Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

chicagovps.net overselling, lies and overall customer fraud - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

chicagovps.net overselling, lies and overall customer fraud

1235»

Comments

• SoylentSoylent Member
    edited February 2012

@CVPS_Chris

It's a figure of speech. And yes, you offered to move the guy back. For a fee. You seriously don't see how all the problems you're having in this thread you've created for yourself? Is your reality distortion field that strong? You seriously think it's only one customer? Have you even read the thread? You seriously think your service is great? Have you even read the benchmarks people have been posting? You don't want providers jumping on providers, but you'll merrily go take a dump on the BuyVM thread? Seriously, the best thing you could do at this point is use some of your ZOMG MASSIVE VENTURE CAPITAL to hire someone whose sole job is to do damage control and public relations, and order them to make their first act on the job banning you from posting in an official capacity.

EDIT: I hear this guy (http://venturebeat.com/2011/12/27/ocean-marketing-how-to-self-destruct-your-company-with-just-a-few-measly-emails/) is looking for work. I think he'd fit right in.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Soylent,

I am not told what to do and will never sit on the sidelines. Like Ive said, I make decisions and I stand behind them... so if asking him to backup his data was too much for him, then I guess our services were not for him.

I only went over to the BuyVM thread to stir things up with them, as I now have some serious beef with them. I also laugh at the fact that you think my business it "ruined".

You keep referring to my other thread last month where I called someone an idiot and told me I would have misfortunes in the future from it and lose all my business. Well guess what, Ive had the best month since we have started, so it didn't effect anything.

Go read about Steve Jobs, and how he pretty much acted the same way that you say I act and look at where he ended up. Let me act how I want and leave me alone. If I ruin the business I ruin the business. I started it, and do what I want with it, and will run it the way I want.

Can you argue with that?

• @CVPS_Chris said: look at where he ended up

Dead from a horrible health problem?

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • Are people that have said mean things to you in this discussion banned from buying your services? Just wondering.

@miTgiB said: Dead from a horrible health problem?

Predictable, anything to disprove my point.

@Naruto said: Are people that have said mean things to you in this discussion banned from buying your services? Just wondering.

I doesn't really matter to me.

• You quote the word ruined, but I never used that word. Sure, I think you'll suffer consequences from this, but it'll be impossible for you to quantify unless every person who decides not to use your service contacts you to tell you so.

I pointed to your LEB thread as an example of how you treat people, and you promptly started acting the same way here to prove me right. I never predicted that thread would cause anything. There are always people stupid or naive or uneducated or just unlucky enough to get taken in by a bad provider.

I know a thing or two about Steve Jobs, like that he succeeded in spite of being an asshole and not because of it. I guess everyone needs a role model? If I had to pick one from Apple I'd go with Woz, but hey, different strokes. Let me know how it goes when you follow his lead and decide you'll only park in handicapped spaces.

You're obviously free to run your business how you like, and I certainly intend to steer well away from it. I'm just a guy who can't help craning his head to look when I drive by a car crash.

Thanked by 1DmitrijCSR

Well I guess my "car crash" has done pretty well for me. As Ive been told bad before, I wouldn't know a bad day even if I had one.

• @miTgiB said: So we can only join in on publicly trashing clients?

Absolutely. One of the purposes of this place is to allow users to bring out good and bad experiences with providers, and if their experience is really really bad, public trashing is ok. And vice versa.

I've had enough, this topic is closed. Not that I have the power to close it, but let just pretend I do.

Thanks

• @vedran said: "Absolutely. One of the purposes of this place is to allow users to bring out good and bad experiences with providers, and if their experience is really really bad, public trashing is ok. And vice versa."

I agree with this 100%. The site is working as intended, and those who disagree are hippies who just hate conflict. ;D

• I know for one that I will never purchase any service from Chicago VPS. After this rant, I can only guess he has gone off his medications. This will be at the top of Google soon for his company name.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited February 2012

I'm not going to judge a provider based on what they say in LET of all places. If I did Aldryic would scare me off of BuyVM. If you guys want trolling to begin 100%, I'll glady bring the firestarter. :)

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited February 2012

Please don't stop the argument....I was just about to salt my popcorn.

Thanked by 2Steve81 tux
  • Since Steve Jobs was brought up...The man got where he did because of luck and he was surrounded by smart, innovative people. That is all I have to say about him.

• @Kairus, yeah without Steve Wozniak and Jonathan Ive you wouldn't have Apple as we know it.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited February 2012

@Soylent said: @Kairus, yeah without Steve Wozniak and Jonathan Ive you wouldn't have Apple as we know it.

Jon Rubinstein as well, he did a LOT to re-organize the company's hardware division, and I mean him + his team developed the iPod, and let's be honest, without the iPod, Apple would be NOTHING today

It really bothers me when people go OMG STEVE JOBS CHANGED THE COMPUTER WORLD!

Back on topic, I had no problems with my VPS while @ ChicagoVPS, the I/O wasn't amazing, but it was usable. I think this problem could have been handled a bit smoother, but hell BurstNET isn't so "nice" to their customers from what I've seen, and they're mighty successful.

I honestly would like to see what the performance was like on the node the customer was on. Even though sure you're getting a "$24.95" plan, you shouldn't expect $24.95 performance for $7.

Thanked by 1Zetta
  • ZettaZetta Member
    edited February 2012

@Kairus said: Back on topic, I had no problems with my VPS while @ ChicagoVPS, the I/O wasn't amazing, but it was usable. I think this problem could have been handled a bit smoother, but hell BurstNET isn't so "nice" to their customers from what I've seen, and they're mighty successful.

Shut up, the truth has no place in this thread.
    On that note, their support is way better than BurstNET. You probably can't see it here past the lynch mob.

@Zetta said: Shut up, the truth has no place in this thread.

On that note, their support is way better than BurstNET. You probably can't see it here past the lynch mob.

Thank you, now can we please just stop this thread. Stop bumping it with useless information in hope something comes of it. Its over and done with.

• this thread needs to be locked.
    However, I've been with CVPS for a full month now, and I have 3 of the 2048 deal VPS's. I'm running a bunch of stuff on each one of them, and the only real problems I've had were some disk I/O issues that I'm willing to overlook because they weren't too severe. And in terms of customer service, I think it's been pretty good. I've submitted like 5-6 tickets, and received responses within the hour. I haven't had any downtime at all either.

• Wow, even my 2GB Ram VolumeDrive VPS $5/month sounds better than this crap

Thanked by 2DmitrijCSR tux
  • what did I just read.jpg

@Tiggs said: so I did some checking, I wended up finding out that I was assigned another client's VM, what a mess huh?

By this Im assuming your referring to our first $7 sale. Yes we had an issue with the mass orders that WHMCS was assigning 2 people the same VPS if the transactions happened simultaneously. We learned from that mistake, and have not had that issue since.

@Tiggs said: I later found out that they said they provided me the wrong information, and that my node was destroyed by mistake

We have never wiped a whole node clean, so this right here is a lie.

@Tiggs said: without NO NOTIFICATION

Why not check Facebook or Twitter, we have instant updates on everything and you "would have been in the loop"

Cant wait to see the logs, Ive never threatened a client in my life.

• Chicago VPS, $7 2GB vps promotion

root@chicago:/tmp ioping . -c 20
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=1 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=2 time=4.0 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=3 time=41.0 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=4 time=4.0 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=5 time=170.0 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=6 time=3.9 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=7 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=8 time=17.0 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=9 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=10 time=5.0 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=11 time=11.0 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=12 time=61.0 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=13 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=14 time=7.7 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=15 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=16 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=17 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=18 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=19 time=0.4 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=20 time=52.7 ms

--- . (simfs /dev/simfs) ioping statistics ---
    20 requests completed in 19399.8 ms, 53 iops, 0.2 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.1/18.9/170.0/39.0 ms

BuyVM $5.95 512MB vps

root@cdn:/tmp/ioping-0.6# ioping . -c 20
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=1 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=2 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=3 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=4 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=5 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=6 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=7 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=8 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=9 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=10 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=11 time=0.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=12 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=13 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=14 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=15 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=16 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=17 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=18 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=19 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (simfs /dev/simfs): request=20 time=0.3 ms
    --- . (simfs /dev/simfs) ioping statistics ---
    20 requests completed in 19147.6 ms, 4310 iops, 16.8 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.0 ms

I'm glad that I have never put any chicago VPS into production :) Buyvm's result is just for reference

• I have been reading every single comment left on the topic and I find funny how this dog is basically attacking every commentator who said at least something negative towards him or his services. Way to go Chris, I hope you got the publicity that you begged for so badly. Hope my 14$ will cover your loses.

@Soylent, I have to say that I'll not bite any commentator who left any negative comment towards me, but come on, a comparison to a teenager living in a basement? Better tell me to burn in hell, but don't push on things that you don't know about.

@Tiggs, I'm sorry for your experience, but I'm glad that you decided to share it to the public. That means that it was worth all my time to actually show the reality happening in the shadows with chicagovps.net services.

• SoylentSoylent Member
    edited February 2012

@DmitrijCSR

I have no clue what you're talking about, and that comment was in no way directed at you, or anyone in particular. If you can't read that post and get what the point of it was, then it wasn't intended for you in the first place. It's a comparison of two hypotheticals. The second example is clearly a reference to CVPS, but the first was a notional counterpoint. It's a thought experiment.

This discussion has been closed.