Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 422
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• I got the email, and liked it. Zero dedi's so I just put in a VPS server id.
    Looks like I'm riding this bus until the last stop...

• imokimok Member
    edited February 2021

Reaching out to touch a stranger
    Electric eyes are everywhere
    See that girl, she knows I'm watching
    She likes the way I stare

If they say, why, why?
    Still they think it's human nature
    Why, why does he do me that way?

• @imok said:

Does your wife know?

• يا الرَايح وين مسافر تروح تعيا وتولي
    شحال ندموا العباد الغافلين قبلك وقبلي
    يا الرَايح وين مسافر تروح تعيا وتولي
    شحال ندموا العباد الغافلين قبلك وقبلي

• imokimok Member
    edited February 2021

@randomq said:

@imok said:

Does your wife know?

I realized about that after posting. Wrong line lol

EDIT: Reading again those are some geh lines. Changed the verse :D

• pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited February 2021

Nah, I guess I'm not cool enough to get the email.

• @imok said:

@randomq said:

@imok said:

Does your wife know?

I realized about that after posting. Wrong line lol

EDIT: Reading again those are some geh lines. Changed the verse :D

Don't apologize for who you are. We love you no matter who is doing you.

• We've been stuck in page 253 for too long.

• Well...

• There is...

• NEXT PAGE SOON

Sooner than Ryzen`s I guess!

• Dogecoin will hit $1 first... ;)

• One of my VMs (other provider) got hit by the debianuser template backdoor. They were DDOSing and mining Monero. Turns out they can make a penny each day just by keeping a cpu pegged at 100%, what value!

Just in case anyone thought it might be worth doing on their VPS, it is not. You'd need thousands of VPS you aren't paying for to make it worthwhile.

• But how much did SolusVM make from their dirty templates?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2021

Ryzen alpha starting actually soon, not soon TM, for alpha testers who messaged us per our comment a while back. Servers ready, well ready enough to rack and cabinet ready. I don't want to say in a few days but .. in a few days.

Then probably the storage node, pending a beefier RAID controller, then beta testers by end of month as planned.

EDIT -- please do expect the alpha test to actually be a complete mess, it's intended to actually be an alpha test.

Oh and I haven't forgotten about the double triple infinity prizes. Those will probably be slightly after alpha.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • Quick, post something, we need next page or Ryzen gonna win!

Alpha is alpha - I am pretty sure everyone expects that and not gonna use this production-level stuff.

• Production ? It's like a test server right ? I'm always pushing code to this server, so it don't affect the QA server.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • Oh wait, I didn't know that there'll be a storage node in LA as well! Noice!

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited February 2021

Time for a bus!

• Thanked by 1FrankZ
    edited February 2021

@pullangcubo said:
    Oh wait, I didn't know that there'll be a storage node in LA as well! Noice!

Yep, just had some issues sourcing a RAID controller. We're going to try to change it to a beefier one and see if we can leverage SSD caching as well. Open to suggestions as well. Right now we're going to go with a massive 36 bay server, with 16TB drives, 384GB RAM, and 2x E5-2690v3's. 10Gbit port on this one as well like our other storage nodes.

We're not going with WD Golds, but instead Seagate Exos Enterprise simply due to pricing.

I'm just hoping I don't throw out my back trying to take this down to the datacenter, I already had trouble bringing it up and that's before we added the drives. We wanted to do one in Amsterdam too, but I'm not sure how I feel about sending 200 pounds across the ocean at the moment.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited February 2021

Subject: [Emergency] Immediate Migration on GERKVM1 & GERKVM2
    Dear VirMach Customers,

As you may know, these nodes have been having extreme issues, with frequent outages. This is not the type of experience we would like to provide, and the situation is unfortunately worsening. Immediate after this message, we will begin migrating customers away from GERKVM1. Then, once we bring GERKVM2 back online, we will migrate that as well.

Your service's IP address will change, if networking does not function, please click "Reconfigure networking" on your end.
    You can view the new IP address on your service details page, under "main IP address."
    There will be a few hours downtime as your VPS is migrated.
    The new server will be located in Amsterdam, but if we offer Frankfurt in the future, you can switch back.
    We apologize for the delay and sudden notice. We did not initially have enough space in Amsterdam to complete migrations. Please know that this is absolutely necessary at this point, as quality of service in the Frankfurt datacenter has regressed and it is no longer acceptable, therefore we are switching partners.

Thank you for understanding, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

I (had?) have my Facebook bot running on that GERKVM1, Facebook already learned that this is a 'human' (aka stopped forcing me to change password every few days) and it was smooth. Now my 'human' will migrate to Amsterdam and I gonna play this stupid game again.

also I really hope it will be few hours of downtime - I need that bot in like 7 hours. I guess gonna set alarm clock for 6 hours and migrate that thing if needed. Damn you hardware, wanted good night sleep!

scratch that, I have that thing on GERKVM6, on GERKVM1 I have useless idler. +1 hour on alarm clock, thanks hardware!

@JabJab said: I (had?) have my Facebook bot running on that GERKVM1, Facebook already learned that this is a 'human' (aka stopped forcing me to change password every few days) and it was smooth. Now my 'human' will migrate to Amsterdam and I gonna play this stupid game again.

Yeah we try our best to accommodate avoiding IP changes as a result, and there's other issues as well, but it's unavoidable here.

@JabJab said: also I really hope it will be few hours of downtime - I need that bot in like 7 hours. I guess gonna set alarm clock for 6 hours and migrate that thing if needed. Damn you hardware, wanted good night sleep

We're doing these in a way where downtime is minimized. There's usually two ways we do migrations, and when we can we do it in a way where each VM has it's own power cycle/migration. More manual work involved. In this case we're doing it this way in case it crashes mid-migration to reduce any damage or having to start over.

These servers are in really bad shape, and support is virtually non-existent with the current provider.

@JabJab let me know your hostname or some identifying piece of information and I'll process yours in that it'll be available in 6 hours.

• @VirMach said: @JabJab let me know your hostname or some identifying piece of information and I'll process yours in that it'll be available in 6 hours.

Thanks for the offer! Turns out I have that on GERKVM6 not GERKVM1. Never realized one of the idlers is on GER too - was pretty sure I had only one there. Crisis avoided.

I guess I should probably migrate that GERKVM6 to AMS too? ^.-

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2021

• Hi

• Hello.

• नमस्ते