Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GalaxyHostPlus - CLOSING DOWN - TIME TO CHARGE BACK - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GalaxyHostPlus - CLOSING DOWN - TIME TO CHARGE BACK

Comments

• donlidonli Member
    edited April 2018

@deathlife23 said:
    Oooooh, sorry then.
    My friend bought something for 14 dollars or 14 euros i don't really remember i helped him request a refund yestarday i hope he gets the money back

I think at this point his best bet is to file a claim with the company that processed his method of payment.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

GalaxyHostPlus said: For the loan you need Income

You have a new job, getting a wonga loan is ridiculously simple.

GalaxyHostPlus said: And large debt over 30k+ which makes it even harder.

that's company debt, that is not something declared or even registered against you personally yet given the time frames.

But ok you believe you can fix this in about 24 hours, if you do I will remove this thread and the google cache personally.

• @AnthonySmith said:

that's company debt, that is not something declared or even registered against you personally yet given the time frames.

But ok you believe you can fix this in about 24 hours, if you do I will remove this thread and the google cache personally.

Thanks @AnthonySmith I will ring my old work tomorrow to make sure I make my payment.

As I don't want scam anyone and never was my point or intention just everything went wrong time somehow my DC still haven't cut the services.
    And really sorry for 2 people have to be stressed with large amount.
    At this moment only last person is left with large amount on 210.

I will try my best to resolve this follow up tomorrow.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    this is wrong as this should not happen with these charges I should have not experiment on production environment with PayPal hooks.

No shit.

Thanked by 2WHT WebProject
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2018

@GalaxyHostPlus said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Thanks @AnthonySmith I will ring my old work tomorrow to make sure I make my payment.

As I don't want scam anyone and never was my point or intention just everything went wrong time somehow my DC still haven't cut the services.
    And really sorry for 2 people have to be stressed with large amount.
    At this moment only last person is left with large amount on 210.

I will try my best to resolve this follow up tomorrow.

2 people were affected for big charges as you said but there are many more... Huh.

Please share the module code with us. Its complete bullshit. I have got your information and if you don't refund who ever claims to be billed by "your script", I will report you. Its all bullshit. You liar. Show us the module code.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • I suppose he's trying to pay his debts by using this thing. He's probably taking money from more than three or four guys, probably he's eating up money from all of his customers

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Who needs television when you have LET? Better than Breaking Bad.

• WHTWHT Member

How he can charge from paypal when he want?

Just hit the chargeback, I do not see any issue here in whmcs side.

so the 2 people is now 4.. who saw that coming eh...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

He repeatedly refers to 2 people dealing with large amounts...no mention of how many people are affected by ‘small’ amounts.

• @AnthonySmith said:

I have tried get loan to solve this asp sadly I got declined

Unfortunately we can’t approve your application

We’re extremely sorry we can’t approve this particular application.

Sorry - your application has been declined

• @AnthonySmith said:

Only 2 large charges.

The smaller amount 70% is refunded as mention before probably more as some got disputed and got approved by me or PayPal.
    It's sound worse and worse as this thread goes. hopefully most will be resolved tomorrow depend how much my old work send me. Cannot mention their name until they pay me fully what they own to me.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Chargeback is fully justified in this case.

The end is really nigh.

Thanked by 2WebProject Janevski
  • I will update you guys in 24h Im too stressed today to be online anymore. hopefully I come back with good news tomorrow.

• @GalaxyHostPlus said:
    I will update you guys in 24h Im too stressed today to be online anymore. hopefully I come back with good news tomorrow.

Well, good news is your not gonna die.

Bad news is your credit is fucked until you pay the debt collectors from the (colo company?) and Paypal.

• I can sympathise with the situation you're in, but the charges seem to be far too sporadic to be part of an issue with your WHMCS install. I would have uninstalled the PayPal module in full and simply sent refunds manually through PayPal. You're also failing to sympathise with charged clients who may also be struggling financially.

Would love to be proven wrong and see these customers get paid back tomorrow, but I'm doubtful that it'll be forthcoming.

Best of luck to everyone involved, hopefully the provider can sort out his personal finances and square up customers accidentally charged.

• @YokedEgg said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    I will update you guys in 24h Im too stressed today to be online anymore. hopefully I come back with good news tomorrow.

Well, good news is your not gonna die.

Bad news is your credit is fucked until you pay the debt collectors from the (colo company?) and Paypal.

Not sure it's good news with current situation already have enough.

Anyway all depend tomorrow on my old job employer.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

So how did you end up charging loads of folks varying amounts? What exactly happened?

• dbmandbman Member

@austenite said: I can sympathise with the situation you're in

Please don't sympathize as yet. Its been a month or so that sympathies were floating here for another such host in staged distress and it proved too costly for the clients in the end as the host @AshleyUk turned out to be just full of lies, cheat and deceit.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited April 2018

@Nekki said:
    So how did you end up charging loads of folks varying amounts? What exactly happened?

$charges = array(0, 10, 200);
    foreach ($users as $user) {
      Paypal::charge($user, $charges[rand(0,2)]);
    }
    echo 'CURL ERR.. TIMEOUT CHECK';

I have no idea

Yeah, I thought I saw the lowest of the low but this is new low. Charging his customers blatantly just to use the money to fulfill his financial crisis...

Not only is this the new low I've observed from LET, this is a crime.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • akbakb Member
    edited April 2018

Fixed that code for you:

$charges = array(200, 10, 0);
    foreach ($users as $user) {
         foreach ($charges as $charge) {
             if (Paypal::charge($user, $charge)) {break;}
         }
         echo 'CURL ERR.. TIMEOUT CHECK';
    }

Thanked by 2WebProject Janevski
  • MikePT said: They've deadpooled with a 30k debt. I have a VPS there and won't be asking for refund, getting this guy in a worse position. Definitely, no. You could have some sense here and ignore commenting such thing for a while. It's like beating a dead horse.

MikePT said:

2 people were affected for big charges as you said but there are many more... Huh.

Please share the module code with us. Its complete bullshit. I have got your information and if you don't refund who ever claims to be billed by "your script", I will report you. Its all bullshit. You liar. Show us the module code.

Please refrain from posting any more.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

For all of your hosting providers out there, this situation could have easily been avoided. Please learn from the mistakes of others and don't be like this host.

1) Watch your business closely or hire somebody you trust to watch it for you. If one month you're profitable and the next month you aren't don't wait until you're $30,000 in dept to do something.

2) Have lines of credit available to you at all times for emergencies your bank account cannot cover. Even if it's only a credit card with a $2500 limit on it with an insane APR, hold onto it just in case.

3) File your taxes every year, it's a simple thing that lets you track the growth/decline of your company each year and lets you see exactly where you can cut costs if needed. Ideally you should be reviewing your finances regularly but if you're not able to do that your tax filings are an excellent snapshot that you can review and look at trends over the years.

4) Don't hope it will get better. If you don't have a solid plan in place to fix your finance problems then close up shop immediately. The problem will only get worse if you hope it will fix itself in X months.

5) Don't be afraid to ask for help. If you're hurting for money and the only solution is to inject more cash into the company (i.e. increase marketing, hiring support staff, overhaul infrastructure, etc...) then go out and find the money. If your problem can't be fixed by just throwing money at it then consult with others to find a solution if you can't do it yourself.

6) Put the clients needs before your own wants. When you see things are getting bad with no potential for getting better give the clients as much advanced notice as possible. While not a popular solution, try to find a suitable home for the clients to ensure they continue getting some resemblance of the service they paid you for. If you can't sell the company, try to find a reputable company to absorb them for you. And don't just give somebody else the login details for your company, actually build a reputation with them and explain to your clients what is happening. Maybe work out a refugee special with another provider and give your clients the option of finishing up their service term with the other provider. Anything is better than nothing and if you're shutting down under less than ideal circumstances then you're going to get flack regardless so at this point you're just trying to minimize it.

I'm sure I can type up more tips, but I have already invested too much time putting what I consider common sense into readable text.

People don't learn from others' mistakes. Heck, they don't even learn from their own mistakes.
    I appreciate @KuJoe for the wall of text but the kids who are about to start web hosting biz ain't got time for that.

• @KuJoe said:
    For all of your hosting providers out there, this situation could have easily been avoided. Please learn from the mistakes of others and don't be like this host.

1) Watch your business closely or hire somebody you trust to watch it for you. If one month you're profitable and the next month you aren't don't wait until you're $30,000 in dept to do something.

2) Have lines of credit available to you at all times for emergencies your bank account cannot cover. Even if it's only a credit card with a $2500 limit on it with an insane APR, hold onto it just in case.

3) File your taxes every year, it's a simple thing that lets you track the growth/decline of your company each year and lets you see exactly where you can cut costs if needed. Ideally you should be reviewing your finances regularly but if you're not able to do that your tax filings are an excellent snapshot that you can review and look at trends over the years.

4) Don't hope it will get better. If you don't have a solid plan in place to fix your finance problems then close up shop immediately. The problem will only get worse if you hope it will fix itself in X months.

5) Don't be afraid to ask for help. If you're hurting for money and the only solution is to inject more cash into the company (i.e. increase marketing, hiring support staff, overhaul infrastructure, etc...) then go out and find the money. If your problem can't be fixed by just throwing money at it then consult with others to find a solution if you can't do it yourself.

6) Put the clients needs before your own wants. When you see things are getting bad with no potential for getting better give the clients as much advanced notice as possible. While not a popular solution, try to find a suitable home for the clients to ensure they continue getting some resemblance of the service they paid you for. If you can't sell the company, try to find a reputable company to absorb them for you. And don't just give somebody else the login details for your company, actually build a reputation with them and explain to your clients what is happening. Maybe work out a refugee special with another provider and give your clients the option of finishing up their service term with the other provider. Anything is better than nothing and if you're shutting down under less than ideal circumstances then you're going to get flack regardless so at this point you're just trying to minimize it.

I'm sure I can type up more tips, but I have already invested too much time putting what I consider common sense into readable text.

Few things to add from my exp.

7) If Business school tells you it's okay to not have profit in the first or second year.. change your training course don't make this mistake.

8) Once you in. small debt 2 k you got idea let's make cheap yearly VPS it may work for first 2 Months after 3rd month after you paid old debit u won't have money for next month so it will get 30k debt or similar if you think that will solve your issue just DONT.

9) Don't mess up with production code on payments if you know you cannot pay back fast incase off issues.

10) If you can't get profit in first 6 Months it's Time to try something else if you think price change would help etc not really if you can't get client at that time seems business plan has failed..

11) don't start Hosting company with $7 budget like I did in 2014 nothing good will come out of it.

12) have plan b if things go wrong or backup money source like make saving account and put even $20 /month.

edited April 2018

13) Don't work a full time job while trying to run a hosting company, if you ignore this and do it anyway and you are still doing it in year 2, your business model failed or you need to admit its nothing but a side hobby.

• "Once you in. small debt 2 k you got idea let's make cheap yearly VPS it may work for first 2 Months after 3rd month after you paid old debit u won't have money for next month so it will get 30k debt or similar if you think that will solve your issue just DONT."

I think this is where the literal meaning of deadpool comes from, actually lol.

This week has been so full and tasty. Love U, LET Gods.

This discussion has been closed.