Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is VirMach owned by ColoCrossing? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is VirMach owned by ColoCrossing?

1235»

Comments

• 36062023606202 Member
    edited February 2019

I am all in for educated potatoes. I would love to have a philosophical discussion with my food.

eol said: School is for keeping the masses stupid and to feed them lies/controlled knowledge.

This only what YouTube is telling you...

Thanked by 1eol
  • @eol said:
    School is for keeping the masses stupid and to feed them lies/controlled knowledge.

How old are you?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @default said:

@eol said:
    School is for keeping the masses stupid and to feed them lies/controlled knowledge.

How old are you?

$7.

• @default said:

@eol said:

How old are you?

His issue isn't age, it's mental.

• @TimboJones said:

@default said:

@eol said:

How old are you?

His issue isn't age, it's mental.

If you say so.

• @greattomeetyou said:

TimboJones said: In many countries, this type of billing (keeping money before service period begins) is getting outlawed.

There are a lot of hosting business owners (admin) here think they can do whatever they want if they put it in TOS. There is something called consumer protection law. Their TOSs will likely be flown out in court.

My suggestion:
    Refund minus some reasonable and agreeable fee. And everyone is happy.

Anyhow, Virmach refunded me and all is well.

• Screwdriver said: Anyhow, Virmach refunded me and all is well.

Great to hear. At least, Virmach is the reasonable vendor.

Thanked by 1eol
  • ScrewdriverScrewdriver Member
    edited February 2019

@greattomeetyou said:

Screwdriver said: Anyhow, Virmach refunded me and all is well.

Great to hear. At least, Virmach is the reasonable vendor.

There is a lot to this story, more so then I posted here. Also, I have other accounts with them, not just the one I had an issue with.

Bottom line, Virmach did the right thing and showed that they care about customers.

Also, after this interaction, there are providers I would never do business with and I am glad there is a four hour edit window so others can see their attitudes.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Dearest all,

I hate thee.

Thanked by 1eol
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

tl;dr

reeeeeeeeeeeeee

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Screwdriver said:
    Also, I have other accounts with them, not just the one I had an issue with.

There it is right there.

There's always more to the story. Having multiple accounts is against most provider's TOS. It's no wonder you were initially denied a refund.

• @Screwdriver said: Also, I have other accounts with them, not just the one I had an issue with.

From Virmach's AUP:

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @saibal said:

@Screwdriver said: Also, I have other accounts with them, not just the one I had an issue with.

From Virmach's AUP:

I wonder how they handle personal and business accounts from same person. It's just easier for my taxes and expenses to just keep them separate. Billing address will be the same, just my company name listed for the business account.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

@TimboJones said:

@saibal said:

@Screwdriver said: Also, I have other accounts with them, not just the one I had an issue with.

From Virmach's AUP:

I wonder how they handle personal and business accounts from same person. It's just easier for my taxes and expenses to just keep them separate. Billing address will be the same, just my company name listed for the business account.

That wouldn’t be the same Customer - legal entity represented by a person X is different to a person X directly

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Clouvider said:

@TimboJones said:

@saibal said:

From Virmach's AUP:

That wouldn’t be the same Customer - legal entity represented by a person X is different to a person X directly

If a human reviewed that, they'd probably see that. But if they electronically see two accounts with same address and same or different names, they could flag or suspend. But I think the spirit of this clause is if you're trying to circumvent their system for your advantage (e.g, double use of one time promos), not reliably pay them.

edited February 2019

@MasonR said:

@Screwdriver said:
    Also, I have other accounts with them, not just the one I had an issue with.

There it is right there.

There's always more to the story. Having multiple accounts is against most provider's TOS. It's no wonder you were initially denied a refund.

They know I have them. Same billing and account info. How is that against TOS?

• @Screwdriver said:
    Same billing and account info. How is that against TOS?

It literally says so:

Customer agrees not to circumvent, abuse, or attempt to circumvent or abuse VirMach security measures and/or billing system. This includes, but is not limited to: creating multiple billing accounts for the same Customer or from the same household

https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/#tab1

Not sure how that could be made clearer.

edited February 2019

@Daniel15 said:

@Screwdriver said:
    Same billing and account info. How is that against TOS?

It literally says so:

Customer agrees not to circumvent, abuse, or attempt to circumvent or abuse VirMach security measures and/or billing system. This includes, but is not limited to: creating multiple billing accounts for the same Customer or from the same household

https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/#tab1

Not sure how that could be made clearer.

I guess you can argue all you want, but the bottom line is that they knew, and enforcing the TOS is completely up to them. Also, I was not trying to circumnavigate the security or billing. I was completely transparent.

So, your welcome to complain to them and force them to enforce their TOS because you don't agree with their CS decisions.

Bottom line, Virmach provided me with great CS and all is well.

• @Screwdriver said:
    ... and all is well.

No, all is not well...

Thanked by 2uptime eol