Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the merchant LetBox - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About the merchant LetBox

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Always more to the story. Well @key900 thanks for filling in the blanks and the op has more chances to rectify the situation and chose not to. Just seems like pure laziness on his part. Well I do have services with you in dallas and it keeps on rocking right along.

Thanks you

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

This outcome is not even surprising LOL

• FAT32 said: This outcome is not even surprising LOL

Nah, the interesting part is seeing how OP reacts to this ( if he's still around ). That's when the real drama starts.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • emghemgh Member

Even though the user certainly did things wrong I hope @key900 actually gives the data. Since you were implying it in your post but not directly stating it.

@emgh said:
    Even though the user certainly did things wrong I hope @key900 actually gives the data. Since you were implying it in your post but not directly stating it.

I would suggest the OP that if the data is really important, pay for the $6 to get the data back. Multiple FraudRecord records, abuse notifications and chargebacks are quite clear that he might not learn his lesson yet.

@hkthomas 如果资料对您来说很重要,那还是付个 $6 买个教训吧,我看了看您也不算是小白,但长期用 100% CPU 也有点过份了。

(Translation: If the data is very important for you, pay for the $6 to buy a lesson. Based on what I know you don't look like a newbie too, but using 100% CPU is unacceptable)

• emghemgh Member

@FAT32 said:

@emgh said:

I would suggest the OP that if the data is really important, pay for the $6 to get the data back. Multiple FraudRecord records, abuse notifications and chargebacks are quite clear that he might not learn his lesson yet.

(Translation: If the data is very important for you, pay for the $6 to buy a lesson. Based on what I know you don't look like a newbie too, but using 100% CPU is unacceptable)

No, I do not agree here. I don't think forcing him to upgrade CPU cores to get his data back is the most mature thing to do. His decitions might not be mature either, but it was the hosts choice to take him on as a client anyway and you don't force clients to upgrade to get their data. Give him the data and be done with it - don't use it as a negotiating tool for a CPU upgrade when he clearly wants to switch providers.

edited June 2019

@emgh said:
    No, I do not agree here. I don't think forcing him to upgrade CPU cores to get his data back is the most mature thing to do. His decitions might not be mature either, but it was the hosts choice to take him on as a client anyway and you don't force clients to upgrade to get their data. Give him the data and be done with it - don't use it as a negotiating tool for a CPU upgrade when he clearly wants to switch providers.

I agree but now you are looking at it as one single case, what do you expect the host to do when there are multiple cases like this? It is not like LetBox didn't send any notifications at all, yet it has been sent for 3 weeks.

Opening a dispute / chargeback without giving details of whole incident doesn't seems fair to the provider too, the provider might lose the chargeback and that's even worse.

For some providers you even have to pay for Support Fee / Chargeback Fee, for $6 it is already consider kind enough.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • emghemgh Member

@FAT32 said:

@emgh said:

I agree but now you are looking at it as one single case, what do you expect the host to do when there are multiple cases like this? It is not like LetBox didn't send any notifications at all, yet it has been sent for 3 weeks.

Opening a dispute / chargeback without giving details of whole incident doesn't seems fair to the provider too, the provider might lose the chargeback and that's even worse.

For some providers you even have to pay for Support Fee / Chargeback Fee, for $6 it is already consider kind enough.

Let's say like this: If there was a support fee or a chargeback fee I'd be fine with it. If it was impossible to gain the files back - I'd be fine with it. But to make him upgrade a CPU core that he doesn't need since he wants it for 3 hours to gain the data back for him to get the chance to get his data is unfair.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

The only mistake that @key900 made is that they were way too patient with this guy.

• Not siding with OP here.

Can the VPS provider do a hard cap on the CPU usage to limit high consumption?

• uptimeuptime Member

"About the customer @hkthomas" ... lol ffs

• jamujajamuja Member
    edited June 2019

Can the VPS provider do a hard cap on the CPU usage to limit high consumption

Technically yes they can and they should but for some reason many of low-end vps provider doesn't have this working. Once I had my script with a bug resulted in for 100 percent cpu usage for weeks in a very cheap price annual plan. Luckily for me this vps provider only gives me warning and I felt so bad that I don't use the server for the next whole year :smiley:

• @greattomeetyou said:
    Not siding with OP here.

Can the VPS provider do a hard cap on the CPU usage to limit high consumption?

You can, especially in Proxmox, however it doesn't allow you to burst. For example if you hard cap to 10%, the CPU will never be able to burst above that and will be kinda slow.

So yes and no.

• Burst is nice to have. I understand why provider might be reluctant to cap burst.

A few bad apples ruin the basket.

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

@emgh said:

@FAT32 said:

@emgh said:

Getting his data back is just a random excuse he used to start this thread. It's not hard to tell he doesn't give a shit about his data. He doesn't even want to pay $6 to get it back. Don't get distracted by what he claimed.

What he is really after is to use as much as CPU resources as he desires on a $3.5 promotional plan, without being forced to pay the extra $6. $3.5 is certainly a good deal for a VPS with unlimited CPU resoureces, but $9.5 is certainly not, at least for him.

He tried to negocieate with the provider about the upgrading but the outcome wasn't something he desired. No one is willing to let him abuse CPU resources while paying such a low price. He got upset and started this thread bashing the provider while withholding some critial information that makes him look bad.

Yes it might sound unfair to force someone upgrade his package to get his data back, but there's certainly no excuse to continue abusing CPU resources despite multiple warnings from the provider.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

@emgh said:

@FAT32 said:

@emgh said:

Let's say like this: If there was a support fee or a chargeback fee I'd be fine with it. If it was impossible to gain the files back - I'd be fine with it. But to make him upgrade a CPU core that he doesn't need since he wants it for 3 hours to gain the data back for him to get the chance to get his data is unfair.

Ha? Have you read? seems i missed to uploaded them The OP himself asked for upgrades the CPU then he never got back then back again in 28th after got suspended said he don’t have time right now and he got back again later next day asked again then in ticket we asked him did he know how much we allowed for the DL500 package. then he got pissed and open dispute against us so i believe we had the right to got him terminated or suspended. you know i bend the rules if i followed the rules i would changer him $25 as fee but i don;t want to.

then he back again after we got him suspended in 28th Jun

We don't force anyone to upgraded they are on their own upgrade or go away. he just pissed and open dispute against us then we have the right to terminated his account.

Thanked by 2uptime FAT32
  • sanvitsanvit Member

Huh, apologies @key900 apparently there's always another side of story :(

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @key900 said:
    it seems this OP has issued before

Where can one see such a report? Thanks

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

Where can one see such a report?

you can sign up for an account at https://fraudrecord.com

reports are only visible given hashed identifier (email address, etc) so probably won't see anything from plugging in someone's LET nickname ... (though that might be an interesting field for @Harzem to add to the system)

@key900 I hope you make some sales to decent customers from this thread. This has been educational for me as well.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2019

Also maybe make 2 FR reports the 'nope' cutoff for new clients @key900
    P.S : PLEASE get rid of the recaptcha solver on New 'support' ticket submit. I felt like 3rd world slave labor trying to solve at least 8 puzzles just to hit Submit.

Maybe leave it on for other ticket types.

Do FR reports get removed after a certain amount of years?

• @key900 said:

@emgh said:

@FAT32 said:

@emgh said:

Ha? Have you read? seems i missed to uploaded them The OP himself asked for upgrades the CPU then he never got back then back again in 28th after got suspended said he don’t have time right now and he got back again later next day asked again then in ticket we asked him did he know how much we allowed for the DL500 package. then he got pissed and open dispute against us so i believe we had the right to got him terminated or suspended. you know i bend the rules if i followed the rules i would changer him $25 as fee but i don;t want to.

We don't force anyone to upgraded they are on their own upgrade or go away. he just pissed and open dispute against us then we have the right to terminated his account.

Previously, I only knew that stopped happened regularly, and I didn't know that the follow-up would be suspended. It wasn't until I found out that the server had been hung up and the initiator asked you about it. You told me that I needed to upgrade the package. I really wanted to upgrade, and I didn't want to be automatically stopped again. But when you sent me a link to let me know the utilization rate of each package, I saw that the LA500 only used 40% CPU. I felt that the automatic stop would still happen, so I was not willing to continue using your service, but wanted to change the business.

But you're not willing to give me three hours to get the data out, even though it's due on July 6th.

• jamujajamuja Member

@key900 said:

@emgh said:

@FAT32 said:

@emgh said:

Damn, all of this work just to earn $6.... And not even $6 pure profit. No Wonder all my projects are B2B now. Supporting end users sucks and don't pay off. I mean $6 is less than half of minimum hourly wage. My day job company spend around $2K monthly with Google and yet we are still waiting for google tech support solution for 3 weeks.

• @FAT32 said:

@emgh said:

@FAT32 我当时数据着急存储,所以找到了他们直接进行了购买,期间发生过多次被停止的情况,询问他们情况,他们只是告知我CPU不是专用,使用过高会被停止,他们也没有告诉我长期这样会被挂起,所以我并没有在意,在后面发现服务没有运行的时候去连接服务器发现连接不上,去询问他们告诉我进行升级,问我知不知道使用率,我表示不知道,然后发送给我每个包的使用率,我看了往上进行一个升级CPU也只能使用到40%,所以我并不愿意继续使用,因为往后被停止情况有可能依旧会发生。

translate:I was in a hurry to store the data, so I found out that they had made the purchase directly. During the period, they were stopped many times and asked about their situation. They just told me that the CPU was not dedicated. If the usage was too high, it would be stopped. They did not tell me for a long time. This will be suspended, so I didn't care. When I found out that the service was not running, I went to the server and found that the connection was not available. I asked them to tell me to upgrade and asked if I knew the usage rate. I said I didn't know, then Sending me the usage rate of each package, I looked up and upgraded the CPU can only use 40%, so I am not willing to continue to use, I hope to replace the business, because I can not limit the resources to only use 40%.

• @key900 I will submit the question to paypal and I just want to get their help to communicate with you.
    Because you last replied "I was wasting your time" on the ticket and took the initiative to close the ticket, it made me angry.
    I don't need a refund through paypal, I think your reply is not friendly, so I hope to let us continue to deal with this problem through paypal negotiation, I just want to retrieve my data, but obviously you still disagree and delete My account.

Later, I will cancel the dispute, and the email replying to the ticket is sincerely requesting you, but you are not responding.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited June 2019

Using 100% load on CPU for long periods is definitely unacceptable unless u purchased a dedicated CPU plan. I'm sure u already got that figured out.

To back your accusations do post the full exchanges between u and said provider.

Did u receive multiple alerts from CPU load?

• I have to side with provider on this $2.5/$6 case after reading all these posts...

• @key900 > @vimalware said:

Burst is nice to have. I understand why provider might be reluctant to cap burst.

A few bad apples ruin the basket.

Maybe my data is like other people said, it may not be worth $6, but if it takes a few months to generate, it is really worthless, but will you give up?

In short, he doesn't know that frequent poweroff will lead to suspension. He also think that it is not worth it to raise to LA500 because it is still not dedicated CPU. He needs a VPS with dedicated CPU.

@hkthomas said:
    Maybe my data is like other people said, it may not be worth $6, but if it takes a few months to generate, it is really worthless, but will you give up?

It starts to sounds like you are mining / crawling / torrenting something.

• @cybertech said:
    Using 100% load on CPU for long periods is definitely unacceptable unless u purchased a dedicated CPU plan. I'm sure u already got that figured out.

To back your accusations do post the full exchanges between u and said provider.

Did u receive multiple alerts from CPU load?

Yes, I have received it, but the server was only stopped before, so I think they sent me an alert just to tell me that if there is a high load it will be stopped instead of being suspended.