Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH.ca Limited Edition i3 @ 3.4Ghz 8GB Ram 2 TB Sata2 $29/mo - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH.ca Limited Edition i3 @ 3.4Ghz 8GB Ram 2 TB Sata2 $29/mo

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Mine came with a /64 of IPv6.

• @jarland said:
    Mine came with a /64 of IPv6.

That's funny that's what _rm said.. I know the server I have at ovh.ie comes with /64 of ipv6 but the ovh.ca mentioned /128 of ipv6? have you tried using more than 1 ipv6?

@earl said:
    That's funny that's what _rm said.. I know the server I have at ovh.ie comes with /64 of ipv6 but the ovh.ca mentioned /128 of ipv6? have you tried using more than 1 ipv6?

Just spun up a couple addresses, one of which being the last in the subnet. Both pinged externally :)

Thanked by 1earl
  • That's good to know then, so rm_ was right!

it's odd that even the sales guy does not know!

Even the details page for the offer states /128. I certainly won't complain though. I've got enough ipv6 here to feed the world, if only they were edible.

Thanked by 2earl vedran
  • earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@jarland said:
    Even the details page for the offer states /128. I certainly won't complain though. I've got enough ipv6 here to feed the world, if only they were edible.

Haha yeah "if only" so is it a keeper?

I'm really liking the X2 server I got from volumedrive.. wish they get ipv6 rolling soon cause I need more IP's.. just pimped out the server a little with some one time upgrades, lol. Got 3 drives in there now so I'm playing around with raid.. wanted to upgrade the ram but cause there is only 2 slots on the board the memory is kinda expensive.

Considering OVH is sold out, if anyone is interested the $19 Athlon x2 from volumedrive seems to be back in stock, and a few others but they are not as good a deal as the blowout sale they had..

http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=dedicated

I think it's a keeper. OVH control panel is such a beastly thing to have. It's nice to not have to bother someone for a KVM when you screw something up.

• earl said: volumedrive

haha, looks cheap.

• @jarland said:
    I think it's a keeper. OVH control panel is such a beastly thing to have. It's nice to not have to bother someone for a KVM when you screw something up.

True, they do have a really nice panel..

I'm not sure if they have manager v5 or v3 at ovh.ca cause in ovh.ie I prefer using managerv3..

Hey, did you use those lantronics KVM? it's pretty awesome! wish I could buy one of those for my house, but it's too pricy.

• @neqste said:
    haha, looks cheap.

I think you are right! :) it's probably the cheapest but most usable server right now! much better than those atoms!

Volumedrive, their network was pretty rotten when I first signed up, but it's really improved.. network was probably congested due to all the folks who bought the blowout deal setting up their servers..

CPU model : AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 245 Processor Number of cores : 2 CPU frequency : 2913.296 MHz Total amount of ram : 3885 MB Total amount of swap : 4095 MB System uptime : 1 day, 22:59, Download speed from CacheFly: 11.2MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 5.87MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 5.14MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.84MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 3.64MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 3.35MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.69MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 4.28MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 3.09MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 8.16MB/s I/O speed : 131 MB/s

• I have just ordered one, waiting for payment validation now

• Server has been delivered 10 minutes ago, that was fast

• Back in stock if anyone else needs one..

• Very tempting, that's a great price and I've been wanting a server in BHS for some time now but the limit of 1 IP is pretty crappy, I hate doing NAT+Proxmox.

• @nunim said:
    Very tempting, that's a great price and I've been wanting a server in BHS for some time now but the limit of 1 IP is pretty crappy, I hate doing NAT+Proxmox.

Yup! same reason why I'm not buying one.. but @jarland did confirm that you get /64 of ipv6 instead of just the 1 ipv6 mentioned in the ad. so if you can use ipv6, the server might still be useful.

• Ordered one 3 hours ago. Still haven't received it.

OH MY GOSH SCAM!

• @NateN34 said:
    Ordered one 3 hours ago. Still haven't received it.

OH MY GOSH SCAM!

Did you check your spam box?

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited October 2013

earl said: Did you check your spam box?

Just got mine now. Payed with PayPal and had to wait for payment verification and account creation. Usually takes ~3 days from what everyone else is saying too.

Seems pretty nice. Has decent IO and a 30 day old hard drive. That's the thing about OVH I like; I always seem to get new drives and not some 3-4 year old trashed one.

Thanked by 1earl
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I have a question, what does everyone see in their ManagerV5 with regard to bandwidth?

Mine on the BHS Atom special is

Does anyone actually have a correctly working b/w counter and an overall total of 5TB displayed there?

• Do i have to be from Canada to order from ovh.ca?

• @earl said:

With Gigabyte it depends on the model (or level) of the board, had some decent low and high end boards also had a few duds!

• @rm_ said:
    I have a question, what does everyone see in their ManagerV5 with regard to bandwidth?

Does anyone actually have a correctly working b/w counter and an overall total of 5TB displayed there?

As far as I'm aware their BW counter not only doesn't always work, but they don't enforce it.

Also, mine is the same as yours.

• @rm_ said:

So they offered Atoms at the BHS location?

The bandwidth thing is funny.. when I signed at ovh.ie it was unmetered 100Mbps port then couple months down the line they changed it to 5TB, don't even think they sent me an email about the change.

• @Abdessamad said:
    Do i have to be from Canada to order from ovh.ca?

Nope! if you read around couple folks from different parts of he world got a dedi with ovh.ca

• @wych said:
    With Gigabyte it depends on the model (or level) of the board, had some decent low and high end boards also had a few duds!

For sure.. defects happens but I just notice I have better luck with Gigabyte board then I have with Asus..

• @earl i asked about that because ovh has this rule at many websites, so i don't want to start with them and after that can't renew

• @Abdessamad said:
    earl i asked about that because ovh has this rule at many websites, so i don't want to start with them and after that can't renew

yeah definetly.. if you read this thread there was a few folks who called and was assured that international orders are fine, but being OVH that could change anytime on their whim..lol

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

earl said: So they offered Atoms at the BHS location?

Yes they did last year. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/6670/ovh-canada-ks4g-yearly-deal-119-00/p1

Thanked by 1earl
  • Ohh yeah.. i remember that now, did not realize it was in BHS.

So it includes 4 ipv4? It's a pretty good deal..

• anyone try getting proxmox webgui to be stricly on ipv6 only?