Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

chicagovps.net overselling, lies and overall customer fraud - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

chicagovps.net overselling, lies and overall customer fraud

Comments

• When I want opinions about what I suspect might be shady practices from the owner of the alpaca farm I'm leasing, it's nice to be able to hear from professional alpaca farmers, and not just a bunch of teenage trolls whose only qualification is that they like llama wool sweaters.

Seriously, people in this thread think providers shouldn't comment on other providers. There's another thread on whether LET is really intended for providers to respond to disputes from their customers (like this one) in public.

What role exactly do you envision providers playing on LET? Because I think we're better off when they're part of the community and are vested in its health beyond us just being the people they take seven dollars from every month. That gets you people like Chris, who think this would just be an awesome way to make money, and their customers are idiots. We're better off when we can benefit from their experience, even (and sometimes especially) in situations where the feedback is NEGATIVE.

• @gsrdgrdghd If I'm Chris, I must really dislike myself and the service I provide (and, more importantly, my attitude toward others) . :)

• I know a lot about this since I'm a Leprechaun farmer who's a gambler. Any questions?

• Today I got a #1 Sonic Burger with cheese and mustard only from Sonic and it came to $3.80! At McDonald's you can get a double-cheeseburger for $1. You get cheese and two pieces of smaller meat. I could have gotten 3 of those nasty things and had enough to cover tax and get some change back. Why does Sonic charge so much?

• @vedran said: I believe hosts shouldn't be allowed to join public trashing of another host.

So we can only join in on publicly trashing clients?

• I think that thing to realize is that most of the providers are here just to talk. They are not here to represent the companies that they work for. They are just here to be a part of a community. If it was BuyVM-Alrdyic making comments that would be another story. I don't see him as representing BuyVM when he is here. He is just having some conversations. Now when your name has your company in it, I think that you are promoting your business, and you should be more careful in what you say.

• @dclardy said: providers are here just to talk.

For the most part I agree, I am here to offer my experiences just like anyone else, provider or not, to the community. But there are times when you can tell when the provider has the other hat on and representing their company.

Thanked by 1Steve81
  • tuxtux Member
    edited February 2012

@Naruto said: At McDonald's you can get a double-cheeseburger for $1.

In there McDonalds sells cheeseburger for 1 € and double-cheeseburger for 2,90 €

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited February 2012

@miTgiB agree, although I can see where some people might think I had the other hat on to start with, but really I just saw inconsistencies in the story that needed more explanation.

Thanked by 1DmitrijCSR
  • @miTgiB

Exactly, and I think we should all be grown up enough to recognize the difference without needing special rules for when providers are or are not allowed to have an opinion.

Thanked by 1Corey
  • @tux said: In there McDonalds sells cheeseburger for 1 € and double-cheeseburger for 2,90 €

Not in the United States.

• @Kairus said: I know a lot about this since I'm a Leprechaun farmer who's a gambler. Any questions?

You should start an AMA on reddit; you'll get tons of up-boats.

• @Aldryic and @CVPS_Chris will be holding a public textual discussion via the IRC linked in my signature tonight at 5:00 PM US Central Time.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@gsrdgrdghd said: Can't tell if @yahlero is a multi account by Chris or by someone trying to troll Chris :O

No its not me, but I know who it is.

@yomero said: But ok, seriously, I think is a shame how Chris is behaving.

Your always negative towards us anyone, what a surprise.

@Soylent, there is nothing shady about our practices. How many LEB hosters even have an LLC or a registered company on here? How many are accredited by the BBB? Not many.

Everyone is overlooking the fact that I WAS READY TO MOVE HIM BACK and he went on his wild tangent. The fact that I even tried to still help him after the things he said to me says a lot about my character.

@vedran said: @Chief please close this thread before we get more "newcomers".

Also, I believe hosts shouldn't be allowed to join public trashing of another host, or everything goes to hell. Just my $.02

Agreed. All this is, is lets trash talk ChicagoVPS hour.

@DotVPS said: It's been going on more than an hour.

Just stop, Ive been more than amused today.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Anyone??? Yeah wathever.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Just stop, Ive been more than amused today.

I think the amusement has only begun, you've shown a lot of ass not only in this thread but now the BuyVM getting stock thread. You really think you are going to conquer the LEB market with just nicely spec'd gear? It takes a hell of a lot more than that, but how you'll up and flame a client, I have little worry of your success, or lack of it.

• @CVPS_Chris said: No its not me, but I know who it is.

Considering this is my first and only LET/LEB/WHT/etc. account, I'm thinking you probably don't. I can't say I'm surprised, though.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I think it's just hilarious how upset someone can get over probably the funniest meme to date.

He's thinking we're out to get him when we could sit here and pick apart every last thing and point out countless problems with the whole setup, performance and all. Infact, if anything, we helped derail the thread in his favor to the point where it isn't focusing on his company, but on the usual LET antics that happen.

Oh well.

Francisco

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • SoylentSoylent Member
    edited February 2012

@CVPS_Chris

Let's play A Tale of Two Providers. One of them has no LLC and is really a shoestring operation run out of a 16 year old's basement to finance his WoW habit. Still, the server is as advertised and resources are available. You can, say, get decent disk I/O, and you don't get moved between nodes without warning. The owner is a bit weird, and a little immature, but you always get what you paid for, and he's honest with you about issues, even if he rants occasionally on LET about his favorite flavor of Hot Pockets.

A second provider has an LLC, is registered in the state of Delaware, has a BBB Triple Platinum certification, recently received the key to the city of Boston, has never kicked a dog, and was recently appointed President Obama's tech czar. But the service is garbage, and when you ask for support you are given the run around. This provider's VPSes were provisioned by Jesus himself, and if you stand too close to the servers you are blinded by the heavenly light and deafened by the singing of 1000 angels, but the customer service is terrible, and the public face of the company routinely drops his pants and defecates all over the place in public discussions. He is enamored with himself and utterly convinced of his own charm and smug superiority. If you met him at a party, you'd come away from it wanting to key his car.

Which one gets more customers?

• @Soylent said: This provider's VPSes were provisioned by Jesus himself, and if you stand too close to the servers you are blinded by the heavenly light and deafened by the singing of 1000 angels

That is the funniest thing I'll read all week

• @DotVPS said: This is getting out of hand now. Can't this be closed?

I don't want it to be.

• @DotVPS

If Chris is determined to hang himself, please at least let us provide the rope.

• @rchurch said: When your spec says 2Gb and 2Gb burst, does it mean I can burst up to 2Gb or does it mean 2Gb is guaranteed and I can burst up to 4GB?

What is the hardware spec of the Open VZ nodes?

Will running Eclipse on your system amount to abuse,? That is what I need 2Gb nodes for.

it will be still 2GB only not 4GB. and we set some limits to avoid abuse etc

• http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/ - Company No. 07854040

You was saying...?

Soylent,

Again your basing this on one person. He wasn't moved without notification either. I just double checked before I made this post and emails WERE sent out, posts on Twitter and Facebook WERE made. So who isn't telling the full truth? Certainly not me I have explained myself 100% of the way when a question was asked.

Also regarding to our bad performance that is not true, as the performance is just fine across all nodes. However believe what you want I'm done arguing with you people that just live on forums to piss other people off.

Ive spent more time on this thread today than I have been on LET for the past year, just move on and let it go my god. As for me being superior to you, I would have to agree, thanks for making note of that.

As for meeting someone at a party, they end up loving me at the end the only ones wanting to key it would be the people who are jealous.

You was saying...?

Did I say anything about you?

@Soylent said: If Chris is determined to hang himself, please at least let us provide the rope.

Why would I hang myself? The forum is not my life haha I have way too much going for me to even consider it. If you ever need me to return the favor, let me know.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2012

@CVPS_Chris
    You said "How many LEB hosters even have an LLC or a registered company on here?"

Full Post
    "there is nothing shady about our practices. How many LEB hosters even have an LLC or a registered company on here? How many are accredited by the BBB? Not many."

• @CVPS_Chris, I think more people might like you if you didn't use such an unattractive gravatar. Mine keeps people from getting too mad. When I had it looking like a purple penis, everyone got mad at me. Nobody wants to hate on Naruto.

This discussion has been closed.