Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is VirMach owned by ColoCrossing? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is VirMach owned by ColoCrossing?

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Screwdriver said:

@Clouvider said:

@Screwdriver said:
    I asked Virmach to cancel and refund a renewal that had not even started yet. They said nope, too late. Not like I was asking for a refund for services I received, just not charge me for services I have not received and had canceled withing the contract period.

Did you place the notice on time? No? This are the services received then already.

The new service did not start until Feb 15, I asked to cancel on Feb 13 withing my old contract. Basically since they already early charged me, they are saying it is too late even though the new contract had not started yet and no service for the new charge was delivered.

Your contract was ongoing with them, clearly, so it’s simply not correct.

You could say that only if you had a fixed term contract, meaning your service would always terminate every year and you’d need to order every year, but it’s not the case; it’s a recurring service and you failed to give notice. Tough life.

• ScrewdriverScrewdriver Member
    edited February 2019

@Clouvider said:

@Screwdriver said:

@Clouvider said:

@Screwdriver said:
    I asked Virmach to cancel and refund a renewal that had not even started yet. They said nope, too late. Not like I was asking for a refund for services I received, just not charge me for services I have not received and had canceled withing the contract period.

Did you place the notice on time? No? This are the services received then already.

The new service did not start until Feb 15, I asked to cancel on Feb 13 withing my old contract. Basically since they already early charged me, they are saying it is too late even though the new contract had not started yet and no service for the new charge was delivered.

You could say that only if you had a fixed term contract, meaning your service would always terminate every year and you’d need to order every year, but it’s not the case; it’s a recurring service and you failed to give notice. Tough life.

You would have a valid point if I canceled into my second term and I was already receiving service for the charged amount. But, I was still in the first...

If I was into the second contract, I would not even be fighting this.

@Screwdriver said:

@Clouvider said:

@Screwdriver said:

@Clouvider said:

@Screwdriver said:

You would have a valid point if I canceled into my second term and I was already receiving service for the charged amount. But, I was still in the first...

I have a valid point regardless. You’ll understand when you sign your first mobile phone contract.

• @Clouvider said:

@Screwdriver said:

@Clouvider said:

@Screwdriver said:

@Clouvider said:

@Screwdriver said:

I have a valid point regardless. You’ll understand when you sign your first mobile phone contract.

Your argument is invalid.

As for your mobile contract mention. WTF? How does that have any basis on this subject? And FYI, I am on a month to month mobile contract and can cancel anytime within the month I have paid for, which validates my argument if we are to use mobile contracts as an example.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @Screwdriver

Before crying here like

visit Virmach website and

because Section "1. TERMS & EFFECTIVE DATES", Article "B" states

Either VirMach or Customer may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason upon providing a thirty (30) day advance notice in writing.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2019

@Screwdriver said:

(Let me guess: PayPal subscription?)

From their Terms & Conditions ( https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/ , under Refunds):

We usually provide refunds within 7 days of your first purchase for your first service. There’s a limit of one refund per customer.

It doesn't matter that you paid a couple of days ahead of the renewal of the service, but if you had canceled the service before it renewed, the money paid would have remained as credit in your account. (Maybe this is what happened.)

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited February 2019

@default said: because Section "1. TERMS & EFFECTIVE DATES", Article "B" states

Either VirMach or Customer may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason upon providing a thirty (30) day advance notice in writing.

That needs to be updated. You can cancel a service by clicking a button in the control panel, and no need to do so 30 days in advance.

In any case, @Screwdriver's issue is that he wants a refund.

• Screwdriver said: I asked Virmach to cancel and refund a renewal that had not even started yet. They said nope, too late.

When did they charge you?
    When did the new term start?
    When did you ask them to cancel?

• @greattomeetyou said:

Screwdriver said: I asked Virmach to cancel and refund a renewal that had not even started yet. They said nope, too late.

Feb 12
    Feb 15
    Feb 13

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Screwdriver said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Screwdriver said: I asked Virmach to cancel and refund a renewal that had not even started yet. They said nope, too late.

Feb 12
    Feb 15
    Feb 13

It sounds like you canceled your service in time. Is the amount that you paid available as credit in your account?

Thanked by 1eol

@default said:
    @Screwdriver

Before crying here like

Saddly I believe this is a waste of time, he filtered out your post because you don’t agree with him ;-)

• @Clouvider said:

@default said:
    @Screwdriver

Before crying here like

Saddly I believe this is a waste of time, he filtered out your post because you don’t agree with him ;-)

I don't agree with anybody, not even you. In fact, I hate you!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @angstrom said:

@Screwdriver said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Feb 12
    Feb 15
    Feb 13

It sounds like you canceled your service in time. Is the amount that you paid available as credit in your account?

They did not cancel the service, so my ending is 2/15/20. Shows no credit.

• @Screwdriver said:

@angstrom said:

@Screwdriver said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Feb 12
    Feb 15
    Feb 13

Did you cancel your service before Feb 15 by clicking on the button in the control panel?

edited February 2019

@Screwdriver said:

@angstrom said:

@Screwdriver said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Feb 12
    Feb 15
    Feb 13

Let’s try again. Courageous @default attempt has motivated me.

Because you failed to give a notice on time, as you ought to with virtually any recurring contract. As was quoted, your cancellation should have been made 30 days BEFORE the end of the term. You made it 2 days before the term. You’re 28 days too late, but at least how you’ve given them sufficient notice to terminate at the end of the next term.

Yaaaaay, yet another provider bashing post on LET that’s absolutely unfounded, over this weekend.

• @Clouvider said: Because you failed to give a notice on time, as you ought to with virtually any recurring contract. As was quoted, your cancellation should have been made 30 days BEFORE the end of the term. You made it 2 days before the term. You’re 28 days too late, but at least how you’ve given them sufficient notice to terminate at the end of the next term.

Am not at all trying to defend @Screwdriver, but I'm pretty sure that VirMach in practice don't require cancellation at least 30 days in advance, but perhaps someone can confirm or disconfirm this. (If VirMach required cancellation at least 30 days in advance, then I suspect that there would be many "complaints" about this on LET -- compare the case with netcup.)

@angstrom said:

@Clouvider said: Because you failed to give a notice on time, as you ought to with virtually any recurring contract. As was quoted, your cancellation should have been made 30 days BEFORE the end of the term. You made it 2 days before the term. You’re 28 days too late, but at least how you’ve given them sufficient notice to terminate at the end of the next term.

Am not at all trying to defend @Screwdriver, but I'm pretty sure that VirMach in practice don't require cancellation at least 30 days in advance, but perhaps someone can confirm or disconfirm this. (If VirMach required cancellation at least 30 days in advance, then I suspect that there would be many "complaints" about this on LET -- compare the case with netcup.)

That’s in their ToS. He brought it up and was refused refund. There is nothing wrong with Provider’s behaviour.

All I can think of is perhaps they “let it slide” until the moment payment is taken, at which point they enforce the rule.

In any case, nothing wrong with it. Perfectly normal in a contract law for such type of service.

• @Clouvider said:

@angstrom said:

@Clouvider said: Because you failed to give a notice on time, as you ought to with virtually any recurring contract. As was quoted, your cancellation should have been made 30 days BEFORE the end of the term. You made it 2 days before the term. You’re 28 days too late, but at least how you’ve given them sufficient notice to terminate at the end of the next term.

That’s in their ToS. He brought it up and was refused refund. There is nothing wrong with Provider’s behaviour.

All I can think of is perhaps they “let it slide” until the moment payment is taken, at which point they enforce the rule.

In any case, nothing wrong with it. Perfectly normal in a contract law for such type of service.

My take on the matter is more simply that there are no refunds (even if VirMach had accepted the OP's cancellation of his service), but perhaps (you're right and) VirMach suddenly decided to apply their terms more strictly.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@angstrom said:

@Clouvider said:

@angstrom said:

My take on the matter is more simply that there are no refunds (even if VirMach had accepted the OP's cancellation of his service), but perhaps (you're right and) VirMach suddenly decided to apply their terms more strictly.

I agree 100%. I was more talking about legal/contractual basis for their “no refunds” stance.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2019

lol, I come here maybe once or twice a day now, lol a little, shake my head just a little, and move on.

Thanked by 3angstrom eol Clouvider
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited February 2019

That would even mean that in practice you can purchase their servers for 2 months minimum.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ScrewdriverScrewdriver Member
    edited February 2019

@angstrom said:

@Screwdriver said:

@angstrom said:

@Screwdriver said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Feb 12
    Feb 15
    Feb 13

Did you cancel your service before Feb 15 by clicking on the button in the control panel?

Yes....First I contacted them asking the correct way to do this, which I did on the 13th.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Clouvider said:

@Screwdriver said:

@angstrom said:

@Screwdriver said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Feb 12
    Feb 15
    Feb 13

Let’s try again. Courageous @default attempt has motivated me.

Because you failed to give a notice on time, as you ought to with virtually any recurring contract. As was quoted, your cancellation should have been made 30 days BEFORE the end of the term. You made it 2 days before the term. You’re 28 days too late, but at least how you’ve given them sufficient notice to terminate at the end of the next term.

Yaaaaay, yet another provider bashing post on LET that’s absolutely unfounded, over this weekend.

If you're going to go all ToS on his ass, get it right. It's not 30 days, it's 7 days. But still, user was still not within the 7 days and Virmach will still keep your money.

In many countries, this type of billing (keeping money before service period begins) is getting outlawed.

E) Recurring Payments: If Customer signs up for a Service involving recurring payments, Customer is responsible for cancelling Service(s) seven (7) days before the end of the billing term, otherwise an invoice for the next billing term will be generated and due. VirMach automatically captures payments three (3) days before the end of the billing term, but reserves the right to do so as soon as seven (7) days before the end of the billing term. Customer permits VirMach to reattempt to capture payment if the first capture attempt fails. Any late captured payments will not prevent Service termination and you must contact VirMach to have your Services manually re-activated or receive store credit. VirMach will not honor any refunds as a result of Customer’s failure, mistake, disregard, or neglect to cancel their subscription in a timely manner. Thus, it is Customer’s responsibility to send in a cancellation request in a timely manner through VirMach’s automated system by clicking the “cancel” button and completing cancellation. “Cancellation” means that the Service will be fully terminated at the end of the term, and no invoice will be generated for the next term; therefore, please do not request a cancellation in attempt to disable recurring billing.

Thanked by 1uptime

• TimboJones said: In many countries, this type of billing (keeping money before service period begins) is getting outlawed.

There are a lot of hosting business owners (admin) here think they can do whatever they want if they put it in TOS. There is something called consumer protection law. Their TOSs will likely be flown out in court.

My suggestion:
    Refund minus some reasonable and agreeable fee. And everyone is happy.

• My suggestion: potatoes.

Thanked by 1aaraya1516

My suggestion: education.

Thanked by 1aaraya1516
  • Clouvider said: My suggestion: education.

Sure, for owners and consumers.

@greattomeetyou said:

Clouvider said: My suggestion: education.

Sure, for owners and consumers.

Given the direction of this thread I don’t see any issue with the education at provider’s end. School these days leaves kids unprepared for adulthood and that often leads to expensive mistakes.

Basics of law should be taught at school. Period. That way you wouldn’t see similar posts like the one complaining here.

• School is for keeping the masses stupid and to feed them lies/controlled knowledge.