Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GalaxyHostPlus - CLOSING DOWN - TIME TO CHARGE BACK - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GalaxyHostPlus - CLOSING DOWN - TIME TO CHARGE BACK

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@neps said:
    Why are people even thinking about this? Just everyone chargeback already.

Some can't because they used obscure payment methods to remain ... anonymous. Pretty easy to scam people nowadays.

• David said:
    Hello all. I am new in this forum. I have a doubt.

I am client of GalaxyHostPlus and i have a credit balance of € 67 to pay the bills automatically. Should GalaxyHostPlus i that money be refunded to me?

Another person effected by account credit :(
    Ghp is completely ignoring account balances

Thanked by 1_David_
  • @rockyreebz said:

@Internoc24 said:
    It's a real shame how some people behave around here.

I don't know the laws in the UK very well, but do you think if it were a normal proper insolvency proceeding that you would see any money at all?

No! Reminds me a little of Vertu's sudden bankruptcy last year. The customers could cry all the time " give me back my 10.000k phone" (which was for repair if necessary)..nothing happened...most of the equipment went into the insolvency estate.

So behave yourselves: Where there is no more money, no more money can be brought from.

(In Germany, for example, what he does would be forbidden: In case of bankruptcy, nobody may be preferred)

Well I will ask you if your 250 Euro was taken from any service without you knowing it's alot different when the person is on the other side.

It might not be a big amount for you . for some including me it is big and can help alot at times of need.It's our right to ask where our money is being transfered specially without knowing.

250 EUR is a lot of money sure and it must be solved, which it was charged without a authorization.

But please note: Where there is no more money, no more money can be brought from. (and in some countries it is not legal to refund some people and other not. In the event of an insolvent, no one should be favoured in terms of mass distribution.

• AidanAidan Member

Internoc24 said: But please note: Where there is no more money, no more money can be brought from

My bank disagrees.

In 2012 I bought an airline ticket, a few weeks later (before my flight) the airline went bust.

The bank issued a notice that anyone who paid via a reversible method should fill in the relevant chargeback forms ASAP.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

If anyone has not started the charge-back or reversal process at this stage and is still hoping GHP is going to refund you then you are beyond helping.

• @Aidan said:

Internoc24 said: But please note: Where there is no more money, no more money can be brought from

My bank disagrees.

In 2012 I bought an airline ticket, a few weeks later (before my flight) the airline went bust.

The bank issued a notice that anyone who paid via a reversible method should fill in the relevant chargeback forms ASAP.

Thats correct, some PSP, some Bank and also with some creditcards you have an insurance for this. But it dont change the general Situation: Where there is no more money, no more money can be brought from.

Same if you death, you are death! people can cry and cry and cry..you dont get back to live

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Internoc24 said: no more money can be brought from.

Assets can be liquidated. Payment plans can be made. It all depends on the legality of the situation.

Thanked by 3MasonR Janevski MikePT
  • @Clouvider said:

Assets can be liquidated. Payment plans can be made. It all depends on the legality of the situation.

Thats also correct. "Can be" ! Often and in this branche, theres not assets. (Hardware in the Datacenter in example is reserved to the Datacenter and can not be liquidated.)

• xaocxaoc Member

@Internoc24 said:

@Clouvider said:

Thats also correct. "Can be" ! Often and in this branche, theres not assets. (Hardware in the Datacenter in example is reserved to the Datacenter and can not be liquidated.)

Kidneys are quite expensive these days...

/s

@Internoc24 said:

@Clouvider said:

That’s my point. We don’t know enough therefore actions to protect the Customers should be taken by them immediately.

Can be the owner has debt to he company, if the salary wasn’t drawn and the director loan was used instead, this is an option to go after the owner personally for example.

I’m with @AnthonySmith here

@xaoc said:

@Internoc24 said:

@Clouvider said:

/s

Don’t even joke that way, that’s how the community is labelled as toxic.

• xaocxaoc Member

@Clouvider said:

@xaoc said:

@Internoc24 said:

@Clouvider said:

/s

Don’t even joke that way, that’s how the community is labelled as toxic.

Fine, i'll go back to lurking then :(

xaoc said: Fine, i'll go back to lurking then :(

That wasn't my point at all :)

• @GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Tribunal also is not free as far I know plus I need solicitors if correct which would probably cost more than salary owned.

It's not clear whether your previous employer was in the UK or (Republic of) Ireland. If in the UK employment tribunals and legal advice from Citizens Advice are both free.

Regardless, this should not be part of the issue. If you took payments (supposedly) by mistake they should've been immediately refunded. They should not have been spent, or whatever you're claiming has happened to them.

• classyclassy Member
    edited April 2018

Chargebacks are done through the card issuer’s insurance. If they can’t get the money back, the insurance pays.

@classy said:
    Chargebacks are done through the card issuer’s insurance. If they can’t get the money back, the insurance pays.

In which case, with debit cards you’re unlikely to get a refund and in case of a credit card, you’ll get a refund under Customer Credit Act 2006 (UK)

Hence why you pay with a CC for risky goods (and hence why CC charges are higher for merchants than for the same amount paid with a debit card).

Thanked by 2Aidan classy
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Clouvider said:

@classy said:

In which case, with debit cards you’re unlikely to get a refund and in case of a credit card, you’ll get a refund under Customer Credit Act 2006 (UK)

You can use chargeback as option as in this case you are been scammed, I had similar issue with oval telecom purchased pre-paid £25 SIM card and the company went bust without notice - not my issue, called credit card and mentioned that they are bust and how I felt - that I was ripped off and scammed - refunded without any fuss.

• KoreyKorey Member
    edited April 2018

Another overseller out of business. Shocking! Seriously, why do companies try to compete with "budget" pricing if it's not a sustainable business model.

If you chargeback take screenshots to prove what is going on, if they try and dispute them.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • Internoc24 said: Thats correct, some PSP, some Bank and also with some creditcards you have an insurance for this. But it dont change the general Situation: Where there is no more money, no more money can be brought from.

Same if you death, you are death! people can cry and cry and cry..you dont get back to live

That's just what the situation needs, another person with broken English not even making sense

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Korey said:
    Another overseller out of business. Shocking! Seriously, why do companies try to compete with "budget" pricing if it's not a sustainable business model.

just stupidity as someone is trying to be Google / Amazon Cloud in one day!

• @ricardo said:

Internoc24 said: Thats correct, some PSP, some Bank and also with some creditcards you have an insurance for this. But it dont change the general Situation: Where there is no more money, no more money can be brought from.

That's just what the situation needs, another person with broken English not even making sense

@ricardo If a person dies, the beneficiary is responsible for taking care of the debt too.

• Hello,

Invoice of €210 is now refunded. We are now refunding other invoices.

• @GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Hello,

Who is we? Is somebody helping you to get out of this situation?

• @classy said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Hello,

I got my salary paid well some amount. but was enough to cover some refunds and this big one.

I will keep everyone updated.

• GalaxyHostPlus said: Invoice of €210 is now refunded. We are now refunding other invoices.

Able to provide evidence of that? You can PM if you're concerned about privacy and whatnot.

• @ElliotJ said:

GalaxyHostPlus said: Invoice of €210 is now refunded. We are now refunding other invoices.

Able to provide evidence of that? You can PM if you're concerned about privacy and whatnot.

Sent pm on discord

• GalaxyHostPlus said: Sent pm on discord

Confirmed!

• Ah, so refunds have begun. All the best, then.

• HashTagHashTag Member
    edited April 2018

@classy said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Hello,

Dude just let it go!

• Looks like refunds are now being processed, I've never been so happy to be proven wrong. Watching how this thread progresses with great interest.

This discussion has been closed.