Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the merchant LetBox - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About the merchant LetBox

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

@hkthomas you're welcome. I have some sympathy for bad attitudes.

It is quite possible that neither you nor LetBox intended to offend, but were focused on "taking care of business" ... now that business involves PayPal as well as your $3.50 service and your data.

Also, now it involves LET. I expect you will hear a variety of opinions here. Hopefully some will be helpful.

EDIT2:

hkthomas said: I just canceled the escalation dispute on paypal

That sounds like a good move especially if your data is worth more than $3.50 to you. :)

I am curious if you took some advice to cancel the dispute, or arrived at the decision by yourself? (Just to understand a bit better how people are able to learn.)

I may share a bit more of my own perspective on this (for entertainment purposes only) but I do hope you are able to resolve the issues with LetBox more easily now. (It may help to understand that they and their customers wish them to stay in business, which is difficult to do when providing extra service without charge.)

• @hkthomas said:

@uptime said:
    @hkthomas - thanks - it's difficult to get a complete picture of what happened without full details, but it sounds like what we could call a "learning experience" in at least a few areas:

1) making backups before you need them
    2) communicating patiently without getting too stuck on perceived attitudes
    3) not involving Paypal in a dispute unless absolutely and unambiguously necessary

I'm a LetBox customer myself for just a little while - I don't know them that well but I get the impression that @key900 is a reasonable person to deal with. One can only hope that he may come to see you as a reasonable person as well - but some significant part of that equation is in your hands now.

Good luck with your amicable resolution.

You are quite right. I just canceled the escalation dispute on paypal, but I may still be unable to access my data. I think I need to back up important data often in the future.

I just hope to communicate with them again through paypal, which has nothing to do with $3.50. I don't want to return the money through paypal, because it doesn't seem much.

• @uptime said:
    @hkthomas you're welcome. I have some sympathy for bad attitudes.

It is quite possible that neither you nor LetBox intended to offend, but were focused on "taking care of business" ... now that business involves PayPal as well as your $3.50 service and your data.

Also, now it involves LET. I expect you will hear a variety of opinions here. Hopefully some will be helpful.

EDIT2:

hkthomas said: I just canceled the escalation dispute on paypal

That sounds like a good move especially if your data is worth more than $3.50 to you. :)

I am curious if you took some advice to cancel the dispute, or arrived at the decision by yourself? (Just to understand a bit better how people are able to learn.)

I may share a bit more of my own perspective on this (for entertainment purposes only) but I do hope you are able to resolve the issues with LetBox more easily now. (It may help to understand that they and their customers wish them to stay in business, which is difficult to do when providing extra service without charge.)

I do think you're right that the paypal dispute is not a good idea.

I didn't want to upset either side, so I voluntarily ended the dispute, even if I couldn't get my data back.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@key900 it seems like a genuine miscommunication to me. It's up to @key900 now, but IMHO both side could apologize and @key900 could help him get his data back. He even canceled the chargeback on his own.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I mean it does clearly say cpu cores are shared not dedicated. Not really surprising they closed the account given the PayPal escalation. Letbox provided working server, you abused it and now you want to pay nothing by complaining to paypall. I wouldnt care about you as a customer at this point either tbh xD

• Thank you

I'm not trying to get a refund, I'm just in a bad mood because my server is suddenly suspended.> @sanvit said:

@key900 it seems like a genuine miscommunication to me. It's up to @key900 now, but IMHO both side could apologize and @key900 could help him get his data back. He even canceled the chargeback on his own.

Thank you

I'm not trying to get a refund, I'm just in a bad mood because my server is suddenly suspended.

• uptimeuptime Member

@hkthomas - sounds like a good start. I hope that if @key900 is able to reunite you with your data then they will - just not sure if easy to do once account has been deleted, but who knows.

Some random thoughts:

1) I wonder how you might plan to backup data in similar situations going forward.

2) Over the last couple years of browsing LET I've read a few threads explaining how PayPal disputes cost the provider more than just the amount to be refunded. This may tip the balance in terms of "what is fair" when others are making judgements about the situation.

3) Low cost services are often made possible by reducing level of support - it is a fact of life that staff will be under some pressure to say something along the lines of "I don't have time for this" - understandably this is not a welcome attitude to confront, but can be easier to get used to with the realization that is usually a major way that costs are reduced.

Anyway - wishing you good luck with your LetBox ...

• @james50a said:
    I mean it does clearly say cpu cores are shared not dedicated. Not really surprising they closed the account given the PayPal escalation. Letbox provided working server, you abused it and now you want to pay nothing by complaining to paypall. I wouldnt care about you as a customer at this point either tbh xD

I just want to solve this problem.

I have been using it for some time and there is no reason to ask for a refund.

In the last communication, I wanted to give 3 hours to take out the data, but they could not help me, which made me angry, so I upgraded to paypal to try to communicate with the merchant again for help.

• @uptime said:
    @hkthomas - sounds like a good start. I hope that if @key900 is able to reunite you with your data then they will - just not sure if easy to do once account has been deleted, but who knows.

Some random thoughts:

1) I wonder how you might plan to backup data in similar situations going forward.

2) Over the last couple years of browsing LET I've read a few threads explaining how PayPal disputes cost the provider more than just the amount to be refunded. This may tip the balance in terms of "what is fair" when others are making judgements about the situation.

3) Low cost services are often made possible by reducing level of support - it is a fact of life that staff will be under some pressure to say something along the lines of "I don't have time for this" - understandably this is not a welcome attitude to confront, but can be easier to get used to with the realization that is usually a major way that costs are reduced.

It doesn't matter whether the account can be restored or not, and I don't want to pursue the matter of data any more. I hope this incident will end happily.

I can try to download data to my home computer regularly for backup.

Due to various circumstances, I am not in a good mood, so it is really an unwise choice for me to upgrade to paypal. I just hope that paypal can help us solve the problem, but I don't know that it will have such a serious impact on merchants.

It's nice talking to you.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Every VPS provider should warn user before suspending or deleting user's service.

I hope Letbox warned you ahead.

• @greattomeetyou said:
    Every VPS provider should warn user before suspending or deleting user's service.

I hope Letbox warned you ahead.

Maybe I didn't understand what they meant.

• riorio Member

hkthomas said: I sent them information through Paypal, and then my account at letbox.com was informed that it had been deleted.

You open a dispute?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@hkthomas said:

@uptime said:

Some random thoughts:

It doesn't matter whether the account can be restored or not, and I don't want to pursue the matter of data any more. I hope this incident will end happily.

Due to various circumstances, I am not in a good mood, so it is really an unwise choice for me to upgrade to paypal. I just hope that paypal can help us solve the problem, but I don't know that it will have such a serious impact on merchants.

I see you are a honest guy. Hopefully they will be able to help you getting your data back.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @MikePT said:

@hkthomas said:

@uptime said:

Some random thoughts:

I see you are a honest guy. Hopefully they will be able to help you getting your data back.

Thank you

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • uptimeuptime Member

MikePT said: Hopefully they will be able to help you getting your data back.

I imagine not many people like to do extra work for free, but I think @key900 would see some value in terms of better advertising (as well as a reasonable resolution). Hopefully there would not be too much technical difficulty but who knows.

@hkthomas anger is such a powerful force - it allows us to do things we normally wouldn't - sometimes that's for the better, often not so good for constructive solutions though. (It seems to be a one-dimensional energy "I am right, you are wrong, now feel my wrath".) So it persists in our human evolution - as does our ability to get past it sometimes. </LowEnd philosophy>

• @uptime said:

MikePT said: Hopefully they will be able to help you getting your data back.

I imagine not many people like to do extra work for free, but I think @key900 would see some value in terms of better advertising (as well as a reasonable resolution). Hopefully there would not be too much technical difficulty but who knows.

@hkthomas anger is such a powerful force - it allows us to do things we normally wouldn't - sometimes that's for the better, often not so good for constructive solutions though. (It seems to be a one-dimensional energy "I am right, you are wrong, now feel my wrath".) So it persists in our human evolution - as does our ability to get past it sometimes. </LowEnd philosophy>

You're right

Thanked by 1uptime
  • jamujajamuja Member

Wait...

Regardless of the information above, shouldn't LetBox at least let the customer download the data on the server?

Unless the customer has exceeded bandwidth, LetBox holding the data on the server is the same as malware holding ransom for your data.

LetBox might have the right to suspend or do anything to their customers based on their TOS, but not letting a customer to download their own data is terrible way to set expectation of service for other customers.
    LetBox might as well advertise their service as "we will hold your data as a ransom whenever we feel like"

I understand that this customer might have abused the cpu, but letting the customer to download the data won't need much cpu nor bandwidth.

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

Welcome to Low-end Help Desk.

Dear hkthomas, how can I help you?

Letbox deleted my account. What should I do now? Please help me.

Do you want your money back?

No. I don't want them to return my money. I have been using it for some time and there is no reason to ask for a refund, plus $3.5 isn't a big deal.

Do you want your website data back?

No. I had my chance to get my data back but I refused.
    They suspended my server for CPU abusing and told me that I had to pay $6 if I want to either continue using it or pack up my stuff before moving to another provider. I call bullshit. $6 is really a big deal to me. I'm not paying them $6 to just get my data back.

So want do you want, hkthomas? What do you really care about?

Nothing really matters to me anymore. I hope this incident will end happily.

What are you trying to say? Are you high?

It's been a tough day for me. I wasn't in a good mood. I did something stupid and embarrassing.

I see. You are a(n) (dis)honest guy. Hopefully, they will be able to help you get your data back.

Thank you.

Case closed. Please rate our service.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • jamuja said: LetBox might as well advertise their service as "we will hold your data as a ransom whenever we feel like"

Going from, "Client was notified multiple times about violating our ToS, declined our solution offer, and then issued a chargeback" to "we'll hold your data hostage whenever we feel like it" seems like a bit of a leap, no?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Lol all this over 2.50. It is hard to believe i guess your data is not really worth that much to you.

• @Kiwi83 said:
    Welcome to Low-end Help Desk.

Dear hkthomas, how can I help you?

Letbox deleted my account. What should I do now? Please help me.

Do you want your money back?

No. I don't want them to return my money. I have been using it for some time and there is no reason to ask for a refund, plus $3.5 isn't a big deal.

Do you want your website data back?

No. I had my chance to get my data back but I refused.
    They suspended my server for CPU abusing and told me that I had to pay $6 if I want to either continue using it or pack up my stuff before moving to another provider. I call bullshit. $6 is really a big deal to me. I'm not paying them $6 to just get my data back.

So want do you want, hkthomas? What do you really care about?

Nothing really matters to me anymore. I hope this incident will end happily.

What are you trying to say? Are you high?

It's been a tough day for me. I wasn't in a good mood. I did something stupid and embarrassing.

I see. You are a(n) (dis)honest guy. Hopefully, they will be able to help you get your data back.

Thank you.

Case closed. Please rate our service.

Of course I would like to get my data back if I can, I don't want to make such a mess, but at the moment, the account has been deleted, I don't have any hope.

• OP even though you want a 'fair' outcome, (very) low end providers have quite a short fuse when it comes to overuse of resources, chargebacks and the overhead of support tickets. In a way it's understandable, in a way it can be frustrating.

Maybe apologise, offer to pay the extra $ for another core and get on with it, or use another host.

The basic maths of very cheap hosts is, it's unsustainable on any scale for the provider - if you're going to need more than minimal resources. Not that it's your fault, you don't write their business plan, just bear it in mind when purchasing/using another service at the very low end.

Thanked by 1yokowasis
  • Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

Of course I would like to get my data back if I can, I don't want to make such a mess, but at the moment, the account has been deleted, I don't have any hope.

Just cut the shit your data isn't even worth $6. If you truly care about getting back your data you would have just paid the $6 no matter what.

• LeviLevi Member

Massively trolled. Noice!

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Hello,
    All information will be provided in my next response with screenshots. I’m on phone and away of the office.

1 - we sent multiple alerts that he using 100% all days and weeks we never got him suspended before our alerting
    2 - he promised that he will fix it we said ok and give him a lot of days to deal with.
    3- again we leave him like weeks and he still overloading the CPU all days and every moments.
    4- we suspended the VPs and asked him to upgrade otherwise to looking into different providers
    5- then he tell us that he don’t have time we gave him time then back today and said he ready we said ok all good.

6- not sure why he pissed alot then open dispute via PayPal
    7- open ticket later for backup and in few minutes he open dispute.
    8- asked PayPal for help and we win it.

All screenshots will be provided next. My phone will dead soon

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@hkthomas said:
    I don't have any hope.

Eternal Hope LTD @Yura @SirFoxy is here to help you...

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
    edited June 2019

ok here is the CPU graphics over the month look how much he is using and how much we been patient

sending alerts since 15th Jun

again we sent at 27th Jun then we got it suspended at 28th since we can't be patient anymore then got it unsuspended 28th after contact us and said he will upgraded.

the OP open dispute before even got out respond look how and when see the dates he even not wait 24 hours for respond just rush with dispute

Mod edit: removed one image due to it containing customer IP

it seems this OP has issued before

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Always more to the story. Well @key900 thanks for filling in the blanks and the op has more chances to rectify the situation and chose not to. Just seems like pure laziness on his part. Well I do have services with you in dallas and it keeps on rocking right along.

edited June 2019

@sanvit said:

I’m ok you know I cannot just crash someone data with press of buttons even if they dispute on me. He just don’t give me extra time to deal with it yes we did disable the account (not removed) and the data still there nothing are removed. The account set back however no one of my support agent will active the services until i got back i have been busy all day with my home area and haven’t got to work until the hour ago and have to leave again and i have go to office which will be tomorrow GMT+2

He keep pushing all day long I cannot be there all 24/7 i have to sleep to eating and some other works to do. He need to be patient that’s all he just pissed we even said that he will need to pay like $1 or 0.30 to upgrade which cost nothing since his renew already coming up soon.

We have been too patient with his overloaded the CPu all days and week not only few hours!