Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 155
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• So, how much to transfer a vm to a different datacenter?

• TravTrav Member
    edited November 2018

Thanks to the entire @VirMach team for the incredible sale! See you next year. Go get some rest!

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • @randomq said:
    So, how much to transfer a vm to a different datacenter?

@VirMach previously stated no datacenter transfers for specials.

• I didn't buy anything :(

• XeiXei Member
    edited November 2018

What was the deal with the throttled CPU? I heard they were fixing it, do we need to ticket it?

CPU : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    Cores : 3
    Clock : 666 Mhz

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2018

@Xei said:
    What was the deal with the throttled CPU? I heard they were fixing it, do we need to ticket it?

CPU : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    Cores : 3
    Clock : 666 Mhz

@VirMach specifically asked not to ticket - said they were working their way through them this week.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • @VirMach said:
    Everyone, we're going through private message deals now. @Crab @corbpie @RootMuppet @lookingbad @balaji_pitchumani @sonic @soluf @scorcher9 @MeatSection
    Please private message in the same PM thread your VirMach e-mail for the 6GB deal. Since we're short on time please also include a quote of your post within the time-frame so we can verify you posted around that time.

@VirMach Is this still pending? I haven't seen any responses to my PMs.

Sorry if it was addressed before, but there are so many pages on this thread and I haven't seen it discussed since.

• @crab @virmach said that they won't respond, rather just create an invoice for it.

Thanked by 1Crab
  • scorcher9scorcher9 Member
    edited November 2018

Crab said: Is this still pending? I haven't seen any responses to my PMs.

@CyberMonday suggested to send a few more PMs in that case.

Nah. JK.

They said they'll generate the orders when they get to it.

Thanked by 1Crab
  • sonicsonic Veteran
    edited November 2018

@Crab said:

@VirMach said:
    Everyone, we're going through private message deals now. @Crab @corbpie @RootMuppet @lookingbad @balaji_pitchumani @sonic @soluf @scorcher9 @MeatSection
    Please private message in the same PM thread your VirMach e-mail for the 6GB deal. Since we're short on time please also include a quote of your post within the time-frame so we can verify you posted around that time.

@VirMach Is this still pending? I haven't seen any responses to my PMs.

Sorry if it was addressed before, but there are so many pages on this thread and I haven't seen it discussed since.

Dont worry if you paid for that service. I've just received VPS info (24$ 8GB) which was canceled 2 days ago. Thanks @Virmach

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • what's everyone's using for their os that is not windows? The os templates are so old I requested they update it.

• @smile said:
    what's everyone's using for their os that is not windows?

Exemplary.

• southysouthy Member
    edited November 2018

@smile said:
    what's everyone's using for their os that is not windows? The os templates are so old I requested they update it.

I always use CentOS 7.
    Why would that be old? Just kick off an update and be done!?!

It’s just a minimal template anyway, have to install a lot of stuff anyway, depending on your use case. But I prefer that - it’s way easier to simply install what I need compared to fiddle out what’s „too much“ and dependencies and so on.

So I wouldn’t know what more to ask for on the Linux-side of live.

Regarding windows - the not automatic way to re-install, btw. The fact that this seems to be different in different data centers, is a bit of a downturner.
    But I can live with that.

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2018

@smile said:
    what's everyone's using for their os that is not windows? The os templates are so old I requested they update it.

Centos 7 - as minimal as possible.

Thanked by 2southy bakageta
  • @VirMach when can I pay the bill making from @FAT32 namesake order?

• user123user123 Member
    edited November 2018

@Jake4 said:

@user123 said:

@donli said:

@ben47955 said:
    Got the FAT32 offer delivred. Thanks Virmach

Anyone get their $0.95 VPS from the earlier PM offer yet?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2903300/#Comment_2903300 :(

Later on he said that he'll do it after the black Friday deals. Also they said 'we won't be answering them. We will create them, though'

I was fairly sure that that was in reference to one of the other deals that happened with.

Edit: But, I'd love to be wrong about that.

• @donli said:

@ben47955 said:
    Got the FAT32 offer delivred. Thanks Virmach

Anyone get their $0.95 VPS from the earlier PM offer yet?

Which offer?

• @smile said:

If you login to solusvm control panel, reinstall allows newer of templates. I usually use debian 9 minimal.

• So sad,i was sleeping when the last mega deal came out... :neutral:

• @VirMach ... wow.

I am still digesting this experience as if it were a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.

Impressed how quiet the after-market afterparty is right now.

That suggests to me that anyone paying attention mostly got what they wanted, and wanted what they got. Has the reaction finally reached an equilibrium?

Or maybe everyone is just too punch-drunk and comatose to do anything but hunker down for a while before picking through the leftovers / clogging up the toilet before organizing their receipts to harass the clerks at the exchange desk.

Either way, well played. Truly a virtuoso performance of applied behavioral economics ... and lulz.

• donlidonli Member
    edited November 2018

@uptime said:

applied behavioral economics

Yeah, someone's getting their PhD from this.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2018

@smile said:

There are newer ISOs available in SolusVM, just mount one of those then install the OS yourself via VNC. I usually install the newest available Debian, then upgrade it to the testing version ("buster") to get newer packages.

If you prefer Ubuntu, there's an 18.04 ISO available too.

Side note: If the SolusVM control panel link on the billing site doesn't work (just redirects to a login page), get the username from the welcome email (looks like "kvmspecxxxxxxx") then reset the password here: https://solusvm.virmach.com/lostpassword.php

• @FAT32 said:
    The more people I saw that got it, the more disappointed I feel, guess I have to block myself from accessing LET

Yeah, I'm bitter myself and a deal WASN'T even named after me lol!

The last couple of flash deals were the reason why you could mistake me for a caveman now and they were...just...gone. The curse of OOS! :cry: :bawling:

@uptime said:
    Impressed how quiet the after-market afterparty is right now.

Most of us are getting the sleep we deprived ourselves of the past few days, including the 3 or 4 VirMach autobots who made sure all deals were documented in this thread. :lol:

I really don't remember @VirMach's flash deals last year to be this crazy!

Thanked by 2uptime angstrom
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2018

@donli said:

@uptime said:

applied behavioral economics

Yeah, someone's getting their PhD from this.

paging Dr. Pavlov Skinner ... please report to the random reinforcement clinic stat!

Taking a look at research such as for instance:

"The neural basis of human error processing: reinforcement learning, dopamine, and the error-related negativity"

... may yield a bit of insight into some of the processes at play here.

@VirMach - I also noticed a frequent connection to Facebook during the ordering process. Wondering what was up with that? (I don't use Facebook, and would prefer not to be used by Facebook.) I ain't mad though. Just curious. And impressed.

Thanked by 2eol angstrom
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2018

uptime said: I also noticed a frequent connection to Facebook during the ordering process. Wondering what was up with that?

It's likely the Facebook Pixel, for conversion and impression tracking of ad campaigns, and retargeting (serving your ads to people that have previously viewed your site): https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-ads-pixel

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Good activity, but I have no money

• @FAT32 said:
    The more people I saw that got it, the more disappointed I feel, guess I have to block myself from accessing LET

I also wanted this deal and this deal only. I bought a very good deal last year CM 2017 from VirMach and wanted this one so I can transfer my site to it. I had legitimate use and not for reselling.

• Anyone still have Re-install OS option in Client Area after login?

• @alilet said:

@FAT32 said:

I also wanted this deal and this deal only. I bought a very good deal last year CM 2017 from VirMach and wanted this one so I can transfer my site to it. I had legitimate use and not for reselling.

lol. virmach tricked me too. though the 2 ip and under 10 a year was the best for my needs but way to load an unbelievable deal in the last minute. Watch next year; he probably does nothing in the last minute and make all of us have sleep deprivation. At least I got one in la.

• Can't believe it is all over. Thanks a lot for some great offers. Much appreciated @VirMach

Thanked by 1VirMach