Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 483
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @ripeapple said: I didn't open any ticket in virmach.com.

ROTFL

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2021

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

I thought I posted this but I guess I forgot. I wanted some feedback on what we're planning for Black Friday, mainly as a compromise so we can sell some Ryzen services. My original post (that never posted) had a lot more details but perhaps I'll keep it short and let you guys ask questions.

Short Version:

We would sell some non-flash services, and allow you as the customer to decide when you want to deploy it. This provides some flexibility, and is intended to work out better than a "pre-order" system. You can activate it immediately, or wait longer to receive additional discounts. The specials are still discounted already and at a competitive price, this is just an additional optional discount. In case a lot of people decide to do "immediate" activation and we don't have enough, we'd allow some refund period in that scenario. And each month you wait before activating, you get some additional discount. So wait one month, 1X discount. Two months, 2X discount, and so on. Does this sound interesting?

Here's the sample from the dev environment, with a sneak peak of the "additional" discount we were thinking of when it comes to the maximum wait duration (July 1st, 2022 aka 8X discount.)

• :) very innovative idea! let's see the reception in BF!

• A really interesting idea. Would be glad to try it out

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:
    And each month you wait before activating, you get some additional discount. So wait one month, 1X discount. Two months, 2X discount, and so on. Does this sound interesting?

Of course, we are idling it anyway.

I don't mind waiting 32 months for 32X discount, if that's an option.

Thanked by 3randomq mrTom user123
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Deep question: does the server have to be activated in order to idle it?

• $12/year for a real Ryzen VPS and even more you discount it for our better idling ?!!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2021

@VirMach said:
    I thought I posted this but I guess I forgot. I wanted some feedback on what we're planning for Black Friday, mainly as a compromise so we can sell some Ryzen services. My original post (that never posted) had a lot more details but perhaps I'll keep it short and let you guys ask questions.

Short Version:

We would sell some non-flash services, and allow you as the customer to decide when you want to deploy it. This provides some flexibility, and is intended to work out better than a "pre-order" system. You can activate it immediately, or wait longer to receive additional discounts. The specials are still discounted already and at a competitive price, this is just an additional optional discount. In case a lot of people decide to do "immediate" activation and we don't have enough, we'd allow some refund period in that scenario. And each month you wait before activating, you get some additional discount. So wait one month, 1X discount. Two months, 2X discount, and so on. Does this sound interesting?

Here's the sample from the dev environment, with a sneak peak of the "additional" discount we were thinking of when it comes to the maximum wait duration (July 1st, 2022 aka 8X discount.)

You just figured out how to sell people the nothing they intend to do with what they buy every Black Friday anyway, and further incentivize them not using it, all while reducing the hardware needed to satisfy the sales during a time where bulk hardware is just a bit harder to get ahold of.

Genius.

@jar said:
    You just figured out how to sell people the nothing they intend to do with what they buy every Black Friday anyway, and further incentivize then not using it, all while reducing the hardware needed to satisfy the sales during a time where bulk hardware is just a bit harder to get ahold of.

Genius.

Where's the MXRoute version of this?

Thanked by 2jar user123
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@FAT32 said:

@jar said:
    You just figured out how to sell people the nothing they intend to do with what they buy every Black Friday anyway, and further incentivize then not using it, all while reducing the hardware needed to satisfy the sales during a time where bulk hardware is just a bit harder to get ahold of.

Genius.

Where's the MXRoute version of this?

It's baked in because an idle account uses no resources 😂

Thanked by 2FAT32 user123
  • @yoursunny said:
    Deep question: does the server have to be activated in order to idle it?

Virmach can add a check box during checkout "automatically idle".

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

I have a feeling that some screenshots are missings. I get the idea however and I kinda like it... refunds and extensions are cool, but if I decided to 'buy in advance' VPS that 'I have some plans for that in future, I will deploy things later' (sure, yeah, good joke) then the part 'we don't have enough servers, will give refund' is kinda a deal breaker, I want it deployed or having the refund bigger than I paid so I can buy something similar ASAP.

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited November 2021

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:
    And each month you wait before activating, you get some additional discount. So wait one month, 1X discount. Two months, 2X discount, and so on. Does this sound interesting?

I don't mind waiting 64 months.

uintil I forgot it existed/actived....

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Works for me. I normality purchase a service (yearly) when I need it throughout the year and then replace it at a better price on BF. By activating the BF service in the future, closer to when the normal service was going to expire it would save me from having overlapping servers that I really don't need.

Would we be able to pick from available locations when we wanted to activate the service, or would we have to lock in to a particular location at the time of the original purchase ?

• Can I suspend my 1C1G VPS for half of the year, and use 2C 2G for the rest of the year?

@FrankZ said:
    Would we be able to pick from available locations when we wanted to activate the service, or would we have to lock in to a particular location at the time of the original purchase ?

That's called as VPS Pool / Reseller Pool, would be interested if VirMach is selling this. Again, if VirMach is doing this, they might as well make it a Cloud / hourly based service.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2021

@FAT32 - Most of the Pool products I have seen allowed you to destroy a VPS in one location and recreate it in another, if space is available, anytime during the purchased term. That is not what I meant in my question above. I was referring to when I activated the VPS could I pick from locations that were available at that time and then the VPS would stay in that location. This was opposed to if I had to chose a location at purchase time and having to take a refund if there was no space available at the location when I wanted to activate it.

Of course a pool product from VirMach would be a great thing. Although I don't think it is very likely in the near future, but we can always hope :)

@RecD said: Can I suspend my 1C1G VPS for half of the year, and use 2C 2G for the rest of the year?

No way Jose !!

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @VirMach So wait one month, 1X discount. Two months, 2X discount, and so on. Does this sound interesting?

Depends on the value of X.

Thanked by 1randomq
  • The new policy looks interesting.

• image> @FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Hold out for the 100 months for 100% discount.

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • Feels like a cociu marketing move.

• So it's not vps business now , it's financial game instead.

• A bit dangerous to be honest. Even it start with the good purpose, finance is not something you familiar with. It can lever you to the sky and then fall the hard way.

• business idea: selling insurance to cover downtime

• @cybertech said:
    business idea: selling insurance to cover downtime

That's called SLA

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @jmgcaguicla said:

@cybertech said:

That's called SLA

How's that SLA working out for Hostsolutions customers?

• @donli said:

Can't find anywhere saying HS has a commitment to a certain SLA.

Downtimes were always compensated with "we apologies for the troubles, each will give 1 month free service" out of cociu's pocket™.

• @donli said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@cybertech said:

That's called SLA

Wait, you thought cociu had an SLA? Lol

• Hello.