Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GalaxyHostPlus - CLOSING DOWN - TIME TO CHARGE BACK - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GalaxyHostPlus - CLOSING DOWN - TIME TO CHARGE BACK

15678911»

Comments

• As I understand the chargeback route causes GHPs PayPal account to get buried by penalties.

A desperate host will be backed into the corner of selling customer lists to god-knows-whom; nobody wants that.

Create a fresh refund ticket maybe, if the old one got buried in the pile. (close the old one)

• nepsneps Member
    edited April 2018

vimalware said: A desperate host will be backed into the corner of selling customer lists to god-knows-whom; nobody wants that.

Whoa, that's a pretty big (and possibly very criminal) leap.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If the Privacy Policy didn’t explicitly acknowledge this it would be a serious breach of law if the UK; You don’t want to mess with the ICO.

• @vimalware said:
    As I understand the chargeback route causes GHPs PayPal account to get buried by penalties.

A desperate host will be backed into the corner of selling customer lists to god-knows-whom; nobody wants that.

Create a fresh refund ticket maybe, if the old one got buried in the pile. (close the old one)

A customer list won't do anything for you anyways. Pretty dumb to buy one rather than put the money in building your own list of leads.

They don't know you at all. If you start emailing someone elses list your going to have an ice cold audience that still needs warmed up anyways.

Plus you know, illegal and all.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

And Will be obsolete in about a month anyway

GDPR

• KoreyKorey Member

@vimalware said:
    As I understand the chargeback route causes GHPs PayPal account to get buried by penalties.

yeah even if they sold the client list, what would they do with it? Send an email?

Would you purchase hosting from a company that emailed you? lol... probably not.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • Update: Removed from the announcement section.

• _David__David_ Member

Hello all,

Anyone other than the € 210 person has been reimbursed? I have not received anything yet, and can not enter the customer area either.

Regards.

• So can we get our money back on this, then? I've emailed GalaxyHostPlus but the email bounced...

• HashTagHashTag Member

Well pooped his reputation over a few grand if something up with new business owners in this generation or what ?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Reputation doesn't matter. As long as price is cheap enough, there will always be blinded dorks who will jump for it. LET has plenty of evidence of it.

They just don't learn.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

David said: Hello all,

Anyone other than the € 210 person has been reimbursed? I have not received anything yet, and can not enter the customer area either.

Regards.

rmeskill said: So can we get our money back on this, then? I've emailed GalaxyHostPlus but the email bounced...

You were advised in the strongest possible terms to charge back, you chose not to so probably not no, dishonest little shit stole your money essentially.

This discussion has been closed.