Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW! - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@MikePT said:

@Francisco said:

@MikePT said:

@tetech said:
    I opened a PayPal case, in which I requested a pro-rated refund for the remaining months on a 1-year plan. Today I got a message saying it was decided in my favor. It was opened within 180 days.

Full refund I guess? Or did they pro-rate as you requested?

Thing is, was HIF around much more than 6 months in the first place?

PayPal's going to take these guys to court for straight up fraud if the refund requests start going into the thousands.

Francisco

Yep. Paypal is probably eating the costs themselves. Which isnt good...

To a point.

They'll only go so far before they start denying it and try to find the owners.

Francisco

Honestly it would be damn good to see that happening. Except we wont. Sadly heh.

I believe in karma though.

Thanked by 2eol Shazan
  • MikePT said: Full refund I guess? Or did they pro-rate as you requested?

They refunded the pro-rated amount that I requested. I rounded up a bit, and no questions asked about that, so maybe if I had asked for more I might have got it.

Overall I'm OK with it, I did receive a few months of crappy service which I don't mind paying a few $ for.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:
    I believe in karma though.

Karma is real.

Thanked by 3MikePT tcp6 Shazan
  • Hiformance just offered me a partial refund on Paypal. Only $15 out of $30 but going accept because that's better than nothing. Had prepaid for three years of service. Know not to make that mistake again!

• What's the next potential scam sponsored by Colocrossing?

I'm betting n3servers.com.

I have been following this puppet company since August first I noticed the discount. Their prices keeps getting much cheaper by the month. For 4 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 4GB SWAP, 10TB traffic, 1Gbps up, 150GB HDD, the annual plan price keeps getting cheaper from $69 per year down to $19 for black Friday and even now $21, that much cheaper just by few months. It's like Venezuela but backward!

They keep changing their TOS regarding refund.
    They never reply ticket for refund question, and despite their offer for 4 CPU they keep killing all process run longer than 90 seconds and it's practically impossible for customers to use 4 CPU. Don't mention the Out of Memory errors because of overselling.
    This lowendbox and Colocrossing sponsored scam basically sells you plan of server resource without providing the resource.
    Where I live they would lose their business licence so fast!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

jamuja said: For 4 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 4GB SWAP, 10TB traffic, 1Gbps up, 150GB HDD, the annual plan price keeps getting cheaper from $69 per year down to $19 for black Friday and even now $21, that much cheaper just by few months. It's like Venezuela but backward!

That's an absolute mountain of resources for the price. What CPU is that? An E3 or an E5?

Francisco

• As I said earlier, ColoCrossing should really step in and do some quality control on their customers, especially those they endorse themselves on LEB.

It has gotten so bad that any time I see a provider using any of the ColoCrossing locations, I run like hell.

I would never advise anyone to host anything even remotely mission-critical with ColoCrossing or any of their customers.

And the worst part: They have brought it on themselves.

• I got a refund from PayPal for my servers I bought in November. The servers that I ordered in June are not refunded but I really don’t care about that since they were cheap and apparently they are still running.

Because they are so cheap I have multiple servers with different providers and in different countries. HiFormance was the only one where I took 3 years, with all others I normally do 3 – 6 months.

I’m always using PayPal for my online shopping for the soul purpose of getting refunded if necessary and never had a problem with a refund. It’s in the best interest of PayPal to help their clients and make sure funny webshops or provider are not able to use their services.

• I'm still awaiting my refund. I actually bought from them last BF, and had a good year of performance out of them! I just renewed, so well within the 180 days. My server's actually still running fine for the moment but of course I can't manage it at all, other than Vesta or SSH.

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

While Paypal may eat the cost, the account was opened in someones name with someones SSN. Paypal will file this against the account owner's credit.

• I'm out, my shit is gone... just doing inventory of my VPS now--this one was on the back burner. But still out the $$$$. What is really shitty is the LEB removed ALL HISTORY on this front of their 1000's fake companies. Why can't they just have one decent services...

• The problem is not necessarily their "services".
    The main problem are the people not doing the necessary research and paying/support them.
    Without people using their "services" how long will they be in business?

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • I had received an email from Paypal that will be fully refund for 26.98usd for my dispute case which bought on Sept 2018. :smiley:

• ..and hide your inodes cuz they unlinkin' everyone up in here!

Thanked by 3dahartigan eol tcp6
  • I got my refund yay! It's still running, so I can do a backup, not that I'd trust that machine for anything else at the moment...

Thanked by 1eol
  • I got my redund today as well. Case still says awaiting sellers response, but got the refund.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • I'm glad to hear you guys are getting refunds :) Hopefully something happens where PayPal will refund the ones who missed out also.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • I don't think there is much luck for those past the 180 days deadline, unfortunately.

• PayPal refused my refund today. I was 2 months into a 36 month deal. They said: because if an item is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described.

I consider it to be 34 months dissimilar!

Furious.

Thing is, the value isn’t worth damaging my own credit score over... I’m just angry the owner is getting away with it.

• @njt1982: You could try calling PayPal and explaining your situation.

• eoleol Member

Class action law suit.

Thanked by 2tcp6 Chuck
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@eol said:
    Class action law suit.

Blood from a stone.

Francisco

Thanked by 4eol tcp6 Chuck netomx
  • @Francisco OT: Why don’t you have nodes in Hong Kong btw? I’d love to get a cheap slice from you but your current locations suck ass tbh.

• Looks like the NY node has finally gone offline. RIP. It served me well mining crypto since they deadpooled lol.
    Paid for the remainder of its life.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • This was a well planned, calculated and programmed fraud. No claim of innocence should be acknowledged in my opinion.

• @projectadmin said:
    This was a well planned, calculated and programmed fraud. No claim of innocence should be acknowledged in my opinion.

Quoted for fucking truth and fucking accuracy.

Thanked by 3eol Chuck netomx
  • njt1982 said: PayPal refused my refund today. I was 2 months into a 36 month deal. They said: because if an item is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described.

What subcategory did you choose for the reason? Mine (approved) was "Incomplete".

• @projectadmin said:
    This was a well planned, calculated and programmed fraud. No claim of innocence should be acknowledged in my opinion.

I did post a warning on October 2018 but some people still jumped on hiformance's holiday shit sale.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/152776/hiformance-shit-can-lowendtalk-admin-step-in/p1

Thanked by 2eol projectadmin
  • Did anyone notice that http://hiformance.com is hosted at GoDaddy now? It resolves to 160.153.72.37 which is a GoDaddy IP. wat

jamuja said: What's the next potential scam sponsored by Colocrossing?

I'm betting n3servers.com.

Maybe HostedSimply as well, their prices seem unusually cheap: https://lowendbox.com/blog/hostedsimply-4gb-ram-ssd-cached-vps-w-120gb-hdd-for-25-yr-in-los-angeles-new-york/.

My favourite is when LEB says "Their WHOIS is public" but the address is some person's apartment, or a PO box.

Thanked by 3eol Chuck netomx