Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 157
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @JohnMiller92 said:

@MikePT said:
    Come on folks let's get this to 100 pages!

Agreed. We have to get this to at least 100k views! My life would feel uncomplete if not

Yea?

• @jetchirag said:

@JohnMiller92 said:

@MikePT said:
    Come on folks let's get this to 100 pages!

Agreed. We have to get this to at least 100k views! My life would feel uncomplete if not

Yea?

Discuss one lowendtalk internal political issue, we'll reach 200

Or lets diss cc

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I really appreciate my new VirMach oVZ Box.

It's really fast.
    CPU: 2x Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 210MHz

• @benj0x said:
    It's really fast... 210MHz

?

• @eol said:

@benj0x said:
    It's really fast... 210MHz

?

Sarcasm

Thanked by 2eol Daniel15
  • @benj0x said:
    I really appreciate my new VirMach oVZ Box.

It's really fast.

@VirMach had mentioned this was a glitch that was going to get fixed. Be patient for a week :smiley:

• @solaire said:
    Sarcasm

Thanks.
    I am slooow today, lack of sleep.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@okgoogle said:
    not ssd and not 10gigabit.. for the price.. its expected though..

Its full ssd. Only storage vps arent.

• I'm still wondering how could @VirMach sell VPS in BF deals with such crazy price.
    As stated in their page, the normal price for 4GB VPS is $20/MONTH. But in BF deals they sell at $26/YEAR.
    1 year price is almost same with 1 month price...

• imokimok Member
    edited November 2018

jholycloud said:
    I'm still wondering how could @VirMach sell VPS in BF deals with such crazy price.
    As stated in their page, the normal price for 4GB VPS is $20/MONTH. But in BF deals they sell at $26/YEAR give for free.

Fixed.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2018

Curious about that too. If they sold only a very limited number of VPS it could be understandable, but it seems like the volume sold during this BF is huge. Maybe it's not that big compared to what they sell all year long, and they use this kind of promo as a marketing opportunity while they have enough "normal price" customers to keep the boat afloat... (Or they have a very competitive pricing from CC?)

• @JabJab said:

VirMach said: I'll try to continue answering everyone on this thread. Round 2 of replies coming soon.

That was like 8 hours ago? I trusted you VirMach, I trusted you again. I never learn, trolled again ;<
    On serious note: How many easter eggs left? ;-) Any clues? CloudFlare limits off, can we bruteforce the code?

eol said: Looks like they figured it out by now.

Nooooooooo! This is not how it was supposed to go. I google-translated that topic, it makes no sense i 99%.

Smoking? Wedding reception?
    To lose your temper, make the next one into a knife

WAT?

JohnMiller92 said: Agreed. We have to get this to at least 100k views! My life would feel uncomplete if not

Will you commit sudoku if not 100k views?

200k views is a game of chess?

• $10.00 /yr
    KVM – 10 GIGABIT + EXTRA IP
    2048MB RAM
    4x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1000GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    2 DEDICATED IPv4

Selling one of this. PM offer. (Should at least cover base + transfer fee). I will pick the higher offer in a week or two.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@AlwaysSkint said:
    For those who wanted EU, the IP allocation in USA is fubar- geolocation for my impulse buy is Frankfurt. A wee bit far away from Dallas, methinks.

Those tend to be wrong by geolocation tools because they go by the "main" company that owns the IPs sometimes, and not the ARIN details. If you contact us we can usually submit a request and they may or may not cooperate.

For example, MaxMind has given us problems in the past because since we sell VPNs, they think we're lying about the actual location of the server.

@Daniel15 said:
    Only thing I'm not a fan of at VirMach is that Windows imaging is manual rather than being able to do it through SolusVM. I created a ticket to get Windows Server 2016 and support installed 2008 so now I need to wait for them to reply again :dizzy:

Oh well.

Thanks for the awesome sale @VirMach! That was a wild ride.

We're not a fan of that either. @SolusVM can you please add the ability to queue operating system installs so nodes don't overload if three people try to re-install at once?

bond said: @VirMach I'm having a tough time going about my day, waiting for Paid Invoice #470764 to go active so I can play with my new toy.

Most if not all of these should be done by now, unless invoices aren't paid. For those, we need people to contact us so we can manually apply the transactions. Since yours is paid, you're good.

goodone said: But I TOOK IT For $24!!! hopefully you don't suspend my vps! I am new user under virmach but I will just use them for my website development purpose. I heard so many negative review how you randomly auto suspend user because of abusing resources.

For specials, we are usually a little bit more strict, however, our automatic script will always at minimum (1) ignore high usage during the initial setup of your VM, (2) throw out the first case of high usage, (3) contact you on the second case, (4) shut you down on the fourth case, and then if some other variables are met (5) suspend you.

It may skip to step (4) if you're also causing the node to overload. It has way more leniency, so if this happens you're most likely actually actively negatively affecting everyone to an extreme level, at a bad time.

@oriend said:
    Guys I don't want to bother VirMach support since they probably have hundreds of tickets, so if someone can answer me here. I've installed ubuntu desktop and tried to login with putty port 22 SSH type and username root, password the one which solus showed before reinstallation, but when I enter the password, I get access denied every time. Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry for the question here, this is my first Linux VPS. I have Win VPS, but never had problem like this.

Default port is different for that specific package, it's port 6000.> @chaoszero112 said:

@Daniel15 said:
    Only thing I'm not a fan of at VirMach is that Windows imaging is manual rather than being able to do it through SolusVM. I created a ticket to get Windows Server 2016 and support installed 2008 so now I need to wait for them to reply again :dizzy:

I see the options to reinstall windows

Is that by any chance on your KVM Special 4?> @JabJab said:

I see @VirMach went pretty nuts in last few offers. (We still have SSD32G easter egg valid if someone can figure it out and urban legends says there is one more easter egg, that no one noticed). Even including our favorite authors in this topic :-).

The only thing that makes me sad (ok, on top of not sniping last few deals)... it's this. So close, yet so far... I guess next Black Friday.

Special (NOT Flash) deals are still live! They are decent most of the times, not "EPIC GOOD", but still pretty nice.
    https://virmach.com/special-offers/

I'll give out a hint to keep the juices flowing. The more obvious easter egg is not the SSD32G one. If you find that one, the SSD32G easter egg is vaguely related.

• VirMach said: We're not a fan of that either. @SolusVM can you please add the ability to queue operating system installs so nodes don't overload if three people try to re-install at once?

While we're complaining about SolusVM... Why does it not support two-factor auth?! I feel insecure without it :(

• @VirMach I'm just wondering how long does it take to activate a service? It has been 5 days but the service is still pending! Invoice #458800, Please!

• @VirMach thank you for clarification! I managed to login a bit after I posted, on port 22, but Ubuntu wanted update, so didn't bother. Also, thanks for this great offer. It made me want to play around with linux VPS.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @VirMach any update on 0.93 offer ? haven't received any reply neither do I see any invoice to pay.

edited December 2019

@solaire said:
    I think this Windows installation only works in Buffalo?

It's for larger packages only.

muffin said: Yeah, I’m pretty sure you have to be a 6-month paying customer. Not really sure, maybe @VirMach can clear the confusion

The person transferring the service out needs to be a customer for at least 6 months to establish a payment history that isn't charged back. We want to prevent any transferring of service followed by a chargeback.

@Xei said:
    What was the deal with the throttled CPU? I heard they were fixing it, do we need to ticket it?

CPU : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    Cores : 3
    Clock : 666 Mhz

We're fixing all of these today.> @Crab said:

@VirMach said:
    Everyone, we're going through private message deals now. @Crab @corbpie @RootMuppet @lookingbad @balaji_pitchumani @sonic @soluf @scorcher9 @MeatSection
    Please private message in the same PM thread your VirMach e-mail for the 6GB deal. Since we're short on time please also include a quote of your post within the time-frame so we can verify you posted around that time.

@VirMach Is this still pending? I haven't seen any responses to my PMs.

Sorry if it was addressed before, but there are so many pages on this thread and I haven't seen it discussed since.

We will not reply to PMs. We did compile a list, and we are generating these ASAP.

Thanked by 1Crab
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2018

Just setting up Windows Server on a ridiculously powerful VPS I got on Sunday (4x vCores at 3Ghz, 10 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD, on node NY10GKVM73) and it feels significantly faster than one of the other servers I picked up (2x vCores, 6 GB RAM, 50 GB SSD, on node NY10GKVM44). I'm in California and both VPSes are in Buffalo, but the more powerful one has basically no lag over RDP at all and apps open very quickly, while the other one stutters a bit over RDP and apps take longer to open. I wonder if the extra cores or 3GHz processor are the reason for the difference, or if the newer server is just under less load compared to the other one. Interesting. @VirMach Any thoughts on that?

edited December 2019

pullangcubo said: I really don't remember @VirMach's flash deals last year to be this crazy!

Last year we had lower stock levels.

uptime said: @VirMach - I also noticed a frequent connection to Facebook during the ordering process. Wondering what was up with that? (I don't use Facebook, and would prefer not to be used by Facebook.) I ain't mad though. Just curious. And impressed.

That's either Facebook Pixel, or maybe our live chat -- I believe it lets (if enabled) customers sign in to chat from messenger... maybe. We do also have WHMCS that may have login with Facebook (even though we're not displaying it), as well as an old (probably not displaying either), Facebook like button somewhere.

@ytyabc said:
    Anyone still have Re-install OS option in Client Area after login?

We disabled this until we split off OVZ/KVM plans properly. Still works in SolusVM.

Daniel15 said: I wonder if the extra cores or 3GHz processor are the reason for the difference, or if the newer server is just under less load compared to the other one.

When we've tested our services in the past, I definitely notice a jump between the lower packages and the top-of-the-line stuff. I think it's Windows accelerating everything better with more cores.

I've also had some personal projects in the past on E3's and the version of Windows matters as well. For example, on 2008 my program ran better while it stuttered, but on 2012 it looked better and smoothe while it used more resources (and in turn reduced the performance.)

• VirMach said: For specials, we are usually a little bit more strict, however, our automatic script will always at minimum (1) ignore high usage during the initial setup of your VM, (2) throw out the first case of high usage, (3) contact you on the second case, (4) shut you down on the fourth case, and then if some other variables are met (5) suspend you.

When the server is shut down (4) it's then possible to restart it manually from the console? Does it restart automatically after a specific amount of time? Thanks!

Thanked by 3Jake4 RecD muffin
  • datanoise said: When the server is shut down (4) it's then possible to restart it manually from the console? Does it restart automatically after a specific amount of time? Thanks!

Dewlance will be suing you over autoboot momentarily

• You can't really compare the two. Dewlance is a profecianal.

• @VirMach said:
    I may regret this later, but anyone who posted on this thread from page 21 until this exact post, please private message me with your VIrMach e-mail and we'll see what we can do. Please be patient though.

Will you honor the 0.95 offer from pages 22-23? Are there any other instructions besides the private messages sent?

• I want to get the elite or pro Plan with the blackfriday deal however all the EU locations are sold out. Do you think I could be moved later for free?

edited December 2019

tetech said: So far, having a different SolusVM login for each server is a pain, and I can't set rDNS without a ticket, but nothing fatal.

Once the billing-side controls are fixed (for the flash specials) you should be able to do everything from one account which is your client area. We split accounts because it's easier for us, resellers, and some customers prefer it. This also makes it easier to transfer services should someone request that. We do allow people to merge accounts on most larger "regular" packages. If we get any improvements on SolusVM's side there could probably be a better third option for everyone.

We have the ability to automate rDNS requests, but that would skyrocket spam. Maybe one day once we beef up our system to automate curbing spammers.

pullangcubo said: Leftovers as they may be, they also need love. Spin them up as new flash deals! Just give us a heads up so we can beat those Ch...other non-LET-izens

I've actually thought about it but it would have to be unannounced so those that are still active on the thread could get them.

Maybe if we catch up with the tickets first. It is cyber week after all, plus we need to get to page 100.

sibaper said: please stop the deal already!

I've enough server.

Sorry, don't read above.

@Xei said:

@VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:
    Someone is requesting to buy the FAT32 special at market price of $127.74 (888 RMB) in Chinese forum now

@FAT32 said:

@southy said:

@FAT32 so someone is actually selling the 8x8x8 box to chinese? Or do they just want to buy?

Someone requesting to buy, but no one seems to be interested to sell yet because they think it can be higher.

If only people bought it that much from us, we could actually afford to pay our bills. The "retail" price of that package would probably be somewhere around $800/yr.

Virmach cannot pay their bills? :-/

Oh boy, I'm going to get in trouble again.

donli said: Each server you buy decreases their Bitcoin farm and costs them money.

We figured if so many people are buying our Micro+ to mine XMR, we should too!

andredoc said: there is still christmas and new years promos

December 1st to January 1st flash deals?

JabJab said: Nooooooooo! This is not how it was supposed to go. I google-translated that topic, it makes no sense i 99%.

Last time I went on there they were talking about chickens. I guess that's slang for VPS?

benj0x said: I really appreciate my new VirMach oVZ Box.

It's really fast.

That's faster than my first computer. Actually, no that might have been 800MHz. Don't worry, we'll get you up to at least 300.

@okgoogle said:
    not ssd and not 10gigabit.. for the price.. its expected though..

Did we say SSD? Sorry, it's actually tape drives. We've been making extreme improvements to our services and figured out how to integrate a VCR.

jholycloud said: I'm still wondering how could @VirMach sell VPS in BF deals with such crazy price.

We keep trying to go out of business, but it doesn't happen.

jholycloud said: As stated in their page, the normal price for 4GB VPS is $20/MONTH. But in BF deals they sell at $26/YEAR.

1 year price is almost same with 1 month price...

Our servers are empty 90% of the year so it all checks out.

datanoise said: Maybe it's not that big compared to what they sell all year long

On a serious note, we don't want people to actually be worried. This is the answer.

Daniel15 said: While we're complaining about SolusVM... Why does it not support two-factor auth?! I feel insecure without it

While we're talking about SolusVM, why doesn't it have:

• a functional snapshot/backup+restore system for customer
    • a custom ISO mount option for customers
    • any kind of load balancing system
    • block storage
    • ability to create more than a couple VMs at once without breaking
    • load balancer
    • floating IPs
    • letting customers migrate or change IP
    • having a proper database table structure
    • having a good API so we could do any of the above
    • meaningful updates

I mean I'm not saying we pay them enough to hire a developer to make our own panel, but we pay them enough to hire a developer to make our own panel. So you'd think they would use any of that money for improvements. Let's see what Plesk does.

vimslim said: @VirMach I'm just wondering how long does it take to activate a service? It has been 5 days but the service is still pending! Invoice #458800, Please!

You're one of the lucky 70~ people.

samm said: @VirMach any update on 0.93 offer ? haven't received any reply neither do I see any invoice to pay.

After the 70 above.

datanoise said: When the server is shut down (4) it's then possible to restart it manually from the console? Does it restart automatically after a specific amount of time? Thanks!

You can start it back up. We don't start it automatically in case your program auto-launched and goes to high usage levels.

default said: Will you honor the 0.95 offer from pages 22-23? Are there any other instructions besides the private messages sent?

We already have a list of these, we're just doing them last.

edited December 2019

sandro said: Do you think I could be moved later

Yup

sandro said: for free?

Nope

• @VirMach said:

I've actually thought about it but it would have to be unannounced so those that are still active on the thread could get them.

:neutral:

default said: Will you honor the 0.95 offer from pages 22-23? Are there any other instructions besides the private messages sent?

We already have a list of these, we're just doing them last.

Add me. Please :smile:

• VirMach said: I mean I'm not saying we pay them enough to hire a developer to make our own panel, but we pay them enough to hire a developer to make our own panel.

Wow, I didn't realise there were so many limitations with SolusVM. I guess that's why some providers build their own panel instead of using it.