Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 dedicated cores, 10 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD, 2TB@1 Gbit/s for 6€/month - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2 dedicated cores, 10 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD, 2TB@1 Gbit/s for 6€/month

Comments

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

I can't tell details about our calculations. You can verify that your CPU cores are permanently usable by checking the steal time. It should by permanently (way) below 3%.

Some users asked for storage upgrades. At these specials we can give another 50% discount on the official prices (https://php-friends.de/hilfe) :)

Best Regards,
    Tim

@sanvit said:

@bap said:
    Missed this one again, I will blame my boss more. -_-

I can transfer you mine if @PHP_Friends allows it. You'll have to pay me though ;)

That's possible, please open a ticket, our support will guide you through the process.

• @sanvit said:

@bap said:

@PHP_Friends said:

Correct. Now we can sell a few more servers due to some cancellations etc. and will reactivate the product now. But after that it's really sold out, it might last a few hours :)

Regarding the disk performance just a short information that not every host in this generation has the same disk setup. We run 8-16 SSDs in every host; some hosts still use SATA, some newer use SAS and these are faster of course. However, away from benchmarks you should not notice any difference with real-world workload.

Best Regards,
    Tim

I can transfer you mine if @PHP_Friends allows it. You'll have to pay me though ;)

P.S. Netflix works on these. At least my friend's one did

Haha just bought it for the benchmarks eh? :D I, too, was very tempted to get it for like a month but then I resisted.

• @Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@bap said:

@PHP_Friends said:

Correct. Now we can sell a few more servers due to some cancellations etc. and will reactivate the product now. But after that it's really sold out, it might last a few hours :)

Regarding the disk performance just a short information that not every host in this generation has the same disk setup. We run 8-16 SSDs in every host; some hosts still use SATA, some newer use SAS and these are faster of course. However, away from benchmarks you should not notice any difference with real-world workload.

Best Regards,
    Tim

P.S. Netflix works on these. At least my friend's one did

Haha just bought it for the benchmarks eh? :D I, too, was very tempted to get it for like a month but then I resisted.

I just couldn't resist.. :( after running the benchmarks, I have no use except for idling it (well, that is he only reason servers exist anyway. IDLING)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • akhfaakhfa Member

@PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

Some users asked for storage upgrades. At these specials we can give another 50% discount on the official prices (https://php-friends.de/hilfe) :)

Best Regards,
    Tim

Do you mean additional IP will have cost 0.75 euro? How about 5 euro set up fee?

• Any chance these are replenished?

@akhfa said:

@PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

Best Regards,
    Tim

Do you mean additional IP will have cost 0.75 euro? How about 5 euro set up fee?

Right. 50% discount on everything regarding upgrades.

Thanked by 3akhfa Ympker vimalware
  • How to apply %50 discount? Is there any code?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited March 2019

Nice! So for €30/3mo (pre-VAT), one would get 140GB SSD block device.
    Seems like a nice pairing with 10G ram.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @PHP_Friends when is 50% off good till? I am considering it for storage unless a better offer happens after 3 months. lol

Please contact our support referring to this thread for upgrades :)

• lurchlurch Member

Anyone installed proxmox on this yet?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@PHP_Friends said:

@akhfa said:

@PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

Best Regards,
    Tim

Damn didnt buy it now I am upset.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @lurch said:

yes reinstalled several times...only for learning...now fairly set...thin provisioning comes by default..cool...but could not do SuiteCRM on LXC template...so also installed Docker and Portainer and now playing more with all sort of things...

Very very good machine as promised..

• very very bitter feeling still for missing this.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • akhfaakhfa Member

@MikePT said:

@PHP_Friends said:

@akhfa said:

@PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

Best Regards,
    Tim

Damn didnt buy it now I am upset.

Buy first, idle later :wink:

• @PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

I can't tell details about our calculations. You can verify that your CPU cores are permanently usable by checking the steal time. It should by permanently (way) below 3%.

Best Regards,
    Tim

Should there be any steal if they are "dedicated cores"? So really what you've advertising is a standard VPSs with virtual undefined (in terms sharing) cores

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • lurchlurch Member

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@lurch said:

yes reinstalled several times...only for learning...now fairly set...thin provisioning comes by default..cool...but could not do SuiteCRM on LXC template...so also installed Docker and Portainer and now playing more with all sort of things...

How did you do it? I mounted and booted from the ISO and got a command prompt on vnc.

@fpmagic said:
    Should there be any steal if they are "dedicated cores"? So really what you've advertising is a standard VPSs with virtual undefined (in terms sharing) cores

0,0% steal is technically impossible. You can use your cores at any time, so they are dedicated. Of course your cores are not always 1:1 pinned to the same physical cores. I think we all know that such offers are far away from those promoted on LET. The hosts would not even cover their power consumption. :D

Best Regards,
    Tim

• I think we all know that such offers are far away from those promoted on LET. The hosts would not even cover their power consumption. :D

Best Regards,
    Tim

Ah that kind of "dedicated", I see... All makes perfect sense now.

• @lurch said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@lurch said:

How did you do it? I mounted and booted from the ISO and got a command prompt on vnc.

From the solusvm, mount the proxmox ISO, set CD-ROM as first preference for boot and then HDD, then reboot......then login to VNC, you will see the proxmox install page...this is now it worked for me. Cheers.

Thanked by 1lurch
  • @fpmagic said:

I think we all know that such offers are far away from those promoted on LET. The hosts would not even cover their power consumption. :D

Best Regards,
    Tim

as long as VTx is enabled and as long as we are not banned for using allocated CPU 100% all the time...is understood as "dedicated" i believe..

• akhfaakhfa Member

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@lurch said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@lurch said:

From the solusvm, mount the proxmox ISO, set CD-ROM as first preference for boot and then HDD, then reboot......then login to VNC, you will see the proxmox install page...this is now it worked for me. Cheers.

I think I tried this but VNC still show previous OS cli. I just install Debian from template and install proxmox later. > @balaji_pitchumani said:

@fpmagic said:

I think we all know that such offers are far away from those promoted on LET. The hosts would not even cover their power consumption. :D

Best Regards,
    Tim

as long as VTx is enabled and as long as we are not banned for using allocated CPU 100% all the time...is understood as "dedicated" i believe..

This, make your VM core to 1:1 mapping and I think you will see so much idle, LET like idle tough

• @akhfa have you tried clicking the reboot button in SolusVM (not rebooting from SSH)? That worked for me

• So, I didn't tries proxmox , but here is how it worked (atleast in PHP_Friends case)
    How to install an OS from CD ROM:-

1. Load/ mount an iso image.
    2. Change the Boot Order to (1) CD-ROM
    3. Reboot from Solus Panel (Without ones rebooting from Solus, rebooting from VNC/ SSH will not work)
    4. Login Via SSH you shall get the "Click any Btn to Boot From CD" message or something Similar
    5. (Optional) If you keep missing the chance in Point 4.: Now you could log in to your last installed OS and use the Restart/ reboot option, this will not close the VNC giving you ample time to do the Point 4 option.
  • I like to remind myself that I let a 7euro/m avoton dedi (online.net)with 120GB Intel SSD idle for a year.
    I couldn't decide what to do with it beyond a lab for learning and breaking proxmox (don't try stuff in production first)

I guess I'd recommend that here too.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@fpmagic said:

@PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

Best Regards,
    Tim

I guess that if one really wants dedicated cores in the (non-virtualized) bare-metal sense, one should go for a dedi.

Although I'm not familiar with all of the details of configuring KVMs, if one can use one's cores/threads in a KVM without restriction and they're always available and the steal time is consistently lower than (say) 3% (and VT-x is passed through), then the cores/threads are effectively "dedicated" in practice even if they aren't dedicated in the bare-metal sense.

@balaji_pitchumani said:

That's the case.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

I really like the reply from @angstrom, thank you for being the one guy that is always calm.

Steal btw means nothing. There are enough ways to restrict cpu usage on kvm without raising the steal count ;). Not saying that php friends is doing that, they are around for a very long time in the german market and it is really nice to see other people who live of their business.

Edit: sorry can't disable my signature in mobile theme :(

Thanked by 2angstrom Falzo
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@FR_Michael said:
    I really like the reply from @angstrom, thank you for being the one guy that is always calm.

Here at home, I have a LET punching bag. :wink:

Steal btw means nothing. There are enough ways to restrict cpu usage on kvm without raising the steal count ;).

That's beyond my technical competence. :smile:

Not saying that php friends is doing that, they are around for a very long time in the german market and it is really nice to see other people who live of their business.

Yes, indeed, and it wouldn't be good if Hetzner dominated everyone else. ... Oh, wait ... :wink: