Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 dedicated cores, 10 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD, 2TB@1 Gbit/s for 6€/month - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2 dedicated cores, 10 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD, 2TB@1 Gbit/s for 6€/month

Comments

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited March 2019

@sanvit said:
    Serverscope benchmark!

http://serverscope.io/trials/OAmn

Not bad. I/O seems decent, CPU will likely be the bottleneck.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

Tried several times in the last hours, I'm currently unable to answer :/

Best Regards,
    Tim

// I will try to send smaller replies...

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @PHP_Friends said:

Best Regards,
    Tim

Try deleting cache or use ctrl + f5

No chance, something must be wrong with my text. :sweat_smile:

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2019

@angstrom said:

@sanvit said:

@angstrom said:

sanvit said: Weird.... mobile version of SolusVM shows offline but the full version shows as online

But your mobile version seems to show online (not offline). (Or did I miss something?)

This one is when i click the 'full version' button. I couldn't go back to mobile after i did that...

Oh, I see. (I've never used Solus on mobile! :smiley: )

Heres what looks like on mobile ;)

Thanked by 1angstrom
    edited March 2019

Hi,

sorry for the delay, we are literally flooded with orders. :smiley: I'm going to answer the first questions at least. First of all, please don’t send us support requests via PM in this forum or in this thread, I am the only one in our team who has a (~ daily) look at LET and I am not part of our support team in general. My colleagues are there for you, but please contact us via ticket / mail. Thanks!

@needavps said:
    @PHP_Friends can you set ipv6 reverse dns? Do you need to submit contact for new vat invoice or is it automatic? Is there a Hard BW Limit on this plan? Thank you.

• Reverse DNS für v4/v6 can be set in our control panel
    • VAT is (currently) removed manually by us but "automatically" when we see the order qualifies for being VAT free
    • There's no hard limit for traffic, we will contact you if you heavily exceed 2 TB / month

@Mudkip said:
    @PHP_Friends
    Is there anywhere I can read about the DDoS Protection (in English, hopefully...)?

https://php-friends.de/vserver-ssd/ddos-protection

It's German, but First Colo is known for one of the best solutions in Germany and we have own mitigation templates, we create filters on our own etc., so > 99% of all attacks get filtered without intervention. If changes to filters / mitigation templates are required, we take the costs for our customers.

@dfroe said:a
    Nice promo.
    I guess you do not offer 'bring your own IP' with BGP session? :)

BGP sessions are possible (55 EUR / month).

@zomby1 said:
    It is managed? I need web hosting, any good offer?

We are working on web hosting new offers, but we don't offer new web hosting contracts currently. Our managed hosting (Plesk included) will cost +25€ (19% VAT included) monthly. We have a few hundred web hosting customers, but we haven't been selling new webspaces for > two years now as they were based on i-MSCP and we want something better for the future.

Best Regards,
    Tim

Thanked by 1zomby1
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@sanvit said: Heres what looks like on mobile

Yeah, it's crazy that it shows offline in mobile view.

Thanked by 2Ympker sanvit

@v3ng said:
    @PHP_Friends is the IPv6 subnet routed?

No.

@vimalware said:
    @PHP_Friends Limit 1 per Customer?

@PHP_Friends said:

Is it possible remove the vat if I outside the euro?

Yes, just wait up to a few hours after your order (before you make your payment), we will send you a new invoice without VAT.

Do you do this for foreign individuals or just companies having non-EU VAT registration ?

Also for companies.

@gks said:
    @PHP_Friends can you comment on VAT from outside Europe customers, especially for business account?

You don't pay VAT in this case.

@sanvit said:
    Is this suitable for video encoding?

I don't think so as you don't have a graphics card.

@plumberg said:
    Any way to switch to English while ordering?? Thnx
    @php_friends

No, sorry :(

Best Regards,
    Tim

• Is this suitable for video encoding?

I don't think so as you don't have a graphics card.

Well, I'm learning it the hard (and expensive) way.. ;)

For comparison, here's a fresh Geekbench from my netcup Root-Server Eierkanone (from Easter last year), also two dedicated cores/threads, but slighter better processor (E5-2670 v3 @ 2.30GHz), but less RAM (8GB):

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12387006

(The netcup server scores slightly better.)

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited March 2019

sanvit said: Well, I'm learning it the hard (and expensive) way.. ;)

Depends what you want to encode and how fast, but these two cores, could definitely do some video encoding.

Edit: if we believe unixbench, it should perform like half an i3 3120...

Thanked by 1sanvit

@gks said:
    Is Windows License included with price?

No. You can bring your own license or buy it from us. And of course you can use the trial, we provide those "normal" ISOs from Microsoft.

@t0m said:
    According to their e-mail after provisioning, you need to open a ticket to get Windows installed. Linux will be automatically deployed.

Windows can be installed without our support, in this case we simply had not the ISO on our NFS we use for ISOs / templates but it was listed in SolusVM. Shouldn't happen in general :disappointed:

@Neoon said:
    Well 1470.3 Unixbench is meh.
    I would have expected 2000.
    But still it has 10GB of Memory.

If you need more performance per core, we can migrate your server to a node with Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3. This CPU might have a better single core performance.

@angstrom said:

@sanvit said: Heres what looks like on mobile

Yeah, it's crazy that it shows offline in mobile view.

That's a known SolusVM bug. Really confusing. A recent update should fix this, we will install it asap (but not within the next weeks because we have some custom changes).

I hope I've answered all questions. This thread is quite active. :sweat_smile:

Best Regards,
    Tim

Thanked by 1Ympker
    edited March 2019

Just for the information of those of you who may be wondering, according to their ToS, the following are not permitted (from https://php-friends.de/technische-beschraenkungen ):

• No mining
    • No file sharing (of the kind Torrent, eMule/eDonkey, RapidShare, and the like)
    • No port scanning
    • No Tor nodes

(In other words, pretty much as expected. :smile: )

Thanked by 1Ympker

@PHP_Friends said: I hope I've answered all questions. This thread is quite active. :sweat_smile:

If you're accepting requests, noVNC in SolusVM would be nice. :smile: (I'm not sure who still uses Java VNC client.)

Thanked by 1Shazan

Please notice that we don't consider services like Owncloud / Nextcloud as file sharing. We mean sites like RapidShare, Megaupload etc. which are (mostly) intended to share movies, music and so on for public.

Thanked by 2Ympker angstrom

@angstrom said:
    If you're accepting requests, noVNC in SolusVM would be nice. :smile: (I'm not sure who still uses Java VNC client.)

You're absolutely right, that's planned for a while now. Should be done shortly.

Thanked by 2Ympker angstrom

@PHP_Friends said:
    Please notice that we don't consider services like Owncloud / Nextcloud as file sharing. We mean sites like RapidShare, Megaupload etc. which are (mostly) intended to share movies, music and so on for public.

I edited my post above to reflect this. (I also didn't think that ownCloud/Nextcloud were affected by this.)

Thanked by 2Ympker dataforest
  • gksgks Member

@PHP_Friends ,

Do you allow private network within your data centre? Is internal communication traffic free? I need 3 more VPS for testing and clustering purpose. netcup charges on same. Doing workaround with them with public ip and linux firewall rules.

• kmmmkmmm Member

I bough 1 and received login information to the VPS after <30 min. Here is some test:

nench.sh v2019.03.01 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
    benchmark timestamp: 2019-03-13 20:38:50 UTC

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    CPU cores: 2
    Frequency: 2199.998 MHz
    RAM: 9.8G
    Swap: -
    Kernel: Linux 4.15.0-43-generic x86_64

Disks:
    vda 40G HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    4.382 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    8.220 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    2.197 seconds

ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 119.0 us / 371.5 us / 39.1 ms / 858.6 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 6.67 k requests in 5.00 s, 1.63 GiB, 1.33 k iops, 333.3 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 40.53 MiB/s
    2nd run: 300.41 MiB/s
    3rd run: 388.15 MiB/s
    average: 243.03 MiB/s

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12391710

How to post block of text with yellow background?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @PHP_Friends said:

Best Regards,
    Tim

// I will try to send smaller replies...

Disable the script and ad blockers in your browser.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • tired of finding an English version of Windows server work here, any luck for anyone of us here so far? Also raised a ticket but they want the ISO path.

• OK language change worked after applying all windows updates for 2019, go ahead and choose the de-windows 2019 ISO.

Thanked by 1t0m
  • how can we compare this to the hetzner 4GB RAM cloud VPS (with NVMe) vs this with 2 dedicated cores, 10GB RAM and SSD?

edited March 2019

@balaji_pitchumani said:
    OK language change worked after applying all windows updates for 2019, go ahead and choose the de-windows 2019 ISO.

Glad to hear that it worked. (Since they don't offer licenses for Windows, I guess that it's left to customers to figure out any Windows-related issues.)

• FalzoFalzo Member

@balaji_pitchumani said:
    how can we compare this to the hetzner 4GB RAM cloud VPS (with NVMe) vs this with 2 dedicated cores, 10GB RAM and SSD?

by buying one and running the desired benchmarks? I mean... hetzner cloud is hourly so it's going to cost you just a few cents...

@balaji_pitchumani said:
    how can we compare this to the hetzner 4GB RAM cloud VPS (with NVMe) vs this with 2 dedicated cores, 10GB RAM and SSD?

As @Falzo said ...

... but I guess that the disk speed will be better with NVMe and it's possible that the host/mother CPU is better on the Hetzner plan even if the two vCores are shared. Nevertheless, for the monthly price, I find that the PHP-Friends special is a better deal, especially because of the 10 GB RAM (but it's also a one-time special, after all). This said, if one really needs more than 2 TB bandwidth, then the Hetzner plan is the clear winner.

Thanked by 1balaji_pitchumani
  • Tasty offer. But what am I going to do with 10GB of ram ._.

• @Falzo said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

by buying one and running the desired benchmarks? I mean... hetzner cloud is hourly so it's going to cost you just a few cents...

I have already been running the hetzner VPS for 10 months + now and quite happy, evaluating if I need to switch to this..since dedicated core and twice RAM, please suggest a benchmark to run on windows OS..

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
    edited March 2019

@muffin said:
    Tasty offer. But what am I going to do with 10GB of ram ._.

I'm so used to small VPSes with 256 MB or 512 MB or 1 GB of RAM that it feels liberating not to have to worry about RAM. :smile: (Nevertheless, I set up a swap space of 128 MB, largely out of habit -- old habits die hard!)

Thanked by 1muffin
  • @angstrom said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

As @Falzo said ...

... but I guess that the disk speed will be better with NVMe and it's possible that the host/mother CPU is better on the Hetzner plan even if the two vCores are shared. Nevertheless, for the monthly price, I find that the PHP-Friends special is a better deal, especially because of the 10 GB RAM (but it's also a one-time special, after all). This said, if one really needs more than 2 TB bandwidth, then the Hetzner plan is the clear winner.

i dont need more than 2TB bandwidth anyways..hence need to test it out...agree on all the factors stated here...thanks

Thanked by 1angstrom