Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW! - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance deadpooling — BACKUP YOUR DATA NOW!

Comments

• @eol said:
    Karma will get them soon enough.

It won't. Never does.

• I have a different experience.

Thanked by 2tcp6 Shazan
  • You can run but you can’t hide forever.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Thanked by 1tcp6
  • @deank said:
    Simple. Would you file a lawsuit for 30?

Would you? You wouldn't. That's how they get way with it.

I make 300 a month. Rent is 200. Yes I am considering it as 30 is not insignificant money in Eastern Europe.

Karma does not exist.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

My point still stands.

You want something done, sue. If not and want to avoid situations like this, be wiser.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2018

@deank said:
    My point still stands.

You want something done, sue. If not and want to avoid situations like this, be wiser.

I mean, the guy pulled that off tons of times, so I would guess no one had a success yet.
    That means something, maybe they tried and had no success or no one sued his ass until now.

I would expect that the get sued at one point.
    Its not like Kickfarted does not exist, we could Crowdfound a Lawsuit.

edited December 2018

Due to the nature of webhosting where customers are spread out worldwide, trying to sue by a network of clients is nigh impossible.
    They may complain loudly but, when it comes to actually taking actions, they shy away either because they cannot afford to or don't want to bother.

I am pretty positive that he hasn't been sued.

@deank said:
    I am pretty positive that he hasn't been sued.

Sounds like a good business model then, scam costumers all over the place.
    No one sues you, and you still get ton of money.

It is a good business model as long as one's moral values accept it.

Thanked by 2feezioxiii Wolveix
  • It's more like a lack of moral values.

Thanked by 1Shazan
    edited December 2018

I wouldn't say that. Some are determined to make money however they can because they know nothing better.

I said this in this thread. It's easy to blame the scammer but victims are to be blamed also. Their plan smelled bad from the first glance. It wasn't going to last but still went for it. The blame is not entirely on the scammer.

He simply set the trap. Victims didn't have to step on it.

• Blame is on the scammer.
    The victims are just naive I think.
    A little research could've prevented a lot of things I guess.

Thanked by 1tcp6

LET is a fucking trap, they buy it, because its cheap.
    And he sells it, because he know its cheap and people will buy it.
    But what they do not know, is that he is scamming people after a few months.

And since he is putting up new and new brands and companies, he may get the same people again and again.

Thanked by 2eol netomx

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • eol said: I have a different experience.

Coincidences.

tcp6 said: You can run but you can’t hide forever.

Thanked by 3eol tcp6 Wolveix
  • @eol said:

You'll need another graphic to show how to pronounce "pronaunced".

Thanked by 3eol tcp6 Daniel15
  • ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@bugrakoc said:

eol said: I have a different experience.

Coincidences.

You can't really know when it is time to pay the bill...

Thanked by 2eol tcp6
  • jurajcepar88jurajcepar88 Member
    edited December 2018

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

Please if you find the spare time, fill it in.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • @mfs said:

Francisco said: There's "Matt", and then there's someone I've yet to get the name of, but supposedly owns "Dedidirect"

I don't know about Matt, I've noticed "Dedidirect" in hiformance's NS history and luckily for us it seems he's here! @DediDirect
    They registered in Wyoming as well, just the "Costas" contact doesn't match "Nguyen" but probably there are tens of people working around these brands! Sadly I've been unable to locate dedidirect's business on opencorporates and wyobiz.wy.gov, the "Admin Street" address is a generic "Suite" used in multiple registrations. I did already cross their site, it seemed to me mostly an unfinished template + a (genuinely licensed) WHMCS. Their posting history on LET doesn't seem too compelling tbqh. I wonder if that's the "experienced guy" our @CVPS_Chris was talking about

EDIT: yep! So, @DediDirect is one of the main owners I guess

EDIT2: I hope you hard working LEB guys will restore those pages that somehow hit a 404 ASAP! Streisand's effect is rather unpleasant, you know

Seems "John Nguyen" is an alias and it's Matt who's behind HiFormance.
    When you do a search on "PO Box 3190 San Leandro, CA 94578" you will also find "UplinkVPS.com" and if you take a close look you will see a "Matt Palmer", guess who always replied with "Matt P" at HiFormance ?

You cant tell me it's a coincidence.

Thanked by 2tcp6 eol
  • SkanderSkander Member
    edited December 2018

@Gerrit said:

@mfs said:

Francisco said: There's "Matt", and then there's someone I've yet to get the name of, but supposedly owns "Dedidirect"

I don't know about Matt, I've noticed "Dedidirect" in hiformance's NS history and luckily for us it seems he's here! @DediDirect
    They registered in Wyoming as well, just the "Costas" contact doesn't match "Nguyen" but probably there are tens of people working around these brands! Sadly I've been unable to locate dedidirect's business on opencorporates and wyobiz.wy.gov, the "Admin Street" address is a generic "Suite" used in multiple registrations. I did already cross their site, it seemed to me mostly an unfinished template + a (genuinely licensed) WHMCS. Their posting history on LET doesn't seem too compelling tbqh. I wonder if that's the "experienced guy" our @CVPS_Chris was talking about

EDIT: yep! So, @DediDirect is one of the main owners I guess

EDIT2: I hope you hard working LEB guys will restore those pages that somehow hit a 404 ASAP! Streisand's effect is rather unpleasant, you know

Seems "John Nguyen" is an alias and it's Matt who's behind HiFormance.
    When you do a search on "PO Box 3190 San Leandro, CA 94578" you will also find "UplinkVPS.com" and if you take a close look you will see a "Matt Palmer", guess who always replied with "Matt P" at HiFormance ?

You cant tell me it's a coincidence.

Found him. https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-palmer-b0aa90103

Matthew Palmer, Google has him listed under Hiformance Founder in LinkedIN (now dead as Hiformance LinkedIN is gone).

His current LinkedIN shows "ShellServers Founder".

[Matthew Palmer
    Founder at ShellServers
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Information Technology and Services]

Visiting ShellServers.net we find... a sloppy under construction page with a link to "Unity Streams" and... HIFORMANCE.

The other service, shellservers, lists "Duck Lee Seoung" as the owner (maybe another alias? or is matthew the alias?)

I'm tempted to contact "GlobalFrag" and try to get an identity.

If anyone wants to sue, you now know your guy :)

Thanked by 3tcp6 t0m Daniel15
  • The rabbit hole is deep.

Thanked by 1tcp6
  • @eol said:
    The rabbit hole is deep.

The deep hole is a rabbit.

Thanked by 1eol
  • LET investigation unit :-)

Thanked by 1eol
  • CSI: LET.

• @eol said:
    CSI: LET.

NCIS: LET.

• I lost my 1 year vps :/

• Skander said: "ShellServers Founder"

https://shellservers.net/

• Really, how the hell didn't CC clue onto the fact that hiformance were about to deadpool? And allowing a 3 year deal on the LEB page for a host that's so new is pretty stupid also. Just look how it turned out.