Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 dedicated cores, 10 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD, 2TB@1 Gbit/s for 6€/month - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2 dedicated cores, 10 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD, 2TB@1 Gbit/s for 6€/month

Comments

• @t0m said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@Sven said:
    Was somebody able to install windows?
    I just get a blue screen after booting from their iso

I mounted the windows 2019 iso and then could not connect on VNC yet...only javavnc available and browser does not launch it...tried vncviewer directly and still cannot connect on the given IP as well..

According to their e-mail after provisioning, you need to open a ticket to get Windows installed. Linux will be automatically deployed.

Linux also does not deploy and server always shows offline.

• @balaji_pitchumani said:

@t0m said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@Sven said:

I mounted the windows 2019 iso and then could not connect on VNC yet...only javavnc available and browser does not launch it...tried vncviewer directly and still cannot connect on the given IP as well..

According to their e-mail after provisioning, you need to open a ticket to get Windows installed. Linux will be automatically deployed.

Server shows offline but the reinstall button from SolusVM worked. Note that their default reinstall image is in german (at least Ubuntu 18.04 is).

• @sanvit said:

@angstrom said:

@sanvit said:
    I just got mine provisioned :)

If I may ask, when did you order?

(I decided to get one and ordered less than an hour ago -- am waiting.)

Got the VAT removed invoice at 5:37 AM paid in an hour later and got the server at 6:37 PM all in KST (GMT+9)

Did you ask for support to remove the VAT or it was done automatically?

• @smile93 said:

@sanvit said:

@angstrom said:

@sanvit said:

Got the VAT removed invoice at 5:37 AM paid in an hour later and got the server at 6:37 PM all in KST (GMT+9)

I did sent a PM but AFAIK they check orders and send you the new invoice if your out of EU even if you don't contact them. It's done manually and takes few hours to get it.

• @sanvit said:

@smile93 said:

@sanvit said:

@angstrom said:

@sanvit said:

I did sent a PM but AFAIK they check orders and send you the new invoice if your out of EU even if you don't contact them. It's done manually and takes few hours to get it.

Thanks, I will wait for updated invoice before making the payment.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited March 2019

I ordered at 09:46, paid at 09:54, and was provisioned at 10:54. (Since I'm in the EU, it's possible that my case was more straightforward for them.)

Debian 9.5 Minimal is installed by default, Solus is the control panel, and it shows that my server is online. Unfortunately, the only VNC client available in Solus is Java VNC Client (I thought that Java VNC Client was deprecated), and I cannot connect using an independent VNC client, so the initial impression is somewhat mixed. (So I basically confirm what @balaji_pitchumani above said, except that my server is shown to be online.)

Edit: VNC works. See my post later in this thread.

Thanked by 2Ympker uptime
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2019

@angstrom said:
    I ordered at 09:46, paid at 09:54, and was provisioned at 10:54. (Since I'm in the EU, it's possible that my case was more straightforward for them.)

Debian 9.5 Minimal is installed by default, Solus is the control panel, and it shows that my server is online. Unfortunately, the only VNC client available in Solus is Java VNC Client (I thought that Java VNC Client was deprecated), and I cannot connect using an independent VNC client, so the initial impression is somewhat mixed. (So I basically confirm what @balaji_pitchumani above said, except that my server is shown to be online.)

I was able to connect via VNC on my android phone using a VNC app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.realvnc.viewer.android but any viewer should work

Thanked by 2uptime angstrom
  • @angstrom said:

Are you also looking to install Windows, or does installing Linux in fact not work too?

edited March 2019

@sanvit said:

@angstrom said:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.realvnc.viewer.android but any viewer should work

I've tried both Vinagre and Remmina on Linux, but neither can connect, unfortunately.

I can't use Java VNC client in Solus because I don't have the Java plugin installed, but I think that Firefox now rejects the Java plugin anyway.

Nevertheless, my server is online and I can connect using ssh. (But I would like to do an install from ISO, and I need a VNC connection for this.)

Edit: VNC works.

edited March 2019

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

Are you also looking to install Windows, or does installing Linux in fact not work too?

Just using the default Debian 9.5 minimal template, which I also reinstalled to see whether this makes a difference, but it didn't.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited March 2019

@angstrom said:

@sanvit said:

@angstrom said:

I've tried both Vinagre and Remmina on Linux, but neither can connect, unfortunately.

I can't use Java VNC client in Solus because I don't have the Java plugin installed, but I think that Firefox now rejects the Java plugin anyway.

Nevertheless, my server is online and I can connect using ssh. (But I would like to do an install from ISO, and I need a VNC connection for this.)

Have you double checked the server ip (vnc ip, not your vps ip), port and password? Have you enabled insecure connections? Vnc credentials seems to be only available on the full version and not the mobile version of solusvm. It is a PITA to not have noVNC though...

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

Just using the default Debian 9.5 minimal template, which I also reinstalled just to see whether this makes a difference, but it didn't.

Well this could either be a Solus thing then or provider fault. Surely @PHP_Friends will look into that though :)

@sanvit said:

@angstrom said:

@sanvit said:

@angstrom said:

Have you double checked the server ip (vnc ip, not your vps ip), port and password? Have you enabled insecure connections? Vnc credentials seems to be only available on the full version and not the mobile version of solusvm. It is a PITA to not have noVNC though...

Okay, both Vinagre and Remmina can connect now. :smile: Perhaps in my eagerness, I entered something wrong(!), but these VNC clients can connect now. :smiley:

But, yeah, the lack of noVNC in Solus is surprising -- I thought that noVNC was standard these days.

Thanked by 2sanvit Ympker

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

Just using the default Debian 9.5 minimal template, which I also reinstalled just to see whether this makes a difference, but it didn't.

Well this could either be a Solus thing then or provider fault. Surely @PHP_Friends will look into that though :)

All is good now -- see just above. :smile:

Thanked by 1Ympker
    edited March 2019

@angstrom said:

Edit: The independent VNC clients work. See my post above.

Edit2: The first edit was technically quoting & editing myself rather than merely editing myself -- sorry!

• @sanvit said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@t0m said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@Sven said:

Server shows offline but the reinstall button from SolusVM worked. Note that their default reinstall image is in german (at least Ubuntu 18.04 is).

again tried ubuntu 18.04 reinstall through solusvm, waited for 10 minutes, still home page shows offline and not able to SSH as well, so still stuck, waiting for ticket response.

• @angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

All is good now -- see just above. :smile:

Happy to hear :)

@sanvit said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@t0m said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@Sven said:

again tried ubuntu 18.04 reinstall through solusvm, waited for 10 minutes, still home page shows offline and not able to SSH as well, so still stuck, waiting for ticket response.

Have you tried connecting via VNC?

• @sanvit said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@sanvit said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@t0m said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@Sven said:

Yes tried with vncviewer, gets connection refused. tried even on IE with the solusvm java viewer as unsecured...still...no success, seems truly offline only.

@sanvit said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@t0m said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@Sven said:

debian 9.5 not working for me but
    Centos 7 worked very well after reinstalled and reboot. I was only managed to get the ping working after I sshed in and run a yum update -y

edited March 2019

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@sanvit said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@sanvit said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@t0m said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:

@Sven said:

Yes tried with vncviewer, gets connection refused. tried even on IE with the solusvm java viewer as unsecured...still...no success, seems truly offline only.

Yeah, if Solus persistently indicates that your server is offline, then that's a problem that only they can solve, unfortunately. (My server was online from the very beginning.)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2019

@sanvit said:
    Serverscope benchmark!

http://serverscope.io/trials/OAmn

Thanks ;)

Looks great tbh.

Thanked by 1dataforest

In case anyone's interested:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo 
    processor   : 0
    vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
    cpu family  : 6
    model       : 79
    model name  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    stepping    : 1
    microcode   : 0x1
    cpu MHz     : 2199.998
    cache size  : 4096 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings    : 1
    core id     : 0
    cpu cores   : 1
    apicid      : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu     : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level : 13
    wp      : yes
    flags       : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch invpcid_single kaiser tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 hle avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rtm rdseed adx smap xsaveopt
    bugs        : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf
    bogomips    : 4399.99
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

processor   : 1
    vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
    cpu family  : 6
    model       : 79
    model name  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    stepping    : 1
    microcode   : 0x1
    cpu MHz     : 2199.998
    cache size  : 4096 KB
    physical id : 1
    siblings    : 1
    core id     : 0
    cpu cores   : 1
    apicid      : 1
    initial apicid  : 1
    fpu     : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level : 13
    wp      : yes
    flags       : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch invpcid_single kaiser tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 hle avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rtm rdseed adx smap xsaveopt
    bugs        : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf
    bogomips    : 4399.99
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

• Weird.... mobile version of SolusVM shows offline but the full version shows as online

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well 1470.3 Unixbench is meh.
    I would have expected 2000.
    But still it has 10GB of Memory.

sanvit said: Weird.... mobile version of SolusVM shows offline but the full version shows as online

But your mobile version seems to show online (not offline). (Or did I miss something?)

• @angstrom said:

sanvit said: Weird.... mobile version of SolusVM shows offline but the full version shows as online

But your mobile version seems to show online (not offline). (Or did I miss something?)

This one is when i click the 'full version' button. I couldn't go back to mobile after i did that...

@sanvit said:

@angstrom said:

This one is when i click the 'full version' button. I couldn't go back to mobile after i did that...

Oh, I see. (I've never used Solus on mobile! :smiley: )