Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 160
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• I got my ip banned for you @VirMach

• @donli said:

@raistlin_mujo said:
    @VirMach Hello, I haved PMed @FAT32 in LET to order the following offers, how and when can I pay the bill?

Have you checked the account associated with the Email address you sent FAT32 to see if the order has appeared yet?

Yes, I have checked the account several times and it didn't make any sense.

• dosaidosai Member
    edited November 2018

$4.70/yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 512MB RAM
    CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 2000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION CHICAGO, IL LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

@VirMach can I have this offer please? I didn't get any from the flash deals.

• @dosai said:
    $4.70/yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 512MB RAM
    CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 2000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION CHICAGO, IL LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

@VirMach can I have this offer please? I didn't get any from the flash deals.

I don't think so. but good luck.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2018

@Edmond said: I WON!
    @wtfcook said: Congrats!

+1

Thanked by 1wtfcook
  • @ddhhz said:

I got my ip banned for you @VirMach

same here

• @virmach now you need a cancellation auction, where you make a flash offer, and those wishing to bid on it cancel one of their black friday VMs. The largest spec cancellation wins the offer. >:-D

• @randomq said:
    @virmach now you need a cancellation auction, where you make a flash offer, and those wishing to bid on it cancel one of their black friday VMs. The largest spec cancellation wins the offer. >:-D

They should actually just do more of something similar to what they did during the flash sales. Announce VPS at a price, then drop the price every minute or two until the quantity available is gone.

• @randomq said:
    @virmach now you need a cancellation auction, where you make a flash offer, and those wishing to bid on it cancel one of their black friday VMs. The largest spec cancellation wins the offer. >:-D

Don't give them any more ideas!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Oh no I am not here when the easter egg is released
    I was in a meeting just now :(

• @FAT32 said:
    Oh no I am not here when the easter egg is released
    I was in a meeting just now :(

Hm. Yeah.
    Timing is crucial.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2018

raistlin_mujo said: VirMach Hello, I haved PMed @FAT32 in LET to order the following offers, how and when can I pay the bill?

When someone gets invoiced I expect they will post.
    Then we can all run to the billing panel and crash it in an orderly fashion.

Thanked by 1crpatel
  • XeiXei Member
    edited November 2018

I really like VirMach's professionalism. My system is good for the price and the network seems alright, and they clearly said all sales are final/non-refundable etc. Maybe next year I'll try out one of their standard BF offers, which I think are generally better than the flash deals plus you don't have to wait.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • Waiting is the fun right? World does not feel the same anymore......

• @balaji_pitchumani said:
    Waiting is the fun right? World does not feel the same anymore......

Like alcoholics when the bars close.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @Xei said:
    Maybe next year I'll try out one of their standard BF offers, which I think are generally better than the flash deals plus you don't have to wait.

I went the other way... I picked up a Pro+ in LA right away from the LEB offer because I didn't want to spend forever looking for something similar in LA or San Jose in a flash deal. I checked back over the weekend and realized there were a ton of flash deals I was interested in, and wished I would've been following the flash sales the entire time.

• @Edmond said:

@eol said:
    BUFPROMOONLY12MO in part 1.
    Dead now.

Strange, I found it in part 2 of the eggs...

Lol...I guess I'm dense....I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

Thanked by 1Xei
  • @just4sc said:

@Edmond said:

@eol said:
    Dead now.

There was a coupon "easter egg" hidden in all the pastebin links that were in the VirMach posts with all the little egg pictures back on page 95 of this thread.

Thanked by 2Xei just4sc
  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited November 2018

@just4sc said:

@Edmond said:

@eol said:
    Dead now.

So Virmach put up four posts worth of eggs. One egg had a coupon code for 100% off the KVM VPS with 32GB for one year. The exact specifications are as followed:

32GB DEDICATED RAM // 8 DEDICATED vCORE // 500GB SSD (HW RAID 10) // DDoS Protection // 10TB BANDWIDTH// 1GBPS

I found the code to do that first by googling for addons to do so. Used that to find it, this is how my page looked like when I got it done:

Green = valid link. Clicked on that egg, took the code and rushed to checkout. :)

Edit: I'm now wondering how people are getting themselves IP banned when I let my browser crawl all of Virmach's eggs very rapidly just to get 404s on almost all of them and still Pastebin was okay with it.
    Now the excitement comes when I get that server activated, this is going to be fun! Ideas to prevent dedicated resources from being idle?

Thanked by 3eol donli just4sc
  • @donli said:

@balaji_pitchumani said:
    Waiting is the fun right? World does not feel the same anymore......

Like alcoholics when the bars close.

very true

• @Edmond said:

@just4sc said:

@Edmond said:

@eol said:
    Dead now.

So Virmach put up four posts worth of eggs. One egg had a coupon code for 100% off the KVM VPS with 32GB for one year. The exact specifications are as followed:

32GB DEDICATED RAM // 8 DEDICATED vCORE // 500GB SSD (HW RAID 10) // DDoS Protection // 10TB BANDWIDTH// 1GBPS

I found the code to do that first by googling for addons to do so. Used that to find it, this is how my page looked like when I got it done:

Green = valid link. Clicked on that egg, took the code and rushed to checkout. :)

Not bad.

I saved the page, then ran a couple of commands in bash.
    Those would extract the pastebin links from the webpage and then wget them in a loop.
    Only the working link would get downloaded.

Code is on page 95.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2910245/#Comment_2910245

Thanked by 3Edmond FrankZ Falzo
  • XeiXei Member
    edited November 2018

I should get the smart guys here to write trivial scripts for me cause I'm thay bad. :"p

@eol @Edmond

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Xei said:
    I should get the smart guys here to write trivial scripts for me cause I'm thay bad. :"p

@eol @Edmond

I'm not smart, I'm lazy, I just googled my answer basically.... Apparently people have these sort of things to verify that people's sites don't have dead links.

Thanked by 1just4sc
  • I‘m too late for this one anyway, but I feel a bit embarrassed to admit that I simply look at the respective posting‘s raw html and do the parsing in „brain 1.0“

• southysouthy Member
    edited November 2018

@VirMach said:

Higher prices, fewer spammers. Our regular plans start as low as $1 per month. To a spammer that's (I assume) a large enough profit margin to where even if they're caught within a few days they keep coming back.

I understand.

They have much more complex operations than you would think, it's weird.

. So that’s then presumably also explaining the interest on the Chinese forums as @FAT32 reported?
    I seem to be not creative enough to succeed in the twi-light zone

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach I know you have a long list of PMs but there are a few more requests for $3/yr and $4.7/yr that comes slightly late which I have just PMed you, please take a look, thanks!

By slightly late, it is still on the allowed timeframe in that day so don't worry.

• @southy said:
    I‘m too late for this one anyway, but I feel a bit embarrassed to admit that I simply look at the respective posting‘s raw html and do the parsing in „brain 1.0“

This will take ages.

• The CPU clock speed has been fixed on my openVZ VPS

Thanked by 2eol pullangcubo
  • TomBGTomBG Member
    edited November 2018

The most interesting question to me is where was the original SSD32G easter egg since I came out with a ton of coupon code ideas (that could be used in future promos) but none of them worked :)

Thanked by 1xddxdd
  • @VirMach Please check my PM