Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NetCup Adventskalender 2018 Released - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NetCup Adventskalender 2018 Released

Comments

• Missed it! Oh well have to wait for the next release

• Yeah, I also missed it, but it's possible that I'm not trying with sufficient determination: part of me is asking "Do I really need another VPS?". :smiley:

So I may decide to pass: well, I haven't yet decided, and I may still try to get one, but it looks pretty hopeless anyway without sufficient determination. :smiley:

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Hukin said:
    Everyone wants cheap for less, that rules. Guess also they take VAT from everyone in addition.

incl. 19% VAT

• @angstrom said:
    Yeah, I also missed it, but it's possible that I'm not trying with sufficient determination: part of me is asking "Do I really need another VPS?". :smiley:

So I may decide to pass: well, I haven't yet decided, and I may still try to get one, but it looks pretty hopeless anyway without sufficient determination. :smiley:

it's not a question of needing it. you know you want it. therefore you should get one. :-D

Thanked by 2angstrom mfs
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

Hukin said: Guess also they take VAT from everyone in addition.

It's not like companies collect VAT for themselves, moreover the advertised price is inclusive of German VAT and if you're VAT-exempt the 12-months invoice is just 18,05 EUR
    muh VAT

• can you buy two and combine?

• @mfs said:

It's not like companies collect VAT for themselves, moreover the advertised price is inclusive of German VAT and if you're VAT-exempt the 12-months invoice is just 18,05 EUR

they are still picky about who they acknowledge as being VAT excempted, has been thoroughly discussed here already.
    this means they do charge (german) VAT from non-european customers if those can't prove to be a valid company...

Thanked by 1mfs
  • @mfs said:

muh VAT

How to remove this vat? I live outside europe.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited December 2018

andrew1995 said: How to remove this vat? I live outside europe.

see

Falzo said: they are still picky about who they acknowledge as being VAT excempted, has been thoroughly discussed here already.
    this means they do charge (german) VAT from non-european customers if those can't prove to be a valid company...

• @aka455 said:

@Ympker said:
    Anyone waiting for stock:

You can use "Visualping" chrome extension to be notified when a change happens (e.g. stock available) on website.

Paid

No, I use the free plan

• @andrew1995 said:

@mfs said:

muh VAT

How to remove this vat? I live outside europe.

talked with them, they said - NOT POSSIBLE

• if ! curl -vs https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/warenkorb_add.php?produkt=2322 | grep "We are sorry!"; then echo "AVAILABLE!!!"; fi

Don't run more than once per minute or else it'll come up with false positives.

• Available again @angstrom

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @LeonDynamic said:
    Available again @angstrom

Gone again @angstrom

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • The sun will be out tomorrow @angstrom

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Don't let your hope falter @angstrom

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • gksgks Member
    edited December 2018

Falzo said: this means they do charge (german) VAT from non-european customers if those can't prove to be a valid company...

>

@Falzo, If non-european customer is a company, we can available on VAT exception? I bought a Dedi from Hetzner, there haven't charged me VAT, but Netcup charged me VAT 19% (was part of plan) on my purchase

Ignore pls, I gone through an old thread, here https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/93440/netcup-nice-offer/p4 , specially ayukas comment. Now I wrote to them to remove VAT. I used my gmail id for signup, I may need to change to official email id.

• Guys, no luck. :neutral: I've clicked numerous times throughout the day, especially shortly after the times that @Falzo mentioned earlier (that were posted on Twitter), but no luck. It's also true that I could have spent more time clicking than I did, but there are limits! I don't want to feel so desperate about getting another VPS just because it's a good deal -- especially if it requires so much effort!

I may try a few more times this evening, but I don't expect to succeed. But thanks for your encouragement. :smile:

• solairesolaire Member
    edited December 2018

As promised, today's Advent calendar door has just been filled up. Further replenishments take place at 12:30, 16:40 and 17:50.

All gone it seems.

• @angstrom Keep checking over the next few days. You might end up getting a better deal or even a root server :smile:

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Think tomorrows offer might be Webhosting 2000 SE halber Preis as its the next number in sequence.

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2323

I’m just guessing and don’t own a crystal ball however @Falzo does so might know more....

• @LeonDynamic said:

Did you get one? :smile:

Thanked by 1LeonDynamic
  • @angstrom said:

@LeonDynamic said:

Did you get one? :smile:

Yes managed to nab one when they released at 16.40 but they went really quick

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • I am looking for their RS 4000 G8, if there is luck & they show mercy on my (company) VAT exclusion request, I could go for one.

• today it's webhosting package. 250GB ssd + 250 GB for mail. most interestingly are the 20 included .de domain but probably only for german clients...

however, order-link is a quite old one: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2042

• eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

@Falzo said:
    today it's webhosting package. 250GB ssd + 250 GB for mail. most interestingly are the 20 included .de domain but probably only for german clients...

however, order-link is a quite old one: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2042

Good deal if it can be abused as 500GB SSD storage.

EDIT:
    No file size limit, etc...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Not sure if they have something inside the TOS about improper usage of services.

• Only the usual Linux ISO, spam, etc. stuff.

• @Falzo said:
    most interestingly are the 20 included .de domain but probably only for german clients...

That webhosting plan also has 20 external domains, which is the most allotment of external domains that they've reIeased (at least that I am aware of)

The 12-month billing period kills it for me though.

• @pullangcubo said:

@Falzo said:
    most interestingly are the 20 included .de domain but probably only for german clients...

That webhosting plan also has 20 external domains, which is the most allotment of external domains that they've reIeased (at least that I am aware of)

thanks for reminding... I totally forgot that they still have those crappy limits on their plans.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo