Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hiformance is fighting agains me on Paypal - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hiformance is fighting agains me on Paypal

Comments

• deluxedeluxe Member
    edited January 2019

@tcp6 said:
    Objection!!!

Dismissed :lol:

How does that even qualify for theft to begin with?

The only shady part is me doing a chargeback and refusing all forms of communication with the man in the middle aka PayPal.

Then again how does that even qualify as theft?

You used the services of PP to make payment to the seller, then defrauded the money from PP, who was selling you a service (money transference) for a fee.

Well, I suppose we can split hairs and say it's fraud and not theft, so that makes you a fraudster instead of a thief.

This is sweet revenge with intent of serving justice.

And of course you're the judge and executioner society bestowed justice upon, right? Justifications dude, justifications.

This is no different than me buying a brand new shiny Apple iPhone with a 12 months warranty, damaging it internally as we’ve ran over 11 months of it’s warranty and returning it faulty to Apple only to get it replaced with an identical new unit and the warranty extended for a extra 90 days for free.

That's right, that's fraud too.

I don't do that because I don't like defrauding others. You do that because you find it right within your moral code.

What does this mean? The action itself is fraud - there's no gray area here. From there on, we just have different values. What I'm saying is that you should be proud of being a thief if that's aligned with your values and not try to justify your theft.

How is this theft? I am merely using consumer protection laws to my advantage.

What part of "consumer protection" law is interpreted as "fraud is ok" by the courts?

How am I a thief to you is beyond comprehension.

I see that, yes.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • tcp6tcp6 Member
    edited January 2019

Okay we can agree to disagree then.

My morals are telling my inner self I am using the law to my advantage in order to “get even” with those greedy crapulous corporations.

I will gladly accept that you refer to me as a fraudster or a fraudulent individual. Not as a thief or a criminal though.

Case settled rather than closed.

• @tcp6 said:

My morals are telling my inner self I am using the law to my advantage in order to “get even” with those greedy crapulous corporations.

I will gladly accept that you refer to me as a fraudster or a fraudulent individual. Not as a thief or a criminal though.

That is fraud. Literally the definition of it.
    I do not understand how this is eluding you.

Fraud is a criminal offense, you are a criminal. Simple.

Thanked by 2netomx maverickp
  • tcp6tcp6 Member
    edited January 2019

@Skander said:

@tcp6 said:

That is fraud. Literally the definition of it.
    I do not understand how this is eluding you.

Fraud is a criminal offense, you are a criminal. Simple.

Okay then let’s reverse the things here and get back on track with the next example, shall we?

This is the year 2021, HiFormance owners are back in the scamming business under a new identity and everything is going well for them until fictious forum user named RandomDude spots them, walks over to the DC they operate their new scamming malpractices off and manages to walk away with half the hardware they operate their new scamming operations on.

Who’s the thief here? Is it RandomDude or is it HiFormance?

Who will you stand with in the aforementioned scenario?

Has justice been served to you?

PS: This scenario works well with Joshua Prout as well, it’s not just HiFormance.

• edfoxedfox Member
    edited January 2019

@tcp6 said:
    This is not theft

It's fraud.

This is no different than me buying a brand new shiny Apple iPhone with a 12 months warranty, damaging it internally as we’ve ran over 11 months of it’s warranty and returning it faulty to Apple only to get it replaced with an identical new unit and the warranty extended for a extra 90 days for free.

How is this theft? I am merely using consumer protection laws to my advantage.

You're doing a fraud, since from the Apple terms:

Apple [...] warrants the Apple-branded iPhone [...] against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with Apple's published guidelines for a period of ONE (1) YEAR [...] Apple’s published guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and service communications.

1. The warranty covers defects from the manufacturer, not the ones caused by you
    2. You've not used the product normally (the manual explicitly says it's forbidden to open the device if not authorized and also which rules to follow to not damage the device).

You're not taking advantage of a "flawed" system, you're just a moron.

Thanked by 2TimboJones maverickp
  • @tcp6 said:

Okay then let’s reverse the things here and get back on track with the next example, shall we?

This is the year 2021, HiFormance owners are back in the scamming business under a new identity and everything is going well for them until fictious forum user named RandomDude spots them, walks over to the DC they operate their new scamming malpractices off and manages to walk away with half the hardware they operate their new scamming operations on.

Who’s the thief here? Is it RandomDude or is it HiFormance?

This is the year 2019 instead, and the "Eye for an eye" rule has already been deprecated a couple thousands of years ago.

Thanked by 1eol
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

When is enough is enough? When do you stop talking? Being such a bad ass (dumb ass) to random people on a forum cool? Yes I don't want a admitted fraudster here. He is in the same boat as Mr. Prout! Enjoy the holiday!

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@hckhenrique So you didn't refund your clients? So you made money off this and trying to get the orginal money invested in it. You don't deserve the refund in my book. It is the cost of doing business. Anyways good luck on the matter.

• neither fish nor fowl ... nor thief, nor troll?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Just because you got scammed, it doesn't mean you should scam others to recover.

Geez, it looks like a scam host attracted a bunch of potential scammers.

• @deank said:
    Just because you got scammed, it doesn't mean you should scam others to recover.

Geez, it looks like a scam host attracted a bunch of potential scammers.

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    @hckhenrique So you didn't refund your clients? So you made money off this and trying to get the orginal money invested in it. You don't deserve the refund in my book. It is the cost of doing business. Anyways good luck on the matter.

@hckhenrique claimed already to have refunded his clients here:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2930963/#Comment_2930963

edited January 2019

Was meant at tcp6 more than OP actually.

I didn't like the dude when he cried foul for missing out a BF deal and eventually got the deal. BF is, what, 3 months past?

• @deank yeah i see

• eoleol Member

@edfox said:
    This is the year 2019 instead, and the "Eye for an eye" rule has already been deprecated a couple thousands of years ago.

I agree.
    Everything will come back at some point.

• These "angel" people throwing stones as if they're saints. 😂😂 gtfo.

• An opportunity to remind about the importance of backups.

Thanked by 2eol rsyncs
  • eoleol Member

@SteveMC said:
    An opportunity to remind about the importance of backups.

Also don't forget the backups of backups and the backups of backups of backups.

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • karjaj said: spute a

@PieNotEvenEaten said:

I did it... I posted an answer before. I gave all the money back and I offered them 1 year of free service. They knew where it was hosted and I have them ftp access.

But reading the comments I just see people saying that I am the wrong here. How could I know that they would steal my money and close the server?

You all say that know we shouldnt host a client simple website on it. Why? Isnt that the wrong part? Did you know these clients asked for a cheap host? Also, why cheap host needs to be understanding as it will close after 3 weeks? how can I still be the wrong here for 100% of your comments? Why this website where we are right now exists? if for all of you is reasonable we lose 3 weeks after we buy a 3 years service if we buy something from here?

I really dont know... your comments make me sad.

So ok, I was wrong and I am the vilan. Hiformance was totally right and you guys are amazing!

edited January 2019

@hckhenrique said:
    But reading the comments I just see people saying that I am the wrong here. How could I know that they would steal my money and close the server?

In part, the fault still lies on you. You were the one responsible for everything including backup in case of fuckup as well as your choice to use that host that bailed on you, the host that had several warning signs all over.

You basically cheaped out too much and it backfired. Don't learn from this.

• eoleol Member

@hckhenrique said:
    I did it... I posted an answer before. I gave all the money back and I offered them 1 year of free service. They knew where it was hosted and I have them ftp access.

You all say that know we shouldnt host a client simple website on it. Why? Isnt that the wrong part? Did you know these clients asked for a cheap host? Also, why cheap host needs to be understanding as it will close after 3 weeks? how can I still be the wrong here for 100% of your comments? Why this website where we are right now exists? if for all of you is reasonable we lose 3 weeks after we buy a 3 years service if we buy something from here?

I really dont know... your comments make me sad.

So ok, I was wrong and I am the vilan. Hiformance was totally right and you guys are amazing!

Seriously?

• hckhenrique said: But reading the comments I just see people saying that I am the wrong here. How could I know that they would steal my money and close the server? Did you know these clients asked for a cheap host? Also, why cheap host needs to be understanding as it will close after 3 weeks? how can I still be the wrong here for 100% of your comments? Why this website where we are right now exists? if for all of you is reasonable we lose 3 weeks after we buy a 3 years service if we buy something from here?

Being hiformance a scam company, does not rely you from your responsibilities. YOU were the one chose to host CLIENTS on an EXTREMELY cheapo service. YOU chose to go with a company WITHOUT any background or reputation, because you just saw an online ad on a random forum (LEB) that already has crappy reputation over the last years because of promoting mostly crappy hosts. YOU put there clients for profit without even taking constant backup and having a disaster plan.

It;s 100% of your fault about your business and your clients. 100%!

Please, could you tell us some details?

• How much did you pay for the 3 year plan?
    • How much did you charged your clients per month and how many clients did you put in there?
    • Did they ask specifically for a sooooo cheap hosting or did they just ask for a low price and you chose this route?
    • As you took money from clients, this is a business. Do you have any disaster plans keeping your clients online (a full responsibility of yours) or "business" for you is buying a $30/3y hosting service and resell it to not tech guys letting them walk in the edge?
    Thanked by 1MikePT

He paid 26, I believe.

26 for 3 years. That should have rang the alarm.

Thanked by 3eol jaypeesmith sin
  • @jvnadr said:

hckhenrique said: But reading the comments I just see people saying that I am the wrong here. How could I know that they would steal my money and close the server? Did you know these clients asked for a cheap host? Also, why cheap host needs to be understanding as it will close after 3 weeks? how can I still be the wrong here for 100% of your comments? Why this website where we are right now exists? if for all of you is reasonable we lose 3 weeks after we buy a 3 years service if we buy something from here?

Being hiformance a scam company, does not rely you from your responsibilities. YOU were the one chose to host CLIENTS on an EXTREMELY cheapo service. YOU chose to go with a company WITHOUT any background or reputation, because you just saw an online ad on a random forum (LEB) that already has crappy reputation over the last years because of promoting mostly crappy hosts. YOU put there clients for profit without even taking constant backup and having a disaster plan.

It;s 100% of your fault about your business and your clients. 100%!

Please, could you tell us some details?

• How much did you pay for the 3 year plan?
    • How much did you charged your clients per month and how many clients did you put in there?
    • Did they ask specifically for a sooooo cheap hosting or did they just ask for a low price and you chose this route?
    • As you took money from clients, this is a business. Do you have any disaster plans keeping your clients online (a full responsibility of yours) or "business" for you is buying a $30/3y hosting service and resell it to not tech guys letting them walk in the edge?

In Brazil we get vacations from christmas to new year. We call that collective vacations.
    So I wasnt here when they put the server off.

They were 3 clients. One didnt care that much. Other post a bad review on my office fanpage on Facebook. The third one got pretty bad.

The backup itself is not a big deal. They were all wordpress themes. And we could easily replace the data. They were angry about the website to be offline.

Since they bought the service from me, I know my responsibilities... That is why I told you guys that I gave the money back (about $120 one year) and I promised them give a free service for another new year. (my idea was moving them to my Linode instances, where I keep my real clients [ e-commerces, erps, cms, etc... ]), but one of them (the facebook review guy) didn't like the idea.

I know better than anyone, my clients bought the idea to have their websites online. And I didnt give that to them, so it is my fault, as you know I am paying the price.

But that doesnt give any GOOD REASON for Hiformance delete the server after 3 weeks that is how you people are making that look.

Not sure about your country, but here when you go to buy a product or a service and you see... Oh, its this hardware. its this ram memory, this harddisk, this network connection,
    it is for 3 years, they are giving me a 100mb file to check the speed. We have a deal,
    we should receive that. The server could be horrible in speed, that is not a big deal
    all these 3 websites together doesnt get 10 visits/day, the problem was... They be offline.

So can you people stop saying how wrong I am, and give Hiformance a little bit of guilty on this?

Ps. sorry any english mistake, I didnt re-read that, so good chances I wrote wrong words.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • eoleol Member

Stop crying.
    Move on.

No hope, I see.

Thanked by 2mfs rsyncs
  • SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited January 2019

Yes move on. This is a misadventure, but it happens. Learn from "your" mistakes, learn from the mistake made by "others", use this to enhance your business / service. As for bad reviews, this happens too, some might be legitimate, other not. Just move forward, try your best.

Thanked by 1eol
  • hckhenrique said: about $120 one year

So 360 * 3 clients= 1080$ vs 26$/3y and you can't afford backup solution or at least a reputable provider (like linode as you have one). What a deal.

Thanked by 1rsyncs
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2019

hckhenrique said: we could easily replace the data. They were angry about the website to be offline

hckhenrique said: I gave the money back (about $120 one year)

hckhenrique said: my idea was moving them to my Linode instances, where I keep my real clients

hckhenrique said: all these 3 websites together doesnt get 10 visits/day, the problem was... They be offline

hckhenrique said: Not sure about your country, but here when you go to buy a product or a service and you see... Oh, its this hardware. its this ram memory, this harddisk, this network connection

So, here's what happened:

• one of 3 fake (?) clients (fake is used in opposite to the real ones that are hosted in Linode instead of Hiformance!!!) is outraged because his 10 visits per day wordpress site that costed him ~$40 per year did experience some downtime.
    • The IT guy (you) that has a powerful infrastructure in Linode with e-commerce sites and other cms, brought the $30/3y service to gain 1200% profit from 3 clients that could easily host them in his current infrastructure (3 WP sites with 10 visits/day don't add any load)
    • Our IT guy was sure that HiFormance is a valid company, because he saw in a random forum like LEB an ad with certain amount of RAM, disk and traffic. He didn't bother to check the integrity of the hosting company because in his country (Brazil? Really?) when an ad on a forum posted by an unknown company promises something, it is valid! Despite all the reviews on LET and other forums around the web do shame them for months now.
    • He did face some horrible speed, but this didn't even alert ring bells to him because he didn't mind about the speed...
    • The IT guy did not bother to keep backups because the recreation of the websites was easy, but he also didn't notice the downtime of the sites because he was on long vacations without having someone monitoring the service that his clients expected to be online 24/7 and not Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
    • Those clients was not set in a real infrastructure because they were not his real clients, but when all the sites disappeared, the bad reviews to our IT guy were all real in FB and social networks! Surprise!!!

We are not defending Hiformance here. We all know how bad they are (were). We are criticizing "providers" like you: really incapable, ignorant, cheapo, amateurish and childish.

edited January 2019

Plz, u r raping him. Show him some mercy.