (To me, that missing link might translate to a bit of money saved. While it may not cost anything to be impeccably polite, that's not always easy to do when someone is causing problems and wasting time!)

@hkthomas it sounds like you might still get access to your data - now I am left wondering how LetBox (and LET) will ever get back the precious time they've spent dealing with your problems.

Thanked by 2vimalware ITLabs
  • jamujajamuja Member

Had @key900 given the customer just few minutes to let the customer download the data off the server all of this bad advertising and wasting time could be avoided. I know the customer abused the resource,but really,you gotta think as a company how valuable your time and the net effect of your company involved with such event. Providing the customer just to download their data would be seen as an act of generosity and kindness. Other potential customer will note this.

• uptimeuptime Member

@jamuja did you read the same thread I did?

key900 said: if that so how long you gave us to recover your data before open dispute? the answer is none , don't have dedicated support agent as well to update you Immediately they have other tickets to handle.
    You open ticket to Sales Which they not 24/7 at Posted on Saturday 29th June at 10:12
    Then you open dispute at Posted on Saturday 29th June at 10:30
    Then you got responded at your sales ticket at Posted on Saturday 29th June at 10:50
    All proven with screenshots
    you don't even keep in mind that is Saturday and we are in weekend.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here but seems like OP has been ignoring abuse notifications for some weeks, then expecting response in minutes after suspension before escalating to PayPal ...

• @jamuja said:
    Had @key900 given the customer just few minutes to let the customer download the data off the server all of this bad advertising and wasting time could be avoided. I know the customer abused the resource,but really,you gotta think as a company how valuable your time and the net effect of your company involved with such event. Providing the customer just to download their data would be seen as an act of generosity and kindness. Other potential customer will note this.

Glad to see you couldnt be bothered to read this thread and are still dragging this on xD. Let it die op's an abuser and was warned by multiple providers

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Reading is an increasingly rare skill in an increasingly digitised world.

• uptimeuptime Member

poisson said: Reading is an increasingly rare skill

to be "fair" ... this thread is now over 150 posts about suspending an abused $3.50 service.

sooo much easier to just write whatever random point of view one is inclined to favor than to actually read so much blah blah blah at this point. As is tradition... Good times :)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @hkthomas said:
    I bought their special offer, but they suspended my server without expiration, told me the CPU exceeded the allowed limit, and asked me to pay $6 for the upgrade package.

I did not want to upgrade, I discussed with them to turn on the VPS, and I needed to backup my website data, but they did not agree. I sent them information through Paypal, and then my account at letbox.com was informed that it had been deleted.

What should I do now? Please help me.

you'd beeter to lease dedicated VPS or got better hosting company to lease plan.you will get secure.

• uptimeuptime Member

@geek2009 the quality of your comments may make a strong impression ... but other than the one you wish for. (I am disappoint.)

• @dahartigan said:

@ITLabs said:

@poisson said:
    If your condom broke during sex and you landed an unwanted pregnancy, I sympathise. If you went and had sex knowing you didn't have a condom with you and landed an unwanted pregnancy, I say you deserve paying child support for the next 18 years. The onus is on you to ensure you have a condom before sex, and not on the woman to ensure that she does not get pregnant after you had sex with her.

Moral of the story: you are responsible for unwanted consequences if you had every chance to prevent it. If you are lazy or you forgot, learn to suck it up like a real man.

That was really a great metaphor, but in fact:

OP got a cheapo shared sister ($3.50 for 15%-of-a-v@gen@); decided to abuse her for days and weeks; sister warned OP, but he kept hammering; sister lost patience and finally decided to close legs, holding OP's condom; OP: - wanna my condom back / sister: - gimme 6 bucks; OP begged for another 3 hours to get condom back, sister: - go to hell, man!; OP panicked and decided to call LET; hours were missed discussing the feasibility of a hard cap on the sister's pu$$y usage to limit high consumption;

Moral of the story: good will's gone and the end is nigh.

And now vajin hang loose like sleeve of wizard

The off color sexual metaphors are neither here nor there. People have to consider that this forum may have female members.

Administrators?

It is similar to the earlier days of LET where this kind of sexual speech was often used but stopped for some reason.

• Good news is, hetzner servers now have no setup fee promo, good for backup with 100% CPU!