Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the merchant LetBox - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About the merchant LetBox

Comments

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2019

@hkthomas said:
    @key900 > @vimalware said:

Burst is nice to have. I understand why provider might be reluctant to cap burst.

A few bad apples ruin the basket.

Maybe my data is like other people said, it may not be worth $6, but if it takes a few months to generate, it is really worthless, but will you give up?

When you dragged PayPal dispute into this, it stopped being a negotiation.

Also, where are your backups?

My advice is to try finding another provider.

That looks very difficult with the 3 (now possibly 4) strikes against you in fraud Record registry.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@hkthomas said:
    @key900 I will submit the question to paypal and I just want to get their help to communicate with you.
    Because you last replied "I was wasting your time" on the ticket and took the initiative to close the ticket, it made me angry.
    I don't need a refund through paypal, I think your reply is not friendly, so I hope to let us continue to deal with this problem through paypal negotiation, I just want to retrieve my data, but obviously you still disagree and delete My account.

Later, I will cancel the dispute, and the email replying to the ticket is sincerely requesting you, but you are not responding.

if that so how long you gave us to recover your data before open dispute? the answer is none , don't have dedicated support agent as well to update you Immediately they have other tickets to handle.

• You open ticket to Sales Which they not 24/7 at Posted on Saturday 29th June at 10:12
    • Then you open dispute at Posted on Saturday 29th June at 10:30
    • Then you got responded at your sales ticket at Posted on Saturday 29th June at 10:50

All proven with screenshots

you don't even keep in mind that is Saturday and we are in weekend.

Thanked by 2uptime vimalware
  • @key900 You can work according to your terms and conditions, which I can understand, I may not have read it carefully. I can apologize for this, because I have not purchased a shared cpu, and at first I just received an alarm that was stopped, just thought that overuse would be stopped instead of being suspended until it was suspended, you suggested that I upgrade package.
    When I saw that upgrading a package can only be used up to 40%, I think my work content will still be overloaded, so I hope to find other providers.
    I just want to get back my data because it took a few months to generate, although it doesn't seem to be worth a lot of money.

• @vimalware said:

@hkthomas said:
    @key900 > @vimalware said:

Burst is nice to have. I understand why provider might be reluctant to cap burst.

A few bad apples ruin the basket.

Maybe my data is like other people said, it may not be worth $6, but if it takes a few months to generate, it is really worthless, but will you give up?

When you dragged PayPal dispute into this, it stopped being a negotiation.

Also, where are your backups?

My advice is to try finding another provider.

That looks very difficult with the 3 (now possibly 4) strikes against you in fraud Record registry.

I used wishosting before, but the ping may be higher, so I found the letbox.
    Currently I don't have a backup, because the files are in the wwwroot folder of vps, up to 120GB.

• @key900 said:

@hkthomas said:
    @key900 I will submit the question to paypal and I just want to get their help to communicate with you.
    Because you last replied "I was wasting your time" on the ticket and took the initiative to close the ticket, it made me angry.
    I don't need a refund through paypal, I think your reply is not friendly, so I hope to let us continue to deal with this problem through paypal negotiation, I just want to retrieve my data, but obviously you still disagree and delete My account.

Later, I will cancel the dispute, and the email replying to the ticket is sincerely requesting you, but you are not responding.

if that so how long you gave us to recover your data before open dispute? the answer is none , don't have dedicated support agent as well to update you Immediately they have other tickets to handle.

• You open ticket to Sales Which they not 24/7 at Posted on Saturday 29th June at 10:12
    • Then you open dispute at Posted on Saturday 29th June at 10:30
    • Then you got responded at your sales ticket at Posted on Saturday 29th June at 10:50

All proven with screenshots

you don't even keep in mind that is Saturday and we are in weekend.

At the time my service was suspended, so in the end I sincerely asked you to give me 3 hours to back up my data to my own computer. You don't agree with this condition, so I upgraded to paypal and wanted to mediate. I didn't want a refund, I used it long enough.
    I am in China, the time is not the same, day and night exchange, he may be 12 hours apart.

• hkthomas said: They just told me that the CPU was not dedicated. If the usage was too high, it would be stopped. They did not tell me for a long time. This will be suspended, so I didn't care.

Why did you think they repeatedly kept telling you that? From their ToS:

Resource Abuse consists of any activity, intentional or otherwise, that consumes sufficient system resources to negatively affect other clients or equipment.

They were telling you that you were breaking the rules and to quit it. Problem being that, as you said, you didn't care.

• sanvitsanvit Member

BTW, the high CPU notification looks like this

• That's actually pretty clear msg.

• ur all like 😠😠😠 and I'm like 😮👀😮

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

@skorous said:

hkthomas said: They just told me that the CPU was not dedicated. If the usage was too high, it would be stopped. They did not tell me for a long time. This will be suspended, so I didn't care.

Resource Abuse consists of any activity, intentional or otherwise, that consumes sufficient system resources to negatively affect other clients or equipment.

They were telling you that you were breaking the rules and to quit it. Problem being that, as you said, you didn't care.

There is even a newly coined word in Chinese (巨婴, Grown-up babies) for people like OP.

Grown-up babies, are always self-centered and selfish, lack social consciousness and have an inherent disregard for rules. They always try to use every possible means to achieve their own goal violating even the basic social norms and ignoring other people's feelings and concerns. And if they cannot meet their demand, they suddenly lose their temper and use aggressive means to achieve their goal.
    China Daily - 'Grown-up babies' harmful to social harmony

• How can you send message to seller from PayPal without open a dispute ? I never know PayPal had this features...

• skorousskorous Member
    edited June 2019

SirFoxy said: ur all like 😠😠😠 and I'm like 😮👀😮

You're making eyes at @hkthomas ? What'cha say HK, you in to furries? Maybe some good comes from this thread after all. ( heh heh )

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @hkthomas 无需长篇大论,问你一句简单的,你在国内被公安警告几次后不听劝然后被逮捕有错吗?公安没说会逮你就不能逮捕你吗?显然是人家手下留情,给你多次机会你不当一回事,把人家惹火。还最后只不过是要个小赔偿就算了,你还来个狗咬吕洞宾,做chargeback 要人家赔你钱,这不是欺人太甚是啥?你还是检讨检讨自己的行为。

Translation: No need to write long essays. Let me ask you a simple question. If you were warned by police in China several times and you do not heed their warnings, resulting in arrest, is it wrongful arrest? That the police did not say they will arrest you when they warned you means they have no right to arrest you? It is obvious the provider has already been very accommodating, giving you many chances, but you evidently didn't care enough. In the end, the provider only asked for a small compensation to close the matter, but you decided to take advantage of their patience to lodge a chargeback to make the provider compensate you instead? If this is not the epitome of being unreasonable, what else is? You should jolly well examine your own behaviour first.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @Kiwi83 said:

@skorous said:

hkthomas said: They just told me that the CPU was not dedicated. If the usage was too high, it would be stopped. They did not tell me for a long time. This will be suspended, so I didn't care.

There is even a newly coined word in Chinese (巨婴, Grown-up babies) for people like OP.

Grown-up babies, are always self-centered and selfish, lack social consciousness and have an inherent disregard for rules. They always try to use every possible means to achieve their own goal violating even the basic social norms and ignoring other people's feelings and concerns. And if they cannot meet their demand, they suddenly lose their temper and use aggressive means to achieve their goal.
    China Daily - 'Grown-up babies' harmful to social harmony

Now you know why they need to implement a social credit system to force these grown babies to grow more than pubic hair.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2019

Where is the Chinese WSS? I feel the void.

• FalzoFalzo Member

while I agree that OP is a dick, I can't find any regulation/specification in the TOS of letbox, which regulates CPU usage.

the plans say something like 15% of a core or whatever - so I would expect the provider to cap the power at that said 15%.

also there is this directly next to the offers:

so why didn't you do what you tell there @key900 ? just hardlimit the shit out of him?

tl;dr; if you sell 15% of a core you should know how to limit it to that amount.
    if you tell, you are going to hard limit overusers, then simply do so.

Thanked by 3AlwaysSkint emgh Miky
  • donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@sanvit said:
    BTW, the high CPU notification looks like this

(poor English email notice deleted)

No native English speakers on staff to edit that ?

• No siding with OP.

Regarding the "15 mins to rectify", that's pretty hard to do. Pls provide user time to react.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint Miky
  • The broken English from both parties ain't helping - makes for awkward reading/comprehension. I've had nothing but good service from @key900 though.
    (Even though there is no plural of information. :p)

• As far as I can tell, LetBox does not write hard limits into its TOS because they don't really want to be overly overbearing on CPU usage which is a good thing because customers can use more CPU without paying more if the node is relatively underutilised. However, when people abuse it even when told not to on multiple occasions, the fault should be squarely on the user. If we are going to blame @key900 for not setting hard limits in TOS and enforcing them, then this is why we don't deserve nice things.

• Wait, let me get this straight, he buy a backup vps, and now he want to get the backup of his backup vps? Why not get the data from the original server?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@poisson said:
    As far as I can tell, LetBox does not write hard limits into its TOS because they don't really want to be overly overbearing on CPU usage which is a good thing because customers can use more CPU without paying more if the node is relatively underutilised. However, when people abuse it even when told not to on multiple occasions, the fault should be squarely on the user. If we are going to blame @key900 for not setting hard limits in TOS and enforcing them, then this is why we don't deserve nice things.

I agree, I don't like bullshit limitation rules in any TOS either. but from the above the user was suspended and even deleted and the cause given then is 'breaking the tos' - while the page itself clearly states 'we are going to hard limit your service', which obviously never has been done.

so the simple question remains, why not simply hard limit him to the 15% of a core he bought, like stated. rather than suspending and kicking him?

• TBH what i see here is some combination of OP who does not have much experience with VM-s, obscure and uninformative TOS and language barrier.
    It does not seem like OP had any ill intentions, he just assumed that provider will enforce limits as/if needed instead of him having to do it himself, did not pay enough attention to warnings and then got angry when service was suspended...

The situation seems very familiar to me, i've had so much issues with various storage offers which have similar policies regarding IO that i stopped even looking at anything "storage" that is not dedicated hardware or managed service. What use 1TB storage VM is, if simple borg backup + check of ~200GB data-set through 100Mbit residential line causes "IO abuse" warnings? For some applications ability to burst above allowed limits just is not a good idea...

Also i wonder what "15% of a core" is - proper "15% of CPU time on single core during billing period", which i somehow doubt, or "do not go above 15% usage for more than a couple of minutes", which limits practically usable CPU time to much lower value than 15% for any non-synthetic load...

edited June 2019

@Gamma17 said:
    TBH what i see here is some combination of OP through 100Mbit residential line causes "IO abuse" warnings? For some applications ability to burst above allowed limits just is not a good idea...

time to much lower value than 15% for any non-synthetic load...

Currently we do much more than that. We just set alerting for people and it can be case to case some people are spikes the CPU for hours so it doesn’t fair to hard limited them. we did provided a lot of CPU ready to use when you need but it doesn’t means that we will allowed it to used the 100% CPU for 2 weeks consumed 24/7.

@Falzo said:

@poisson said:
    As far as I can tell, LetBox does not write hard limits in TOS and enforcing them, then this is why we don't deserve nice things.

', which obviously never has been done.

so the simple question remains, why not simply hard limit him to the 15% of a core he bought, like stated. rather than suspending and kicking him?

For your record even we hard limit the cpu still hitting the main cpu node hard the OP keep pushing the cpu VPs for weeks ! check the graphics we provided.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited June 2019

key900 said: For your record even we hard limit the cpu still hitting the main cpu node hard the OP keep pushing the cpu VPs for weeks ! check the graphics we provided.

how could he hit the main cpu node again, if you hard limit the resources for him? what you write does not make sense.

you sold him 15% of a core. after he went over that, you let him for a while and warned about being over that. all fine so far.

now you say you then hard limit him to that 15% and he again went over that? how could he if it is a HARD LIMIT after all?

if you tell 15% of a core and hard limit it, then it should be set and forget and he finally should be allowed to use that 15% hard limit all the time.

so shouldn't it be case closed instead of having to suspend/delete him later on?

sorry but there is too much discrepancy in what you're saying and doing - maybe it's still due to a heavy language barrier on all sites...

PS: and let's be perfectly clear here, from the screenshots above you are using proxmox. and proxmox itself simply does not have a setting for 'hard limiting' a core to XX percent. how do you implement that hard limit?

Thanked by 2emgh dedotatedwam
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

One thing is clear; the end is nigh.

edited June 2019

@Falzo said:

key900 said: For your record even we hard limit the

So you know how Proxmox works? Well look

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Qemu/KVM_Virtual_Machines#qm_virtual_machines_settings

• FalzoFalzo Member

@key900 said:

@Falzo said:

key900 said: For your record even we hard limit the

So you know how Proxmox works? Well look

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Qemu/KVM_Virtual_Machines#qm_virtual_machines_settings

oh, true... apologize, I just looked at the older version I am running where there is the cpu limit only available for LXC :-D

so you are saying, you properly set the cpu limit to 15% of 1 core for that client, but still kicked him after that for constantly using that 15% of 1 core?

• something smells fishy

• imokimok Member
    edited June 2019

Please don't waste our time again.

When was professionalism lost?

EDIT:

And then sarcasm:

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

I always wanted to try LetBox services but I didn't had the right opportunity. It looks like it won't happen.

Thanked by 2Falzo dedotatedwam