Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 95
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• seizureseizure Member
    edited November 2018

@rpollestad said:

I hate when you think you snagged a great deal and then 3 hours later, it's the same location but with better specs at a lower price.

FML. i thought i was the only one.

paid $45 for 3gb of ram 30gb ssd in buffalo. very sore.

• pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited November 2018

@VirMach said:
    Formal announcement if you were able to pay us only. If you didn't pay you didn't officially buy it.

So no luck for most of us here, sucks big time but need to move on.

Now let's talk about this: :lol:

@pullangcubo said:
    10GB SSD would be bitter, but sub-$20/year pricing with this specs would really be sweet! :lol:

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 10 GIGABIT
    RAM 16384MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 8x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 8000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• Do we need to open a ticket to install windows(i have ordered windows KVM but i have choosed to install later) ?

• @just4sc said:

@scorcher9 said:

just4sc said: At least you got invoiced....mine was suppose to go through paypal so I didn't even get invoiced....

Everything gets invoiced, paypal or not. Yours getting cancelled is a different thing.

LOL...I just noticed there is an invoice section. Never clicked into that section before. My two invoices are #464931 and #464995....any chance they can get "uncancelled" @VirMach?

I have an active Paypal Billing Agreement...shouldn't my purchases automatically get paid until I cancel? That's why I was confused. My earlier purchases of OVZ vpses didn't ask me to pay so I was confused why people were recommending paying for the invoices. @VirMach, when you have a chance can you take a look into it? Thanks!

edited November 2018

@just4sc said:
    I have an active Paypal Billing Agreement...shouldn't my purchases automatically get paid until I cancel? That's why I was confused. My earlier purchases of OVZ vpses didn't ask me to pay so I was confused why people were recommending paying for the invoices. @VirMach, when you have a chance can you take a look into it? Thanks!

It's because the "hook" instructing PayPal to pay VirMarch for the deal didn't trigger at all during the (server) chaos so technically VirMach was not paid, hence the VPS and the invoice existed as Pending in the Client Area, with the invoice needing manual intervention (from you) to try to pay via PayPal again.

You were able to order the deal, you just wasn't able to pay for it.

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2018

Buffalo - KVM Windows

(You won't buy it because you've seen better in the last hour).

$26.28 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    WINDOWS WINDOWS 2008 AVAILABLE
    RAM 4096MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 2x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 40GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

JabJab said: Deal without promo code? This is not BF/CM spirit! Go home VirMach, you drunk (or tired af)!

Okay, let me copy other hosts.

It's now $39.69 with a 35% coupon that makes it $25.80

Code: CyberMonday2018Buster35

just4sc said: I have an active Paypal Billing Agreement...shouldn't my purchases automatically get paid until I cancel? That's why I was confused. My earlier purchases of OVZ vpses didn't ask me to pay so I was confused why people were recommending paying for the invoices. @VirMach, when you have a chance can you take a look into it? Thanks!

I believe the system generates an invoice then charges it, you just don't see it do all the steps.

pullangcubo said: So no luck for most of us here, sucks big time but need to move on.

Now let's talk about this:

donli said: There's a reason VirMach doesn't have a "if you see us offer a lower price..." policy.

rpollestad said: I hate when you think you snagged a great deal and then 3 hours later, it's the same location but with better specs at a lower price.

I mean that's kind of what you're signing up for -- random deals. The node your previous deal was on was different, our (unpredictable) stock levels changed, and I was able to do a limited time deal for whoever was around. You have the same chance as others to get the new better deals. It's an idle bidding war that continues for a while, so it's possible the deals get better or worse.

If the deals just continued to get worse to make people feel better, I feel like that's not in the spirit of these flash deals. There's always the safer bet -- the specials posted with higher quantities and time.

(edit) If it makes you feel better the new deal went out of stock and broke the site so you may have not got it anyway.

• just4scjust4sc Member
    edited November 2018

@VirMach said:

just4sc said: I have an active Paypal Billing Agreement...shouldn't my purchases automatically get paid until I cancel? That's why I was confused. My earlier purchases of OVZ vpses didn't ask me to pay so I was confused why people were recommending paying for the invoices. @VirMach, when you have a chance can you take a look into it? Thanks!

I believe the system generates an invoice then charges it, you just don't see it do all the steps.

Then I don't know why my invoices were cancelled. I've "technically" paid through the billing agreement paid but something cancelled it.

• @VirMach do we need to open ticket to install windows ?

edited December 2019

just4sc said: Then I don't know why my invoices were cancelled. I've "technically" paid through the billing agreement paid but something cancelled it.

If you have a transaction ID on PayPal please open a ticket.

lookingbad said: @VirMach do we need to open ticket to install windows ?

Yes

• @pullangcubo said:

@just4sc said:

It's because the "hook" instructing PayPal to pay VirMarch for the deal didn't trigger at all during the (server) chaos so technically VirMach was not paid, hence the VPS and the invoice existed as Pending in the Client Area, with the invoice needing manual intervention (from you) to try to pay via PayPal again.

You were able to order the deal, you just wasn't able to pay for it.

But without knowing that was the case I wouldn't know to go look for the invoices since I was under the assumption that it was being paid automatically. I didn't see any flags for unpaid invoice while I was in the client area and that's why I thought my orders were just pending for completion on their end.

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2018

Buffalo - KVM WIndows

20 GB SSD.

$48.39 /yr

RAM 7424MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 8x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 6000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @VirMach said:

just4sc said: Then I don't know why my invoices were cancelled. I've "technically" paid through the billing agreement paid but something cancelled it.

If you have a transaction ID on PayPal please open a ticket.

I just checked and there aren't any transaction IDs for those two invoices. Looking at the invoices it looked like they were cancelled when it was generated.

edited December 2019

just4sc said: I just checked and there aren't any transaction IDs for those two invoices. Looking at the invoices it looked like they were cancelled when it was generated.

This is rare and only happens when our site bugs out. You can contact us with the transaction ID to either get the deal, or a refund if it didn't hit our database.

• @VirMach said:
    I mean that's kind of what you're signing up for -- random deals.

Just pissed that a technical issue prevented me (us?) from getting an awesome deal; pissed not to you personally, but to your servers :lol:

Out of curiosity, if you can divulge, how many stocks did those series of Buffalo-lunacy-deals had?

• VirMach said: t's now $39.69 with a 35% coupon that makes it $25.80

can you make an eu offer like this too pls.

• @VirMach said:

just4sc said: I just checked and there aren't any transaction IDs for those two invoices. Looking at the invoices it looked like they were cancelled when it was generated.

This is rare and only happens when our site bugs out. You can contact us with the transaction ID to either get the deal, or a refund if it didn't hit our database.

I never got charged so there's no transaction ID. I really want the deal so anything you can do...here's what I mean when I said that it looks like the invoice was cancelled when it was generated. I don't have any idea how your system works so I'm just guessing...

edited December 2019

pullangcubo said: Out of curiosity, if you can divulge, how many stocks did those series of Buffalo-lunacy-deals had?

70 each. I was not expending the site issues or I wouldn't do it -- I tried editing the offer to make it less desirable but it switched and that's all I have to say about that.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • donlidonli Member
    edited November 2018

Buffalo - KVM

$13.72 /yr

RAM 3840MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

edited November 2018

@VirMach said:
    70 each. I was not expending the site issues or I wouldn't do it -- I tried editing the offer to make it less desirable but it switched and that's all I have to say about that.

I will fucking hunt those 70 souls who got the best deal and make sure they'll pay for their being lucky!

Wanna try stress-testing the servers again? :lol:

Thanked by 1seizure
  • @tridinebandim said:

VirMach said: t's now $39.69 with a 35% coupon that makes it $25.80

Nah, I think he is ignoring us from EU.

• pullangcubo said: 70 souls

what was the offer ?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2018

TLDR: The more choices you have, the less happy you are

Let's say you bought a $10/yr 2GB KVM and feels happy about it, but then VirMach released $1/yr 2GB KVM, you feel unhappy because you should have get it cheaper. However, isn't it $10/yr 2GB KVM so much cheaper than other providers already?

Here comes the paradox of choice, why people are unhappy about the deal that is already good enough:

"It's easy to imagine you could have made a different choice that would have been better. And what happens is this imagined alternative induces you to regret the decision you made, and this regret subtracts from the satisfaction you get out of the decision you made, even if it was a good decision. The more options there are, the easier it is to regret anything at all that is disappointing about the option that you chose." - Barry Schwartz

https://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice/

• @tridinebandim said:

pullangcubo said: 70 souls

what was the offer ?

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • @oriend said:

@tridinebandim said:

VirMach said: t's now $39.69 with a 35% coupon that makes it $25.80

Nah, I think he is ignoring us from EU.

There nodes are nearly full in the EU and have been for a year. Virmach said '2% of the offers are in Europe' if I can remember correctly so it'll be better off you just buying a good deal in buffalo or NJ than waiting 2 hours to see something in Europe with a shitter deal.

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2018

Piscataway - KVM Windows

$30.56 /yr

RAM 4864MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    LOCATION PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• Special offer: 4GB RAM, 3x vCPU@3GHz, 40GB SSD for 25
    Flash deal: 4.5GB RAM, 1x vCPU, 35GB SSD for 30

edited November 2018

By the way, I'm not sure if it's still available, but @VirMach dropped an easter egg earlier, before all this chaos commenced :wink:

EDIT: It's OOS, but not sure if the coupon still works once it becomes available again.

• just4scjust4sc Member
    edited November 2018

@VirMach said:

I've opened ticket #906030 and tried to explain everything...though I don't have any Paypal transaction IDs.

• @Jake4 said:
    Virmach said '2% of the offers are in Europe'