Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

chicagovps.net overselling, lies and overall customer fraud - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

chicagovps.net overselling, lies and overall customer fraud

Comments

• @Soylent said: PROVIDER: Sir, please, this is an unmanaged lemonade service.

LOL!

• up2vpsup2vps Member
    edited February 2012

As i know it very easy to Migrating OpenVZ to different node it just take few min depend on how much file have.
    And not require managed services to moving vps client to different node.

Here is the solusvm Migrating OpenVZ
    http://wiki.solusvm.com/index.php/Migrating_OpenVZ_Virtual_Servers

Thanks

Thanked by 1DmitrijCSR
  • Question: How come you were able to move him to another node for free without having to make it a new VPS but when he wants moved back a new VPS has to be made for manual transfer and to get you to do it (a reversal of a migration that he initially didn't ask for or know about, which you said he could have) he has to pay a fee?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Love it. Although I really have to chuckle at Soylent saying we are a discount service.

• I'm not looking to take sides here, but it seems to me that pretty much everyone involved in this situation is acting pretty childish.

I happen to have a 2GB VPS from ChicagoVPS that I'm not using for anything - in fact, I've never used it for anything in production, just a little bit of testing. Since the debate here seems to be about disk I/O, I thought I'd share some ioping and dd results, and let the results speak for themselves. As for their customer service, I can't really comment on that, since I haven't interacted with them at all.

root@nickmoeck:~/ioping-0.6# ./ioping -c 70 .
    [snip]
    --- . (simfs /dev/simfs) ioping statistics ---
    70 requests completed in 75974.2 ms, 10 iops, 0.0 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.1/98.6/322.6/81.3 ms
    root@nickmoeck:~/ioping-0.6# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; rm test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 30.931 s, 34.7 MB/s
    root@nickmoeck:~/ioping-0.6#

Thanked by 1DmitrijCSR
  • SoylentSoylent Member
    edited February 2012

@NickM - I'm not looking to take sides here, but it seems to me that pretty much everyone involved in this situation is acting pretty childish.

Definitely. This is a situation where both sides are so completely unsympathetic that you can't help but think they deserve each other. And yet still, if you're a provider, you should take pride in providing customers a quality service. If you move a customer onto a new node without notifying them, the very bottom line is that it's a jerk move to try to charge them money to move them back, whether you think the new node should suit them or not. Otherwise you run the risk of looking like you are running a Ponzi scheme where what you're really selling for 7 dollars is the rights to spend a few weeks on a quality server before you get shunted off to the 3rd string so that the new customers can take a ride on the shiny new hardware. Again, looking like. Reality does not matter in customer relations. Perceptions are everything.

Both sides are clearly being childish, but if CVPS had just Done The Right Thing(TM) and moved the guy back to the original node and maintained the quality of service, would the OP ever have descended into epic d-baggery in the first place?

Also, not to quibble over semantics, but if you're advertising a service on LEB at 28% of its notional value, and you've run that promotion for a month straight? Yes, you're a discount provider. What percentage of your customers are on a discounted plan?

• @miTgiB said: is there something wrong with vzmigrate?

LOL agree. How difficult is this? ¬_¬ damn...

@NickM LOOOL! 10 iops :D

Thanked by 1DmitrijCSR
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: We have a larger venture capital than probably any provider here. For this sale alone we deployed 9 NEW E3 1270 nodes. The fact we are being judged on one persons comment is silly.

watch out

• @Corey @DotVPS @Naruto The last offensive ticket was left after he finally demanded that I should pay for vzdump transfer. After that there are no more tickets and all services have been canceled. I didn't have any more patients to deal with his never ending lies. So I just don't see how my previous tickets have led me towards receiving such pleasure of being fed with more and more lies every second day.

I just don't see how I'm "The only ONE" imagining it all? I love how LyingTrash is still pointing out that there was nothing wrong with that node. Besides it having an exactly the same results like NickM has posted and Coolin having just a little better results, but still not to be used for anything productive (with my paid software already installed and bound to his IP that thankfully never went live). I don't see how this garbage is even worth 7$ and I can't even imagine people paying 25$ standard price and ending up on the same host nodes with other discount service clients.

I have a few servers from other LEB offers and non of them are such a low quality services with pathetic management then the one ran by chicagovps.net. I can only repeating myself - just because you run a promotion that doesn't give you any rights to provide a service that is lower quality then a non discounted service.

Also no one considers this a fraud when you false advertise your services? He advertised his new sandy bridge servers that have been bought just for this second promotion and what did I get? An old decommissioned node? How is that even fair towards me?

@DotVPS I have explained the backup situation on the first page. I did make a backup for myself, but I was surely not going to perform a manual restore on the same garbage service for the second time.

"Yes , I think if you had pastebin'd it for everyone to see since the screen shots are confusing."

Just because they are not in the right order does not change a single word that was sad. All tickets that had anything to do with performance issues are posted in public with only last ticket having my final words, that I don't regret leaving.

@up2vps it all about the money. Like the trash said, you don't need to care for LEB buyers, we are all just +/- 7$ in his pocket.

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited February 2012

If $7 if good enough for 2 GB OpenVZ why isn't it equally good on KVM and XEN, unless it is oversold, or meant to attract users who want to use more than they want to pay for more often than not.

There is a simple rule here, if you want steady,sustained performance stay away from $7 2GB offers. Neither customer not vendor have any level of credibility gong for them.

Will any kind soul produce the math to convince us that 2GB $7 VPS is sustainable on decent hardware. Support and hosting and bandwidth costs are excluded

• Interesting... I'll be keeping an eye on this topic.

My two cents: the first node I was put on, 30 or 31, was overloaded to hell before some containers were offloaded to an older node. Now that node is just "okay," nothing too spectacular but not bad enough to want to leave.

The other node I'm on from the most recent deal is fine so far, not sure if its because it is not filled up yet or what.

• up2vpsup2vps Member
    edited February 2012

If $7 if good enough for 2 GB OpenVZ why isn't it equally good on KVM and XEN, unless it is oversold, or meant to attract users who want to use more than they want to pay for more often than not.

There is a simple rule here, if you want steady,sustained performance stay away from $7 2GB offers. Neither customer not vendor have any level of credibility gong for them.
    Will any kind soul produce the math to convince us that 2GB $7 VPS is sustainable on decent hardware. Support and hosting and bandwidth costs are excluded

It not must . We already offer 2gb $7 from long time ago and still .we are set 25 to 30 vps Max per 1 node everything running as well but also i can admit some people unhappy our quick action for overusing etc
    Bad harddrive , ram , board etc..

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited February 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: We have a larger venture capital than probably any provider here. For this sale alone we deployed 9 NEW E3 1270 nodes.

Gotta love the ego behind such an assumption.

@CVPS_Chris said: The fact we are being judged on one persons comment is silly.

You don't think one person can make a difference? That attitude is the problem. Right now it's "one person". A few months later, there might be another similar situation. Before you know it, you might have 20-30 occurrences of "one person's opinion", and by then it will be too late to repair the damage.

@CVPS_Chris said: Never did I say we were going to move his data etc. I blatantly told him upfront that it would be a new clean VPS. Then he went on to tell me he needed to keep his same IP because of software he had purchased that is bound to his IP.

@CVPS_Chris said: I went out of my way to make this possible, and it wasn't an easy task but I got it done.

I'm sorry, I have to call bullshit on this one. Even assuming vzmigrate was out of the question, there was nothing stopping you from tarballing his data, pushing it to the new node, and dumping it across his new /vz/private.

IP changes aren't an easy task?

vzctl set CTID --save --ipadd old.ip.add.ress --ipdel current.ip.add.ress
    vzlist -o ctid,ip | grep CTID (to confirm the IPs are in the correct sequence)
    query("UPDATE ipaddresses SET vserverid = 'VZID' WHERE ipaddress = 'old.ip.add.ress'");
    query("UPDATE ipaddresses SET vserverid = '0' WHERE ipaddress = 'current.ip.add.ress'");
    query("UPDATE vservers SET mainipaddress = 'old.ip.add.ress' WHERE vserverid = 'VZID'");

And that's doing it manually. Just a few clicks through an admin panel.

@CVPS_Chris said: I meant free publicity for me, even negatives generate interest.

Why don't you ask Andrew, Ed, or Constantinos how all that 'free publicity' is working out for them?

• What if he does have a larger venture capital than any provider here?

Maybe he should post his venture capital and see if anyone says theirs is larger or not.

• Wow, Aldryic.

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited February 2012

@up2vps When your spec says 2Gb and 2Gb burst, does it mean I can burst up to 2Gb or does it mean 2Gb is guaranteed and I can burst up to 4GB?

What is the hardware spec of the Open VZ nodes?

Will running Eclipse on your system amount to abuse,? That is what I need 2Gb nodes for.

• @rchurch said: When your spec says 2Gb and 2Gb burst, does it mean I can burst up to 2Gb or does it mean 2Gb is guaranteed and I can burst up to 4GB?

It means you can burst up to 2GB; meaning you don't really have any burst.

• @Naruto said: What if he does have a larger venture capital than any provider here?

9 E3 nodes even if overpaying is $15-20k, no VC money is going to touch something that small, as @Aldryic would say, I call bullshit

Thanked by 1Aldryic

@Aldryic said: IP changes aren't an easy task?

Not when they are on a separate vlan and you cant move the range over. Get over yourself, your a nothing and will always be a nothing.

@miTgiB said: 9 E3 nodes even if overpaying is $15-20k, no VC money is going to touch something that small, as @Aldryic would say, I call bullshit

The VC is myself, coming from my pocket from my other ventures that I own, not the company, or anyone else. I fund everything for ChicagoVPS and I'm sure there is no one here that is able to fund 20k+ per month as we have. The 9 servers were over the $20k mark as well with the hardware we use.

@DmitrijCSR said: "Yes , I think if you had pastebin'd it for everyone to see since the screen shots are confusing."

Just because they are not in the right order does not change a single word that was sad. All tickets that had anything to do with performance issues are posted in public with only last ticket having my final words, that I don't regret leaving.

Im pretty sure the FIRST thing you have ever said was negative calling us names.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Not when they are on a separate vlan and you cant move the range over. Get over yourself, your a nothing and will always be a nothing.

yawn. Seriously? Personal insults are the best you can do? Why not spend the time more productively, and take care of your clients?

@CVPS_Chris said: I fund everything for ChicagoVPS and I'm sure there is no one here that is able to fund 20k+ per month as we have.

Sure we do, easily. The difference is, we do it out of profit, not out of pocket.

As a professional recommendation, @CVPS_Chris, the impressions you make with these kinds of posts will be lasting. You may have noticed above where I predicted your attitude will start a snowball against your reputation... it would behoove you to correct these mannerism deficiencies now, before you cause irreparable damage to your own company.

Its funny you mention that, when customers come to us directly laughing at this post.

The company is doing fine, and Im sure better than BuyVM will ever. If you have so much "profit" why not keep up with the demand? Or is that too hard for you?

• Well, if you'd prefer a serious discussion on our business ethic and tactics, I would be more than willing to sit down with you and give details. But since all you can do is poor attempts to troll and insult, you're frankly not worth my time.

Yes, yes, I'm sure you're doing fine. I've seen plenty of deadpool providers say the exact same thing. Doing better than we ever will? My my, such arrogance; and without even a -hint- of our figures to back up your assumption. Could you possibly make more of an ass of yourself?

I'll leave you with that, son. When you're ready to grow up and carry on a conversation like an adult, I'll be more than happy to spare you a few minutes. Otherwise, feel free to continue to publicly show exactly what people can expect, or more importantly not expect (professionalism, maturity), from "your company".

Aldryic,

You and Fran started it. I have never commented on you or any other provider negatively. If anything I have suggested them to you when they are looking for a smaller VPS, but I can assure you that will stop.

I fed up with people coming on here bashing us for not many good reasons, and I wont be pushed around told we don't know what we are doing. As for doing well, I know we are and once we start to roll out packages like yours for a better price and better hardware we shall see what happens.

I am ready to have a real conversation with you, tell me where you would like to meet and Ill be there. I hope you live up to your word and say you are done with this thread, if not we can keep this up.

Regards,

Chris

• @CVPS_Chris is absolutely right. I was laughing at how badly a "CEO" could look when compared against a guy that wished his provider be burned alive and how much worse it gets with each new post. Thanks for the laughs!

Even funnier is crapping on another provider for not having sufficient stock to meet demand when you can't please existing customers. Maybe BuyVM should oversell their nodes further to increase stock. Existing customers can then wish @Aldryic be burned alive but they'll have tons of stock available! (Forget I said that, I know 99.9999% of your customers would rate your service as a 10 and OP is just the lone hater whose only complaint was the name of the node.)

It's a good thing, though, that you believe that running a good company means simply growing it as much as possible with your $$$ resources without regard to quality or customer service. Maybe @Francisco will get the message and put 300K nodes online tomorrow.

• @Chief please close this thread before we get more "newcomers".

Also, I believe hosts shouldn't be allowed to join public trashing of another host, or everything goes to hell. Just my $.02

Thanked by 3Mon5t3r NickM rkrazy
  • @vedran said: Also, I believe hosts shouldn't be allowed to join public trashing of another host, or everything goes to hell. Just my $.02

Agree, but I will get bored.... xD

But ok, seriously, I think is a shame how Chris is behaving.

• @DotVPS said: You know his from Russia right?

He moved to Louisiana or something.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited February 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Aldryic,

You and Fran started it.

I'm not sure about Francisco, but that basically sums up every thread on LET.

@yomero said: But ok, seriously, I think is a shame how Chris is behaving.

This community is a bunch of pricks, that's what happens on the internet when there aren't any rules to follow.

Thanked by 2NickM rkrazy
  • Can't tell if @yahlero is a multi account by Chris or by someone trying to troll Chris :O

This discussion has been closed.