Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW! - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Skander said:

@Gerrit said:

@mfs said:

Francisco said: There's "Matt", and then there's someone I've yet to get the name of, but supposedly owns "Dedidirect"

I don't know about Matt, I've noticed "Dedidirect" in hiformance's NS history and luckily for us it seems he's here! @DediDirect
    They registered in Wyoming as well, just the "Costas" contact doesn't match "Nguyen" but probably there are tens of people working around these brands! Sadly I've been unable to locate dedidirect's business on opencorporates and wyobiz.wy.gov, the "Admin Street" address is a generic "Suite" used in multiple registrations. I did already cross their site, it seemed to me mostly an unfinished template + a (genuinely licensed) WHMCS. Their posting history on LET doesn't seem too compelling tbqh. I wonder if that's the "experienced guy" our @CVPS_Chris was talking about

EDIT: yep! So, @DediDirect is one of the main owners I guess

EDIT2: I hope you hard working LEB guys will restore those pages that somehow hit a 404 ASAP! Streisand's effect is rather unpleasant, you know

Seems "John Nguyen" is an alias and it's Matt who's behind HiFormance.
    When you do a search on "PO Box 3190 San Leandro, CA 94578" you will also find "UplinkVPS.com" and if you take a close look you will see a "Matt Palmer", guess who always replied with "Matt P" at HiFormance ?

You cant tell me it's a coincidence.

Found him. https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-palmer-b0aa90103

Matthew Palmer, Google has him listed under Hiformance Founder in LinkedIN (now dead as Hiformance LinkedIN is gone).

His current LinkedIN shows "ShellServers Founder".

[Matthew Palmer
    Founder at ShellServers
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Information Technology and Services]

Visiting ShellServers.net we find... a sloppy under construction page with a link to "Unity Streams" and... HIFORMANCE.

The other service, shellservers, lists "Duck Lee Seoung" as the owner (maybe another alias? or is matthew the alias?)

I'm tempted to contact "GlobalFrag" and try to get an identity.

If anyone wants to sue, you now know your guy :)

No one is going to sue them over a few dollars.

Also, dont contact GlobalFrag. Dont push things that far. Its not worth it.

• Just in time for scammy lowendbox Christmas sale.

Hint: look for any company that use Colocrossing and discounts more than annual plans

Thanked by 3tcp6 dahartigan eol
  • Iirc not even wuuthusting use CC

• @dahartigan said:
    Iirc not even wuuthusting use CC

You were an avid supporter of them, what happened?

• @bugrakoc said:

@dahartigan said:

I was late for a few of their shill meetings and they booted me. Sad story really.

• @dahartigan said:

@bugrakoc said:

@dahartigan said:

I was late for a few of their shill meetings and they booted me. Sad story really.

Have a thanks.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

the removed HiFormance haha

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited December 2018

@netomx said:

the removed HiFormance haha

ShillServers.net.

Wouldnt be too surprised if they ended up on LEB quite soon.

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • I thought the Hiformance site was pretty nice - was it really worth all that trouble just to steal a few dollars? How much could he have made?

The Delimiter business plan is way better - they have the same site, they just take you server offline without an explanation but stay in business. I assume they just re-sell what they already sold someone else.

• Delimiter is king of scams :-) My server was offline for 3 months, and after not receiving any communication from them - I opened a PP dispute, and they closed my account immediately.

They are on a whole different level of scam :-)

Thanked by 2netomx eol
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Delimiter selectively screwed a certain portion of customers for cash flow.

Hifoly is simply closing the shop to screw everyone.

Delimiter is a more skilled scammer.

• It is good to keep a backup copy of website data elsewhere.

• @bountysite said:
    It is good to keep a backup copy of website data elsewhere.

You should always do this.

• I only used my PBX there and its been pretty decent. I never got a notification of this. Would've never known about it if it wasnt coming here to check for Holiday deals haha. My VPS is still running though.

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2018

• @HuntersPad said:
    I only used my PBX there and its been pretty decent. I never got a notification of this. Would've never known about it if it wasnt coming here to check for Holiday deals haha. My VPS is still running though.

I was expecting something along the lines of "I'm going to move my PBX ASAP".

• Not a big deal for me as its not important. More annoying just setting it back up.

• Not just gifs, show us some Christmas deals!!

• @sanvit said:
    Not just gifs, show us some Christmas deals!!

Sound pretty entitled there. Good luck with your Christmas spirit.

Thanked by 3eol tetech HostDoc
  • Check back in a few hours for upcoming announcement

gonna be reborn?

• @h2o said:
    Check back in a few hours for upcoming announcement

gonna be reborn?

no, of course not. It's the message shown at the HiFormance website.
    If it was going to be re-launched, Matthew would have said that instead of Check back in a few hours for upcoming announcement. If he woudl have been a responsible person, he would have notified his customers as well.

Instead; customers aren't even able to send him an e-mail cause it's declined by the server (Mail-Delivery Error). However he did seem to been able to check his PayPal address where he also took the opportunity to defend himself with at least my PayPal claim. (to be continued on that).

To those who are a victim of Matt a.k.a. HiFormance (as well any other company he ran), report it at https://www.econsumer.gov/en/ as well the payment providers he used (including his old as well new companies).

• A company in its infancy in a cut throat industry decides they are going to beat the odds and survive three years at least. They bet on that so hard that they offer an unsustainable price for a 3 year period, and fail miserably.

Blind Freddy could have seen that coming.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dahartigan said:
    A company in its infancy in a cut throat industry decides they are going to beat the odds and survive three years at least. They bet on that so hard that they offer an unsustainable price for a 3 year period, and fail miserably.

Propped up by their vendors for purely selfish reasons.

God bless.

Francisco

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited December 2018

@Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:
    A company in its infancy in a cut throat industry decides they are going to beat the odds and survive three years at least. They bet on that so hard that they offer an unsustainable price for a 3 year period, and fail miserably.

God bless.

Francisco

And then heavily promoted by said vendor too. I wonder if that makes CC somehow legally liable or accountable in this mess since they basically vouch for them on the LEB page with selective reviews being allowed through..

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2018

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:

God bless.

Francisco

And then heavily promoted by said vendor too. I wonder if that makes CC somehow legally liable or accountable in this mess since they basically vouch for them on the LEB page with selective reviews being allowed through..

I don’t know what people were expecting considering the first five hosts on LEB are ColoCrossing resellers. They’re either in New York, Dallas, or LA (duh.).

That said, the first five bring us to the ColoCrossing “Christmas Deals” post on LEB lol

• @doghouch said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:

God bless.

Francisco

I don’t know what people were expecting considering the first five hosts on LEB are ColoCrossing resellers. They’re either in New York, Dallas, or LA (duh.).

That said, the first five bring us to the ColoCrossing “Christmas Deals” post on LEB lol

Lol yeah, it's clear that the site wants to become the go to site for hosting deals but it can't be neutral when the majority are CC resellers. Are there any non-CC resellers advertised at all on LEB?

@dahartigan said:

@doghouch said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

@dahartigan said:

God bless.

Francisco

Lol yeah, it's clear that the site wants to become the go to site for hosting deals but it can't be neutral when the majority are CC resellers. Are there any non-CC resellers advertised at all on LEB?

It's not common. Being a site just for their own customers is fine, but be upfront about it. "This site focuses on highlighting our direct customers offers" or whatever.

Supposedly if you place top 3 in the poops you can get a quick front page posting, but I personally never tried.

Keep an eye for any insane deals from cc hosts soon. With HIF gone there is 200 nodes spare in CCs inventory that they need to move.

It happened last time a big reseller left (see game host I think?) And it'll happen again.

Beware the 3 year deals.

Francisco

• @Francisco I actually made a mistake. There's not a single provider on the front page that isn't a ColoCrossing reseller.

Providers that are only at ColoCrossing datacentres:

• SolvedByData
    • HostBRZ
    • MegaZoneHosting
    • SparkVPS, UpBeat Hosting
    • Hosting73
    • BigFootServers
    • NFPHosting
    • SupremeVPS
    • etc.

Providers that are in both CC and in other DCs:

• PnZHost

@doghouch said:
    @Francisco I actually made a mistake. There's not a single provider on the front page that isn't a ColoCrossing reseller.

Providers that are only at ColoCrossing datacentres:

• SolvedByData
    • HostBRZ
    • MegaZoneHosting
    • SparkVPS, UpBeat Hosting
    • Hosting73
    • BigFootServers
    • NFPHosting
    • SupremeVPS
    • etc.

Providers that are in both CC and in other DCs:

• PnZHost

Like I said, if they were just honest about it, then no one would care.

Hell, they may even get more business from providers that are wanting to post on there.

Francisco

Thanked by 1wtfcook
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2018

@Francisco Yeah - it's pretty darn misleading for new users. I managed to find quite a few "3 year deals" without any real effort. That in itself is really sad (just like the state of LET's administration) lol

Thanked by 1wtfcook