Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 156
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• XeiXei Member
    edited November 2018

@smile said:
    what's everyone's using for their os that is not windows? The os templates are so old I requested they update it.

Tbh it was my first time using Colocrossing and it's okay but not something I would normally use. Ultimately I'll just let it expire. I may try to do some random development once in a while on it until then.

• I missed a few deals I was pretty excited for and most of the best deals, but I'm still very pleased with the sale overall. I grabbed 2-3 packages that are a great fit for me at better than I expected to pay, and I'm already looking forward to next year.

• At first the Black Friday here at LET felt a little weaker than last year. I missed that "one thread madness" from 2017 where offers were sent out from different providers in the same thread. The VirMach thread however stepped up and made it worth hammering the F5 button the whole weekend :)

Still a bit bummed I missed that FAT32-deal for $8/y, but managed to snap that $10/y 4 Core KVM deal that was posted just before that.

Thanks @VirMach and all you guys here at LET!

Thanked by 2pullangcubo VirMach
  • muffinmuffin Member
    edited November 2018

Also, just a friendly reminder, anyone could scam you over, so I suggest that before paying, to ask for some kind of proof and/or a ticket from customers support in virmach that transfer is possible or something.

• I got 5 VMs. This is my first time as a VirMach customer, and for me it is going to come down to reliability, so I'll reserve judgement. I'll probably put two into use and either offload the other three or put them into an HAProxy cluster where it doesn't matter too much if one goes down.

So far, having a different SolusVM login for each server is a pain, and I can't set rDNS without a ticket, but nothing fatal.

• I just had to grab this one yesterday, hoping it'd show up as "shitweasel" on my invoice.

Thanked by 1eol
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2018

Thanks to all involved. I had a great time again this year. Although I didn't miss any sleep like some of you, I still got to share in the deals. :wink:

tetech said: This is my first time as a VirMach customer, and for me it is going to come down to reliability

I have been using them for three years or so. IMHO for the last two years reliability of their KVM VPS's have been surprisingly good. (292 days uptime with two minute monitoring)

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:
    Checkout and gone what

@ePAN said:

@brueggus said:
    $8.00 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – @FAT32 SPECIAL
    WINDOWS WINDOWS AVAILABLE
    RAM 8192MB RAM
    CPU 8x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 80GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 8000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 8 DEDICATED IPv4

Fake offer :)
    Gone in one second!

@FAT32 said:
    Don't worry, I couldn't get the deal either

@limited said:
    Stock: 0
    Press to publish deal

That last one actually got clicked so many times at once that WHMCS didn't even do stock control correctly and we sold higher than the quantity available. No worries, we'll still activate all of them.

@nullnothere said:
    @VirMach - it's only fair that @FAT32 gets his deal. I hope that'll happen.

@saibal said:

nullnothere said:
    VirMach - it's only fair that @FAT32 gets his deal. I hope that'll happen.

Please make this happen @VirMach

We'll definitely do something for (some of) the people that helped out.

@Daniel15 said:

Feel free to use this thread to trade services with each other

@VirMach Do you charge a transfer fee? I now have a spare VPS that I'd love to just give away to someone as I got another one with better specs.

Yes we do, the standard support rate. It'll basically be somewhere between $3 and $5.

@mycloud said:
    So anyone got the @FAT32 special? The 8CPU8RAM80G8T8IP one.

@bond said:
    It went so fast, don't think anyone got it the $8

But I got the $24, kinda, still pending, I want to see it Active to celebrate

Since the disk was 80GB, the quantity was lower than usual. This was on a server that had around 700GB disk left, but we sold a little bit more than expected. We'll create anyone else (a few people) on another server.

@pullangcubo said:
    @VirMach How may stocks were there for the FAT32 special?

@ytyabc said:

@pullangcubo said:
    @VirMach How may stocks were there for the FAT32 special?

8 or 18 maybe

It was 8 in all fields (8GB, 8 Core, 8TB, 8 IPs, $8, 8 quantity) but the system bugged out and sold at least 6 (last I checked) more.

@Irbyz said:
    @VirMach I was waiting for a deal in Piscataway the whole time.
    Could've at least said there won't be any :(

There were 34 deals in Piscataway. I guess you just missed them all -- they definitely weren't any at the end. I was manually going through the leftovers.

@pullangcubo said:
    Dammit, I shouldn't have counted 30 before clicking the Checkout button hahaha!

@FAT32 said:

@pullangcubo said:
    Dammit, I shouldn't have counted 30 before clicking the Checkout button hahaha!

Same, I am quite afraid of being IP banned instead

We almost lifted it for the last couple offers but we figured more people would complain about the site breaking if we didn't.

@FAT32 said:
    Someone is requesting to buy the FAT32 special at market price of $127.74 (888 RMB) in Chinese forum now

@FAT32 said:

@southy said:

@FAT32 so someone is actually selling the 8x8x8 box to chinese? Or do they just want to buy?

Someone requesting to buy, but no one seems to be interested to sell yet because they think it can be higher.

If only people bought it that much from us, we could actually afford to pay our bills. The "retail" price of that package would probably be somewhere around $800/yr.

TimboJones said: Ok, so migrations of your own server is not allowed, but loophole, you can trade with someone else for $3? Nice.

Yeah that's a good way to get the location you want, because we can't migrate from servers since each offer is specific to that server.

southy said: Speculation with VPS, that’s new.
    Could be the next bitcoin.

You mean it'll go up to $127.74 and then crash to $25.80? That's still not bad I guess.

southy said: And why would anyone do that - wouldn’t it be cheaper to just get a few dedi boxes and do the job yourself?

Shhh

@scottf said:
    Let the flash resales begin!

It would be pretty cool to have a flash resale system after flash deals end next year, but then I'm afraid no one can ever leave.

I'll try to continue answering everyone on this thread. Round 2 of replies coming soon.

• @VirMach said:
    ...I was manually going through the leftovers.

Leftovers as they may be, they also need love. Spin them up as new flash deals! Just give us a heads up so we can beat those Ch...other non-LET-izens :lol:

• @VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:
    Someone is requesting to buy the FAT32 special at market price of $127.74 (888 RMB) in Chinese forum now

@FAT32 said:

@southy said:

@FAT32 so someone is actually selling the 8x8x8 box to chinese? Or do they just want to buy?

Someone requesting to buy, but no one seems to be interested to sell yet because they think it can be higher.

If only people bought it that much from us, we could actually afford to pay our bills. The "retail" price of that package would probably be somewhere around $800/yr.

Virmach cannot pay their bills? :-/

• Hey @VirMach get me a response to that PM now that the deals are off, will you?
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/messages/204559#Message_1114968

• Xei said: Virmach cannot pay their bills? :-/

Depends if this BF sales is just a way to get rid of left over capacity or if it's the biggest activity of the year for the company... (Also depends how many customers buy and let the box offline or idling and how many try to actually use it... the more idlers the better for overselling - and these "too good to be true" deals have a "let's buy it even if I have no use for it" effect).

• @Xei said:

Virmach cannot pay their bills? :-/

Each server you buy decreases their Bitcoin farm and costs them money.

• Donli got it. They saw bitcoin is in the bear market, so they decided to get more profitable thing.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:

You sure it is not $888/yr?

Anyway Chinese really like it because of the "8" in Chinese means prosperity, so they are willing to pay high. They even praise how hard you guys have done to accommodate the Chinese market. (And I also like the number as well)

They dont mind the "setup fee" if recurring is cheap.

• please stop the deal already!

I've enough server.

• @Irbyz said:

Got one in Piscataway before the $24 deal.
    Windows KVM
    5GB Ram
    50GB SSD
    1 x core
    1/2 TB Bandwidth

$36.xx/year

PM me if you interested

• Where's the offers? bring more offers!!!!!

• @zafouhar said:
    Where's the offers? bring more offers!!!!!

Serenity now

Thanked by 1southy
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited November 2018

I still can't believe people got that $8/yr VPS LOL. Just bonkers

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Come on folks let's get this to 100 pages!

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

If someone is interested, I do have a spare VPS in Frankfurt from last year's BF which I just recently renewed.

• 2 vCPU
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 30 GB SSD
    • 2 TB Traffic
    • ServerHub Frankfurt

Great box - but I want to reduce my number of idling VPS. :) Next due date 11/24/2019 and it renews for only 26 USD. I am willing to transfer it to someone else for 30 EUR (SEPA, Stripe, PayPal) including all processing fees. PM if interested.

• @zafouhar said:
    Where's the offers? bring more offers!!!!!

Half of us are broke and @VirMach is most likely already on the plane to the Maledives, so: enough is enough.

Thanked by 3ehab VirMach uptime
  • eoleol Member
    edited November 2018

More shitweasel offers please.

EDIT:
    Looks like they figured it out by now.
    https://www.hostloc.com/thread-498144-1-1.html

Thanked by 2Yura JabJab
  • YuraYura Member
    edited November 2018

Taking PMs for The "Frankfurt" one, paypal only. Valid until I get paycheck and changed my mind :persevere:

highly sought after European server said:

$30.00 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    WINDOWS WINDOWS AVAILABLE
    RAM 4096MB RAM
    CPU 3x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 40GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 2000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION FRANKFURT, DE LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

no exchanges

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited November 2018

@MikePT said:
    Come on folks let's get this to 100 pages!

Agreed. We have to get this to at least 100k views! My life would feel uncomplete if not

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • VirMach said: I'll try to continue answering everyone on this thread. Round 2 of replies coming soon.

That was like 8 hours ago? I trusted you VirMach, I trusted you again. I never learn, trolled again ;<
    On serious note: How many easter eggs left? ;-) Any clues? CloudFlare limits off, can we bruteforce the code?

eol said: Looks like they figured it out by now.

Nooooooooo! This is not how it was supposed to go. I google-translated that topic, it makes no sense i 99%.

Smoking? Wedding reception?
    To lose your temper, make the next one into a knife

WAT?

JohnMiller92 said: Agreed. We have to get this to at least 100k views! My life would feel uncomplete if not

Will you commit sudoku if not 100k views?

• Certainly the best provider this black friday and cyber monday, and there is still christmas and new years promos

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • not ssd and not 10gigabit.. for the price.. its expected though..

• IrbyzIrbyz Member
    edited November 2018

@VirMach said:

@Irbyz said:

There were 34 deals in Piscataway. I guess you just missed them all -- they definitely weren't any at >the end. I was manually going through the leftovers.

Yeah, I meant at the end, sorry.

jholycloud said: Got one in Piscataway before the $24 deal.
    Windows KVM
    5GB Ram
    50GB SSD
    1 x core
    1/2 TB Bandwidth

$36.xx/year

PM me if you interested

Thanks, but that's way more resources than I need. 1 core, 512Mb-1Gb RAM and 10-15Gb SSD is enough for my needs.