Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 492
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2021

Thanked by 2FAT32 donli
  • @FrankZ said:

EDIT:

HOLY SHIT VIRTBOT IS BACK

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Buffalo - Land of Infinite Servers(tm)

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@donli said:
    Buffalo - Land of Infinite Servers(tm)

We only have 188,078GB of disk space left in Buffalo.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

@VirMach said: We only have 188,078GB of disk space left in Buffalo.

Have you heard about Chia? You guys bought GPUs to mine things, why you did not jump on that hype?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2021

@VirMach said:

Can you make some VPS with huge disks (eg. 500GB - 1000GB) each? Imagine having SSD as storage server instead of HDD, that will be amazing.

Of course, $5/yr. But only when it is still in CC though. Please make it in the form of easter egg or this thread only to prevent some unknown guy bought it and thought they can keep it forever.

• @FAT32
    Shouldn't this thread maybe be hidden from the main index again to be VIP only? :smiley:

• @VirMach said: We only have 188,078GB of disk space left in Buffalo.

That 120 day special was so good I really miss it. Good to know I will be able to get something similar before you go oos in Buffalo.:)

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@ZA_capetown said:
    FAT32
    Shouldn't this thread maybe be hidden from the main index again to be VIP only? :smiley:

Yeah you are right, let me hide it first and once the easter egg is out I will unhide it.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • also we need to make like 8 pages more this BF so @ZA_capetown can change his avatar. It's pissing me off for months already, but did not really wanted to yell at him until we reach a nice point.

Thanked by 2FAT32 ZA_capetown
  • $29.25/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    6400MB RAM
    3 vCORE
    25GB SSD (RAID 10)
    12500GB BANDWIDTH
    CHICAGO, IL LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Can you make some VPS with huge disks (eg. 500GB - 1000GB) each? Imagine having SSD as storage server instead of HDD, that will be amazing.

Of course, $5/yr. But only when it is still in CC though. Please make it in the form of easter egg or this thread only to prevent some unknown guy bought it and thought they can keep it forever.

Something like that could definitely be arranged. Let me just fix this and catch up on spins and this could be part of the temporary specials.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @VirMach said:

@donli said:
    Buffalo - Land of Infinite Servers(tm)

That's only 188 TB, some people have more "Linux ISOs" than that.

• @JabJab said:
    also we need to make like 8 pages more this BF so @ZA_capetown can change his avatar. It's pissing me off for months already, but did not really wanted to yell at him until we reach a nice point.

LOL! I never thought for a moment that would be the case. :blush:

Changing things like profile pics and arb settings usually slip my mind and end up on a to-do-list I forget about as low priority....

...I can totally relate to @Virmach 's Soon™ relative relation with time and some things getting buried and forgotten under a list of new ambitious ideas - and is one of the many reasons I love him so much.

But if I change it to 500, won't it again eventually piss you off? :-D
    Suggestions are welcome... picture of Table Mountain perhaps?

Thanked by 2FAT32 FrankZ
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

@ZA_capetown said: But if I change it to 500, won't it again eventually piss you off? :-D

eventually? Sure. But now we are almost 500, you are still rocking that 200, that is a disgrace! ;)

500 won't hurt so bad with 550 page, as 200 hurts when we are at 475 - doubled your avatar :P

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • @JabJab said:

@ZA_capetown said: But if I change it to 500, won't it again eventually piss you off? :-D

eventually? Sure. But now we are almost 500, you are still rocking that 200, that is a disgrace! ;)

500 won't hurt so bad with 550 page :P

Maybe go with 5XX pages.

• Seems like VirtBot stuck! We broke it already boys.
    Happy Cyber Monday @VirMach >:)

:(

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @JabJab said:
    Seems like VirtBot stuck! We broke it already boys.

Maybe it got omicroned.

• In my defence, when they changed it from 50 comments to 30 comments per page, that totally distorted things!

We would've still been on Page 296 now :smiley:

• @donli said:

@JabJab said:

Maybe it got omicroned.

@donli said:

@JabJab said:

Maybe it got omicroned.

You don't buy it. He has no motivation to work

Almost fixed. It was related to the API issue we previously mentioned that caused the stock problems, we'll contact them and get a permanent fix but for now it should work in about 10 minutes now.

• @ZA_capetown said:
    In my defence, when they changed it from 50 comments to 30 comments per page, that totally distorted things!

We would've still been on Page 296 now :smiley:

It's like packaged food shrinking at the grocery store.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • @donli said:
    Maybe it got omicroned.

Pffft most of the world wrongly gave us (South Africa) another instant travel ban last week, because of Omicron

And with it the ZAR tanked again to the USD and it makes my BF/CM even more expensive :neutral:

and the irony is, there is no real valid reason to have done that... we were merely the first to successfully identify and genetically sequence it and made the data publicly available
    (we actually have one of the world's most advanced medical genetic sequencing and virology research facilities etc etc)

• on that topic I am pretty sure everyone agrees we would gladly sacrifice VirtBot if that would make this covshit end.

• @ZA_capetown said:

@donli said:
    Maybe it got omicroned.

Pffft most of the world wrongly gave us (South Africa) another instant travel ban last week, because of Omicron

And with it the ZAR tanked again to the USD and it makes my BF/CM even more expensive :neutral:

and the irony is, there is no real valid reason to have done that... we were merely the first to successfully identify and genetically sequence it and made the data publicly available
    (we actually have one of the world's most advanced medical genetic sequencing and virology research facilities etc etc)

Have no fear, your packets are welcome here!

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown

Alright, we're back in business

• @JabJab said:
    on that topic I am pretty sure everyone agrees we would gladly sacrifice VirtBot if that would make this covshit end.

Give it a chance to offer some killer deals first.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • Host Hatch just released some incredible ($ 20/Tb/year) storage plans as a flash deal if anyone needs storage.

• Hello again