Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

chicagovps.net overselling, lies and overall customer fraud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

chicagovps.net overselling, lies and overall customer fraud

DmitrijCSRDmitrijCSR Member
edited February 2012 in General

Hello LET community,

I would like to repost my webhostingtalk thread about my experience with chicagovps.net.

I want to share my experience with Chris Fabozzi and Jeremiah Shinkle from chicagovps.net on how I was fed with lies and false promises for the last 4 weeks.

Long story:

On January 9 I have ordered a $24.95 Enterprise VPS from chicagovps.net with their 7$ lowendbox.com promotion. Seemed like an awesome deal for his advertised new "sandy bridge nodes" (That are oversold by 3 times, just check one of the first tickets).

Everything was normal, until January 19. On January 19, I notice that the VPS is lagging like garbage, so I test it's performance and I found out that I'm no longer on my old node. After 10 days without my knowledge Criss decided to simply dump my container into "decommissioned" node in order to get more orders and the only thing that he said, that after a month of time he will place me back on a new node.

What the hell? How can you even do this to your clients? What should people do, pay you money and wait one month to start using their servers I asked to move me back, but he simply refused to do so. So all I was left to is to use a decommissioned garbage for the next two weeks.

Guess what happens after this two weeks? He oversells the decommissioned node! Holly crap, unseen, I/O on this node was pathetic, the overall available IOPS is maximum 10!!! Today (February 9) I have tested this for the last time and it was showing 2.000 ioping, 2 second delay to server a HTML page, 2 second delay for server to say "Hello".

On January 29, Cris promises a new node. Finally I thought, but of course nothing happened, and Cris continued with his story and 1 hole week later, on February 5 both Cris and Jeremiah have still been feeding me lies about new node arrival.

February 5 - February 9 have also been nothing more then continuous streams of lies that you can see on the screenshots.

I have forgotten the last time I saw such incompetent provider who is running a VPS hosting business, but barely able to manage the OpenVZ platform thanks to 0 brain SolusVM interface.

Result: 4 Weeks later, he refused to do anything. After all the talking the only thing that I managed to get from his numbskulls head is to keep the IP address that is software bound. But now he demands money to transfer from his decommissioned garbage and can't bother to spend his worthless time doing vzdump on 1 container.

Loses- 2x7$ with 1 month of garbage service left.
- 20euro software license fee.
- 8 our of my life perfecting installed software.
- 8 our of my life time dealing with this lying fraudster.

Here is the proof of their endless lies that I have been fed up my thought for the last 4 weeks, it shows my amateur side, but thankfully not a single client of my will ever see me talking to them in such away. Unlike this garbage I do everything that I can for them, even if I don't earn a cent and lose my own life time.

http://imgur.com/a/UBS5G

I have wiped my server, canceled their garbage service and ready to move on. I hope everyone who thinks of ordering any of the services from chicagovps.net will remember what I have went through and that they can end up in the same situation as I was.

That is all.

Regards,
Dmitrij]

Comments

• You bought a 2GB server for $7/month and expected great performance, if your services are very important to you, don't cheap out jeeze...

I had a server with them for a few months, and performance was fine, disk I/O wasn't anything amazing, but it was great for what I was paying (same 2gb/$7 offer).

I'll never understand these people that expect the world for a dollar..

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Like I explained in a ticket, this is an unmanaged service, and I was ready to move him over once he took backups of his original VPS. He refused to do this so I said we can move it for you for a fee and if you didn't want to pay I wish him luck with a new provider.

The server also was not unusable since he was the only one complaining, and his I/O test was inaccurate as it was taken during a time period when we were installing multiple users on the node. However I am not here to point fingers, I gave him his options and he didn't like them. I'm not god, I can't please everyone.

I will also note that he told me I should be burned alive. Good luck to the next provider ;-)

Regards,

Chris

• camticamti Member
    edited February 2012

In the screenshots it says that Dmitrij said "You are one hell of a lying fraudster that should be burned alive" - wow, ok. Seems a bit of an over-reaction to the staff. I'm a current client of CVPS and I have had no problems, for all of you new buyers that are looking to purchase. If you had spoken to me like you did to these staff, I'd be totally unwilling to help you and quite frankly, I'd be quite happy to let you go to a different provider.

• @DmitrijCSR said: On January 9 I have ordered a $24.95 Enterprise VPS from chicagovps.net with their 7$ lowendbox.com promotion. Seemed like an awesome deal for his advertised new "sandy bridge nodes" (That are oversold by 3 times, just check one of the first tickets).

I think the $7 one you bought came unmanaged and definitely not the enterprise one you thought you bought (unless it states otherwise in the offer).

@DmitrijCSR said: On January 19, I notice that the VPS is lagging like garbage, so I test it's performance and I found out that I'm no longer on my old node. After 10 days without my knowledge Criss decided to simply dump my container into "decommissioned" node in order to get more orders and the only thing that he said, that after a month of time he will place me back on a new node.

Wow how did you know for sure?

Thanked by 1DmitrijCSR
  • Steve81Steve81 Member
    edited February 2012

@DotVPS said: If it was so bad why did you renew for another month?

While reading the screenshots I found this.
    http://i.imgur.com/CSlKM.png

Thanked by 1DmitrijCSR
  • DmitrijCSRDmitrijCSR Member
    edited February 2012

@Kairus

I'm expecting to receive a service worth 25$ per month. Like I have pointed out in one of the tickets, just because it's a promotion it doesn't give him any rights to rip off his customers.

@LyingTrash

You dumped me off to decommissioned node, took my money for unusable service, lied all the time about moving my container to a good node, lost my time, made me lose money on my software licenses and finally asked for more money to perform 1 minute operation using VZDUMP? I'll repeat myself, please burn in hell.

@DotVPS

Let me explain, unfortunately the screenshots are not in the correct order. I had renewed my early invoice sent out by WHMCS (my bad for doing so), just because at that time he had lied to me about transferring my container to a new new node that had a "Should arrive tomorrow" status.

@camti

You can just check the "Loses" paragraph and see what this experience has cost me.

@draco

He only had 3 sandy bridges, when I felt lag, I had checked the CPU and saw that it had 2.4CPU cores instead of 3.2Ghz, so I understood that he had dumped me to one of his decommissioned nodes. Also checking SolusVM I saw a new node number.

@Steve81

Thanks for pointing that out.

• ChicagoVPS is definitely a good service for the little amount of money you spend. I had only got their $5/month for 1GB RAM offer; their Disk I/O was nothing great, but the reliability was pretty decent. Only had 2 instances of where I suffered downtime in the time span of 3 months; both due to abusive neighbors on the same node as I.

• As a provider what I say will probably be taken out of context, but as many have said before.... just because you pay little doesn't mean you have to get little service.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2012

^^ It does not matter on the price, If the provider cannot provide a "acceptable" quality and speed then simply do not promote your products so cheap.

I have not looked over this thread entirely yet, But my statement above still applies.

Just because the Product has a "Cheap" Pricetag doesn't mean the customer expects a semi-functional server and overall rocky ride transfering from one node to another.

Thanked by 2DmitrijCSR haphan

I will state this again, the services were not unusable. The results he posted were during a time period when we were installing more users.

The node is also perfectly fine, and had the same type of hardware but with a different CPU.

He over reacted, and didn't want to take his own backup. I will say this again, and maybe he can understand:

I was ready to move him to a new node, I asked him to make his backup and let us know when to proceed. He refused to do this and I further explained that this is not a managed service, I am not in the wrong.

Regards,

Chris

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • Why does the migration have to be manual?

• @CVPS_Chris not throwing you under the bus just getting more details.

We've never had any load issues while users were instantly being setup on our nodes.

Unless you mean you were manually transferring a customer from one of your nodes over to this node (which is already showing degradation few weeks prior from what I take)

• I was ready to move him to a new node, I asked him to make his backup and let us know when to proceed. He refused to do this and I further explained that this is not a managed service, I am not in the wrong.

I know you are unmanaged, but what does this have to do with moving him nodes? The customer can not move himself to a different node. So what.... he refused to make a backup, ask if you can move him anyway without the backup?

• More importantly, when you move him.... throw the flag in there to NOT delete files off the old node... no backup needed.

edited February 2012

Lie, lie and lie some more Chris. Your are a naturally born lier.

You don't even know what the hell a managed service is and thank God you aren't providing any. You don't even understand how to cater for clients, what should be fully your responsibility to manage server nodes and do server transfer at a single clients will, result in weeks of arguing and finally an offer to pay an invoice for VZDUMP operation.

I have worked as level 1 support tech in a data center for long enough to understand that if I would bull shit a client like you did, I would get kicked out the next day.

Heh, I wonder, would that be a 50$ invoice if I would agree to get my services transfered? Or your professional tech Jeremiah who also lied to me is charing 150$ per hour?

If I wouldn't forgot to screenshot the latest results they would have been 3 times worse, it was every single day, including today when I had made the last test. Just because after my public post you rushed to get all other clients off that node, doesn't mean that you didn't lie about it. What other reason would we be even talking every second day?

As you can see this guy is singing the same old song. Why on earth should I stay with your trashy service after complete data wipe? I did make a backup, unlike you I don't need to have an education in IT to do such simple tasks. I'll be restoring my project with a provider who cares for every client, just the way I care about my.

You asked me to go public, so we did. I didn't want to, now you are getting the publicity that you deserve.

Please Chris, sell your business, hosting service sector isn't for. You should do telemarketing and bull shit people with your lies to buy frying pans from tv shop.

@Naruto @Corey

He just wanted to rip me off for some more money and to change me a minimum of 50$ invoice for doing VZDUMP.

• Just saying... I feel like migrating a client from 1 node to another with OpenVZ on SolusVM should be free; especially when it was already agreed upon before making a payment for the 2nd month or whatever the case was. Otherwise, the fee should've been brought up beforehand.

• @AsuraHosting that's my stance.

• Ah, then I co-sign with @Corey.

• @AsuraHosting

Completely true. 10 days after the order, when I opened my first ticket that was regarding being dumped to his decommissioned node, if he wouldn't bull shit me with false promises and would say that I will have to wipe my server, lose my IP and do manual backups, I would just spit and cancel the service without losing a single day trying to work things out.

But of course, he didn't.

It was brought up before hand and he knew this, moving him nodes basically meant I setup a new VPS for him and put it under his account.

Nothing more should be required of us. And those prices were never brought up, a $5 charge is all it would have been. So once again he is fabricating the truth.

Regards,

Chris

• @CVPS_Chris I think I'm missing something here.... didn't you manually move him to the node he is currently on that he isn't pleased with?

We moved an entire node to that node, because of hard drive issues with his first node. There is nothing wrong with the node he is on now, and just wants to complain and be unreasonable and fabricate the truth.

Regards,

Chris

• @CVPS_Chris said: moving him nodes basically meant I setup a new VPS for him and put it under his account.

is there something wrong with vzmigrate?

• Anyone notice @DmitrijCSR and @OneTwo both say "lier"? /conspiracythinking

• @Naruto I have nothing to do with him and not going to argue about that.

edited February 2012

@CVPS_Chris

I'm "Fabricating the truth", of course I am. I'm just an individual service provider and you are Mr. Fantastic of LEB and the hole budget VPS market.

I don't need to "Fabricating the truth", the truth is written on paper a.k.a. your support tickets.

@Corey

"We moved an entire node to that node, because of hard drive issues with his first node. "

Of he did. Look at his lie and read the ticket where he says he oversold the server that WHMCS was provisioning to, that's why he dumped a pack of clients to a decommissioned node. Even some LEB comments prove my words. What proves his?

@Naruto

Ok.

• @DmitrijCSR yes that is conflicting with what he's saying.

The overselling caused the hard drives issues, they were not our normal setup.... thus not being able to handle the load. We moved everyone off and put new hard drives in it to fix the issue. I do not need to tell your step by step how I run my business.

You can say all you want, but your one of the VERY FEW dissatisfied customers, and we offer one of the best services on here.

@naruto I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same people

• @CVPS_Chris well that was a pretty important detail that you left out. It was your fault you had to move him to a different node, so you did. He wasn't happy with the new node, and you couldn't move him somewhere else?

Thanked by 1DmitrijCSR

Corey,

The point is, is that the node was fine. People are always worried about names, and what CPU they are on. In fact the node he was moved to has the same rating on passmark as the node he wanted to move to.

The service is fine, the node was fine, there was no need to move him and I will stick to that.

Regards,

Chris

This discussion has been closed.