Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is VirMach owned by ColoCrossing? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is VirMach owned by ColoCrossing?

Comments

• @curator said:
    I have only heard good stuff about VirMach so far but I am wondering if they’re owned by CC. They seem to use CC hardware/IPs, have similar terms/offers and a similar money back guarantee. Has anyone got more information on this?

Yes I can confirm that VirMach is owned and operated by ColoCrossing.

Thanked by 1eol
  • zafouhar said: Yes I can confirm that VirMach is owned and operated by ColoCrossing.

That might explain why they have so many Buffalo NY VPS for sale during BF?

• @zafouhar said:

@curator said:
    I have only heard good stuff about VirMach so far but I am wondering if they’re owned by CC. They seem to use CC hardware/IPs, have similar terms/offers and a similar money back guarantee. Has anyone got more information on this?

Thanks for clarifying this!

Thanked by 1eol
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@zafouhar said:

@curator said:

Sorry, maybe a relatively noob question but: are you with Virmach or with ColoCrossing or based on what can you make that statement?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

VirMach isnt owned by ColoCrossing, at all. Its an independent business. The owner is a terrific guy and has many plans for VirMach. I highly doubt he would ever sell it.
    This thread is useless.

• @jsg said:

@zafouhar said:

@curator said:

Sorry, maybe a relatively noob question but: are you with Virmach or with ColoCrossing or based on what can you make that statement?

I am with everyone including Microsoft, Apple, Sony etc.

I can confirm that Colocrossing owns everyone including the house opposite you :D

Thanked by 1eol

@zafouhar said:

@jsg said:

@zafouhar said:

@curator said:

I am with everyone including Microsoft, Apple, Sony etc.

I can confirm that Colocrossing owns everyone including the house opposite you :D

Thanks. Oh and: please tell the people on the other side of the street to keep the heavy metal volume a bit lower past midnight.

• @MikePT said: VirMach isnt owned by ColoCrossing, at all. Its an independent business. The owner is a terrific guy and has many plans for VirMach. I highly doubt he would ever sell it.

Finally a voice of reason. :smile:

Thanked by 2MikePT Egyarmy
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2019

@angstrom said:

@MikePT said: VirMach isnt owned by ColoCrossing, at all. Its an independent business. The owner is a terrific guy and has many plans for VirMach. I highly doubt he would ever sell it.

Finally a voice of reason. :smile:

On the other hand, if it's true that VirMach is secretly owned by CC, then it would be a secret (naturally), and it's doubtful that @MikePT would think that VirMach is owned by CC.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Thanks for the discussion and insights of the past.

@MikePT said:
    VirMach isnt owned by ColoCrossing, at all. Its an independent business. The owner is a terrific guy and has many plans for VirMach. I highly doubt he would ever sell it.
    This thread is useless.

Thanks for clarifying.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I haven't seen so far cc ghost to use other dc's then owned by cc, or have eu locations and ipv6. While Virmach use ServerHub for EU and some of the US locations are also on ServerHub. Or perhaps CC went with other strategy give customers ipv6, who knows :D :D

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

angstrom said: Okay, I agree that a past pattern of denials can make people doubtful/suspicious in the present.

It is not so much a pattern among other things, it is more that if it is not owned either legally or unofficially or by nudge nudge wink wink I scratch your back you fill my pockets, it is that they would be the only brand ever to be the exception, hence my mild skepticism and saying that if a dog bits you 9 times if you put your hand out, why would you think it wont on the 10th time?

What @MikePT says is true and fair also however, exactly the same was said about HVH for a meaningful period of time, either way I don't see any bubble bursting, they do not seem even remotely similar, few crazy deals but overall they seem to offer good service and public opinion is high!

edit: And also at this point in this history of CC/LET/LEB ... who really cares.

• The result is the same: If CC wants Virmach to close shop, it's game over.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • edited February 2019

Should I remind all of you that HiFormance also had servers with non-CC providers (QN)? So obviously that means nothing.

• @t0ny0 said:
    Should I remind all of you that HiFormance also had servers with non-CC providers (QN)? So obviously that means nothing.

Perhaps I missed something, but I don't think that the conclusion was that HF was owned by CC.

• @angstrom said:

@t0ny0 said:

Perhaps I missed something, but I don't think that the conclusion was that HF was owned by CC.

Really? I mean I definitely could be wrong,but I was super sure that it is a CC shadow company..

• My goodness this place has turned into a poop eating phrenzy.

• @t0ny0 said:

@angstrom said:

@t0ny0 said:

Really? I mean I definitely could be wrong,but I was super sure that it is a CC shadow company..

That wasn't the main point of the thread on HF, nor did people seem to be suggesting this conclusion.

HF was a shady CC-reseller (not exclusively CC), and CC tried to "protect" them by deleting their offers from LEB after they deadpooled.

• @angstrom said:

@t0ny0 said:

@angstrom said:

@t0ny0 said:

That wasn't the main point of the thread on HF, nor did people seem to be suggesting this conclusion.

HF was a shady CC-reseller (not exclusively CC), and CC tried to "protect" them by deleting their offers from LEB after they deadpooled.

Ah, gotcha. Well by either supporting a scam host or running it - they are still knee deep into it, maybe thats what caused my confusion. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanked by 2angstrom datanoise
  • Stop this obsession please.

• I dont know, I don’t care. Cheap servers, that’s all I care.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2019

muffin said: I dont know, I don’t care. Cheap servers, that’s all I care.

For now, until you accidentally stumble into a server on their network and find out just how god awful it is and try to ticket and it doesn't go your way. Then you will be back here to call the host a scam and all the sudden you will miraculously care a lot more about it.

People who an issue doesn't affect rarely care about the issue until it has some effect on them as well.

ColoCrossing has a lot of very shady practices and businesses. The best part is, if they are doing their job right, you won't know your on a CC provider until you figure out your server is down, the support is incompetent and your not getting your money back without a fight (coming to LET to beg). Then and only then will you have had the full ColoCrossing experience.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Without obsession, mankind would have gone extinct.

I don't quite get it. From what I know, being associated with CC is considered a big minus. So why do some here willfully associate Virmach with CC?

Is there any factual basis for that?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You don't need to get it. Just go with the flow, em, whatever flow that is.

• The buffalo is nigh.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2019

@jsg said:
    I don't quite get it. From what I know, being associated with CC is considered a big minus. So why do some here willfully associate Virmach with CC?

Is there any factual basis for that?

Well, minimally, VirMach resell CC-servers (but not only CC-servers), so this is a clear association between VirMach and CC.

But some people (not me) appear (to want) to believe that the association is deeper: that CC secretly own VirMach (and want to hide this fact from the LET community). I at least don't see any reason to believe that this is the case (but I concede that it would be more intriguing if it were the case).

• Considering how many deals during Black Friday.it is probably owned by CC. I don't have any doubts about it because you cannot fake ipv4 used. People should be happy. It means they won't go bankrupt. I wouldn't use them for business though.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Lol. I think it's time to get the water tested.

• At transcedental level, the existence of Virmach relies on love from community, combined with a very small margin of profit springing from owner's passion for Information Technology. To this complex aspect of emotional and logical value, we may also add the intents of ColoCrossing to evolve their increasing greedy and charismatic profits by acquiring a thriving reseller such as Virmach.

Therefore, in respect for Virmach, and without being in any way good at my small attempt to emit suppositions, I consider Virmach would not be sold any time soon, simply because of that deep-down love for servers, driven from interest burning the owner deep inside with that obvious passion mentioned earlier, and proven on LET throughout time.

At spiritual level, karma will not allow such transaction to happen, or angels and demons will turn back on ColoCrossing with great might and with great power within LET community, to smite down what was once a great company.