Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hiformance is fighting agains me on Paypal - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hiformance is fighting agains me on Paypal

1235»

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2019

hckhenrique said: The post was originally to show that HiFormance is telling to paypal and everybody that they are right. So they didnt close for any money problem or something like that... they closed planning steal people's money. But at this point I already understand that you people doesnt care about that. You are here to defend them, and now you are trying to find my clients and attack me. So I understand why the world is like that. keep saving the thieves

You are trying to hide YOUR crappy behavior to YOUR CLIENTS behind one of the most crooky hosting providers ever. We have all criticized (in fact, attacked) Hiformance scam (and other scams from LEB) not once or two, but many many times.
    You deny to understand (or you don't want to admit how bad you are also) that criticism to you is not giving a free pass to them. But do you really think your behavior is much different than Hiformance?
    They deadpooled, giving a couple of days for their clients to pack up their data (even if they were really closed servers before the announced day). You were so incompetent that you didn't read their announcement that had being sent to their client's email on 16 of December, a week before your long Christmas vacations (something that you tried to use as an excuse for not monitoring your own servers that host clients in there).
    You are also in a deny to admit that a hosting provider that selling services soo cheap, is always on the edge for deadpool because his services are unsustainable.
    WE ALL CARE for crappy behavior from hosting providers. YOU DONT'T CARE about YOUR clients and you are OK to put them in a crappy server just to make profit OVER 1200%!!!

So, let's make some comparison:

HIFORMANCE'S BAD PRACTICES:

• Selling extremely cheapo services lower than their cost for 3 year plan, something that is sure to be leading to a deadpool.
    • Denying to give refund thru paypal for this cheapo deadpooled service (but they deadpooled, so, probably in their paypal account there are no money).

YOUR BAD PRACTICES:

• Splitting your clients to real ones and not real ones (did you even told those three clients that they are not real ones and that you put all the others to better services like Linode?)
    • Selling hosting to YOUR clients using an unknown not trusted, with no good reviews, with prices that scream "be careful, this cannot be real" hosting provider.
    • Trying to get profit over 1200% (!!!) selling this crappy hosting plan.
    • Deny to monitor the service, deny to have backups for immediate restoration to another server if something goes wrong, deny to have even a disaster plan.
    • Close the doors of your "company" for a whole long week due to... Christmas period, denying to even monitor your services if something goes wrong. Did you inform your clients that if anything happens during Christmas, there will be no support at all from you?
    • Telling lies about the issue from Hiformance that as you said, happened while you were on your long vacations during the week between Christmas and New Year's Eve, when Hiformance announced their deadpool almost 10 days before your vacations.
    • Registering at LET just to whine a bit and, when most of the old members are telling you about your incapability to sell services, you attack us claiming that we... are defending Hiformance.

I was a little bit of sceptical on revealing your company and personal details in this thread, but after your answers, I think that this was the best for potential clients of yours, so, see your business practices and avoid you as an IT guy.
    I really hope this will be a good lesson for you and stop you following such practices to your clients (trying to get enormous profits, hosting them to shitty services, not keeping backups, not having disaster plans, not monitoring 24/7 the services etc.). But I doubt that...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I am reporting jvnadr for virtual rape. lol

Thanked by 4jvnadr netomx eol rsyncs
  • @deank said:
    I am reporting jvnadr for virtual rape. lol

Did it feel good tho?

• @jvnadr said:

hckhenrique said: The post was originally to show that HiFormance is telling to paypal and everybody that they are right. So they didnt close for any money problem or something like that... they closed planning steal people's money. But at this point I already understand that you people doesnt care about that. You are here to defend them, and now you are trying to find my clients and attack me. So I understand why the world is like that. keep saving the thieves

You are trying to hide YOUR crappy behavior to YOUR CLIENTS behind one of the most crooky hosting providers ever. We have all criticized (in fact, attacked) Hiformance scam (and other scams from LEB) not once or two, but many many times.
    You deny to understand (or you don't want to admit how bad you are also) that criticism to you is not giving a free pass to them. But do you really think your behavior is much different than Hiformance?
    They deadpooled, giving a couple of days for their clients to pack up their data (even if they were really closed servers before the announced day). You were so incompetent that you didn't read their announcement that had being sent to their client's email on 16 of December, a week before your long Christmas vacations (something that you tried to use as an excuse for not monitoring your own servers that host clients in there).
    You are also in a deny to admit that a hosting provider that selling services soo cheap, is always on the edge for deadpool because his services are unsustainable.
    WE ALL CARE for crappy behavior from hosting providers. YOU DONT'T CARE about YOUR clients and you are OK to put them in a crappy server just to make profit OVER 1200%!!!

So, let's make some comparison:

HIFORMANCE'S BAD PRACTICES:

• Selling extremely cheapo services lower than their cost for 3 year plan, something that is sure to be leading to a deadpool.
    • Denying to give refund thru paypal for this cheapo deadpooled service (but they deadpooled, so, probably in their paypal account there are no money).

YOUR BAD PRACTICES:

• Splitting your clients to real ones and not real ones (did you even told those three clients that they are not real ones and that you put all the others to better services like Linode?)
    • Selling hosting to YOUR clients using an unknown not trusted, with no good reviews, with prices that scream "be careful, this cannot be real" hosting provider.
    • Trying to get profit over 1200% (!!!) selling this crappy hosting plan.
    • Deny to monitor the service, deny to have backups for immediate restoration to another server if something goes wrong, deny to have even a disaster plan.
    • Close the doors of your "company" for a whole long week due to... Christmas period, denying to even monitor your services if something goes wrong. Did you inform your clients that if anything happens during Christmas, there will be no support at all from you?
    • Telling lies about the issue from Hiformance that as you said, happened while you were on your long vacations during the week between Christmas and New Year's Eve, when Hiformance announced their deadpool almost 10 days before your vacations.
    • Registering at LET just to whine a bit and, when most of the old members are telling you about your incapability to sell services, you attack us claiming that we... are defending Hiformance.

I was a little bit of sceptical on revealing your company and personal details in this thread, but after your answers, I think that this was the best for potential clients of yours, so, see your business practices and avoid you as an IT guy.
    I really hope this will be a good lesson for you and stop you following such practices to your clients (trying to get enormous profits, hosting them to shitty services, not keeping backups, not having disaster plans, not monitoring 24/7 the services etc.). But I doubt that...

Splitting your clients to real ones and not real ones

It was an expression. Maybe it is not used in English ( I dont know ).
    Its like when you buy Iphone XS Max, you get the real factory product.
    When you buy an old model. You dont get the same configuration. I think it was easy to understand and keep fixed to the "real" grammar word is too dumb.

Selling hosting to YOUR clients using an unknown not trusted

My first test buying a VPS here. In Brazil we have shared hosts for about 99 cents.
    Amazon has a free tier for 1 year. So price is something I didnt get so much attention
    since it was Black Friday (we dont have this here, different culture )

Trying to get profit over 1200% (!!!) selling this crappy hosting plan.

My service:

• Advertising to find the client
    • Go visit (in person the client) (about 2 hours)
    • Call the client to get an answer (about 15 minutes)
    • Create the Photoshop layout (about 1 hour )
    • Send by mail to review (about 10 minutes)
    • Read the review and do the design changes (about 1 hour, this repeated many times)
    • Call the client (about 30 minutes)
    • Find the host, upload the files, config the host (about 30 minutes)
    • Create emails (I am using zoho service)
    • Call the client again to tell the website is online, explain about Zoho and the FTP access, wordpress panel (about 1 hour, this last part I usually do in person, so add some hours here)
    • Generate the bill/invoice (it is different here, we have something called Boleto)
    • In the end of the month pay 59% of taxes.

1200% profit you said.. Sorry your math is not good. Once I did the maths, and I dont get any profit, I just lose money. I try to see social media or other services together to get some profit in this process.

Deny to monitor the service, deny to have backups for immediate restoration to another server if something goes wrong, deny to have even a disaster plan.

This product I sell doesnt complains that. Not for this price. I give them FTP access.
    Do you think that is a basic thing? You will not think that if you have to do it for free.

Close the doors of your "company" for a whole long week

• Once again it is a culture thing. For us, its brutal and impossible to think people having Guns or hunting.. that is normal for you. But I understand it is a different culture. We stop workng this dates we call that - Férias coletiva - try to google it to understand it better. Just hospital/food and basic services are opened this time of the year and some big companies.

Telling lies about the issue from Hiformance that as you said, happened while you were on your long vacations during the week between Christmas and New Year's Eve, when Hiformance announced their deadpool almost 10 days before your vacations.

• It is not a lie. I have over 400 clients, I really dont access everyday the Hiformance service to check the -news- I really have other things to do. The first client call started when I was on vacation.

Registering at LET just to whine a bit and, when most of the old members are telling you about your incapability to sell services, you attack us claiming that we... are defending Hiformance.

• This one I agree I went too far. But I was asking for help, if someone got the money back or something and I started having to explain about my clients. They are separated to the process.. The relationship with the clients is between they and I ( like I explained many times I did the right thing - money back, all support, etc -), the process is all about my decision they have nothing to do with you or Hiformance. You can say your are a saint, but in the business, we have to cut costs to make money. That is the basic. Everything around you that you bought, they tried to do their best with lower money they could use to get profit. It is not a bad profit. With that we can pay salaries, we move the economy, things happen... I cant believe a brazilian explaining this for americans (most capitalist country in the world)

Like with Hiformance is between Hiformance and I. This post is to talk to people in the same situation. Asking advices.

You certainly did not come here for advice if your first post in this thread was anything to go by.

You came here to rant and claim that you were 100% faultless.

• @hckhenrique said:
    ---stream of BS---

Dude, everyone here can tell you're making stuff up. Stop, go grab a beer at one of the beautiful brazilian beaches. Pay that with the profits gained from your 400 real clients AND btw, store some of that beer ahead of the next "Férias Colectivas" cause ya know, Brazil shuts down because no one is working and I for one, dont' want you do go dry.

Thanked by 1rsyncs
  • @hckhenrique said:
    My service:

• Read the review and do the design changes (about 1 hour, this repeated many times)
    • Call the client again to tell the website is online, explain about Zoho and the FTP access, wordpress panel (about 1 hour, this last part I usually do in person, so add some hours here)
    • Generate the bill/invoice (it is different here, we have something called Boleto)

My boss paid ~7.500€ here in italy for a website like that, plus 360€/year of hosting.
    Maybe you're just too cheap! :)

• @edfox said:

@hckhenrique said:
    My service:

My boss paid ~7.500€ here in italy for a website like that, plus 360€/year of hosting.

If your boss paid 7500€ for a wordpress template.... he was scammed.
    This guy is not designing and building websites from scratch for $120, it's BS.

• @404error said:

@edfox said:

@hckhenrique said:
    My service:

This guy is not designing and building websites from scratch for $120, it's BS.

I do. Landing pages in Brazil are about 500 reais year (120 dollars). As explained we dont make money with that. It is just to create a relationship with the client.
    Believe me, 100% of everything I said here in this post is true. I dont have any reason to lie, I dont know you people.

@edfox said:

@hckhenrique said:
    My service:

Yeah I ask that for ecommerces...
    Something I learned from this is about Backups. I usually do them in the same machine. Like in Linode I use the linode panel option. In Amazon AWS I copy to a different volume shared between instances.

But it shouldnt work in this case with Hiformance. I should create a cronjob to upload the file to a different server, I never do that. I will start doing this this week.

• @404error said:

Pretty much, but that's what the big agencies charge usually

• amjamj Member

@hckhenrique said:
    And I already got/used for the service I bought?

You already got the service, partially. :smile:

I am also a victim of HiFormance.
    I opened a dispute on PayPal reason of "Item significantly not as described."
    Next day, I escalated the dispute to claim without waiting for HiFormance's remarks.
    PayPal decided full refund for my case.

You bought the service for 3 years, not for few months.
    You got the service for few months.
    It is beyond me why did you select "item not received" instead of "significantly not as described."

• 404error404error Member
    edited January 2019

@edfox said:

@404error said:

Pretty much, but that's what the big agencies charge usually

Big agencies custom design, then built the websites. This guy isn't doing that for $120.

@hckhenrique said:
    I do. Landing pages in Brazil are about 500 reais year (120 dollars). As explained we dont make money with that. It is just to create a relationship with the client.
    Believe me, 100% of everything I said here in this post is true. I dont have any reason to lie, I dont know you people.

No agency at the level you pretend do be, goes after $120 year client for the simple reason that the service they would be providing would cost them more than that in man hours alone.

I don't know why you feel the need to lie, you shouldn't, but you clearly are.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2019

hckhenrique said: My first test buying a VPS here. In Brazil we have shared hosts for about 99 cents. Amazon has a free tier for 1 year. So price is something I didnt get so much attention since it was Black Friday (we dont have this here, different culture )

From the tons of valid offers here, with great reviews in all over the web and with internet presence for many years, you chose an extremely cheapo provider with only bad reviews and only one year of life? It's not a different culture, it is a stupid and cheapo behavior to cut costs. You sold it to your clients without even a small research, so, it's all your fault!

hckhenrique said: 1200% profit you said.. Sorry your math is not good. Once I did the maths, and I dont get any profit, I just lose money. I try to see social media or other services together to get some profit in this process.

Hiformance 3 year vps was sold for $26. You charged $120 for one year each of your clients, so, that's 360 total.. Do the maths mine are correct. All the other services you describe, if included in 120$ price, then, close your business. It is just stupid to provide such customized service for nothing. (On the other hand, this shows that you offered services to non technical people, so, all the FTP bullshit about maintain their own service is just that: bullshit).

hckhenrique said: I do. Landing pages in Brazil are about 500 reais year (120 dollars). As explained we dont make money with that. It is just to create a relationship with the client.

For whatever reason you chose to sell this service in this price to your clients, it is still your responsibility to be online 24/7.
    And, if it is just a landing page, monitoring if it is online with an email alert is free and move in case of a disaster is a matter of 5 minutes from a mobile phone to a backup server. You could buy for example another cheapo service from a similar to hiformance scam or even a free shared hosting, just to have it ready to be online changing IP to a free dns resolver like Cloudflare. All that do have zero cost.
    Not doing that, proves one more time how incapable on doing business are you!

hckhenrique said: This product I sell doesnt complains that. Not for this price. I give them FTP access. Do you think that is a basic thing? You will not think that if you have to do it for free.

Backup or disaster plan in case of a failure that you are responsible, is solely your responsibility, not your clients. Else, why do you bash Hiformance? They did the same thing that you did to your clients. Did they setup their webpages or did you setup those? Did you specifically gave them TOS and AUP for the services you provided to them? Did you tell them that they are responsible for having backups and you don't take any responsibility? And, in any case, any downtime of your service (the hiformance one is your service, since you resold it to other clients) is your responsibility and you should have a plan not letting your customers offline for days.
    So, stop the BS about the prixe, basic, free etc.

hckhenrique said: Once again it is a culture thing. For us, its brutal and impossible to think people having Guns or hunting.. that is normal for you. But I understand it is a different culture. We stop workng this dates we call that - Férias coletiva - try to google it to understand it better. Just hospital/food and basic services are opened this time of the year and some big companies.

First of all, I am not American, I am Greek. We do not have guns, it is illegal in my country except for very special safety occasions (it's very very rare). Also, we do have Christmas and new year day holidays for many days, shops are closed during them, people do have vacations. But services that are supposed to be online or on site are there. In Greece and in Brazil, the same people do work on holidays. Not only doctors and restaurants, but also traffic services, taxi drivers, small shops and groceries, radio and television stations, telephone services, the maintenance departments and phone support in hosting companies etc.
    Did you tell your clients that during holidays, you won't monitoring their services or troubleshoot them even in case of failure? Because, when you sell hosting for $120 per year ($10 per month), you have the obligation for keeping this service even on holidays.
    And all those cultural thing is BS. In all Christian countries, we have almost the same religious festivities and holidays. If you offer service monday to friday, office hours and you don;t care if your services go down during holidays, you should tell that to your clients. If you did so, then, you shouldn't refund them.

hckhenrique said: I have over 400 clients, I really dont access everyday the Hiformance service to check the -news- I really have other things to do. The first client call started when I was on vacation.

That's why there are monitoring services (many of them for free like observium) and disaster plans. That's why you are so incapable on providing services to innocent clients that do not have technical background to understand how amateur you are.

hckhenrique said: You can say your are a saint, but in the business, we have to cut costs to make money. That is the basic. Everything around you that you bought, they tried to do their best with lower money they could use to get profit.

No. Because, if you had right, then, Hiformance did not do anything bad to you. They also tried to cut costs. In reality, the relation between a company and a client is based on agreements and the general law. If you sell a product advertising certain things, then, you have to fulfill them regarding the price. You could be right only if you had a TOS that specifically describes that you are not responsible for any downtime, that you do not monitor services during holidays, that you do not keep any backup and if a failure occurs, then, you are not responsible for that.
    And when you are trying to get ~1200% profit, that is called profiteering regardless you live in Brazil, Greece, Iraq, Japan or Iceland.

TL;DR

In every new responce you post on LET, you are showing us more and more that you are an incapable, unconscious, amateurish and childish "professional". If you continue this way, you will face many more failures and no any hiformance scams will be the cause for your fault...

PS:
    Check the TOS to the Low End Server lineup from @AnthonySmith and Inception Hosting. He specifically says that the service do have no support at all, if the server fails he do not offer any guarantee on when will become live again of for any backups etc. etc. People that buy that, do know the guarantees and limits because of the price. And they chose it.

Thanked by 1eol

U kitten murderer.

Thanked by 2eol mfs
  • @jvnadr said:
    PS:
    Check the TOS to the Low End Server lineup from @AnthonySmith and Inception Hosting. He specifically says that the service do have no support at all, if the server fails he do not offer any guarantee on when will become live again of for any backups etc. etc. People that buy that, do know the guarantees and limits because of the price. And they chose it.

And they're still so arrogant as to create tickets, threaten/chargeback/etc. Just ask him; I'm sure LES is three hundred times the treat that general LE is.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited January 2019

hckhenrique said: That is why I told you guys that I gave the money back (about $120 one year)

I might be reading this wrong, but is that 1 year for each client or total? Even if not, you bought 3 years worth of hosting for $26 and resold that to a customer for $120/yr?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2019

We still have a rule that prevents hosts from offering billing cycles longer than a year. It's just that HiFormance only had offers on LEB instead of on LET so our rules didn't really apply...

• Gotta say, so many are focused on how much the OP billed his clients for the hosting, I think that's totally moot.
    I only mentioned that myself cause it shows that at least parts of his story are a lie, but it really shouldn't have any sway in regards to what happened.

• @JohnMiller92 said:

hckhenrique said: That is why I told you guys that I gave the money back (about $120 one year)

I might be reading this wrong, but is that 1 year for each client or total? Even if not, you bought 3 years worth of hosting for $26 and resold that to a customer for $120/yr?

That is what it sounded like to me as well.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @404error said:
    Gotta say, so many are focused on how much the OP billed his clients for the hosting, I think that's totally moot.
    I only mentioned that myself cause it shows that at least parts of his story are a lie, but it really shouldn't have any sway in regards to what happened.

HiFormance is already dead, I want fresh meat.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @doghouch said:
    We still have a rule that prevents hosts from offering billing cycles longer than a year. It's just that HiFormance only had offers on LEB instead of on LET so our rules didn't really apply...

I paid for 3 VPS for 3 years.

PayPal said its been over 180 days so any buyer protection has expired.

There is one I bought later on and requested $30 out of $36 ($1/mo for 6 months). Even that HiFormance is disputing and not letting it go through.

They are really something. I'd complain to the FTC but they are shut down thanks to political antics.

That's what happens if you go too low.

Thanked by 2eol doghouch