Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WSS' INSIDER SCOOP - YOU WANT CHEAP VPS? I HAVE VPS. MAKE NICE! GOOD! TIME! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WSS' INSIDER SCOOP - YOU WANT CHEAP VPS? I HAVE VPS. MAKE NICE! GOOD! TIME!

Comments

• @WSS said:

@willie said:

WSS said: I guess this would be technically possible, but it'd delay the machine a bit since my neighbors literally take my mail (similar address, plenty of issues with Amazon). What're you looking for?

I'm not looking for anything! Just trying to figure out a backup plan for the worst case scenario, which would be you posting something I can't resist :). Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

So you don't want one of those $18/yr deals?

Don't be a tease -_-

• @WSS for the provider tag

Thanked by 3FrankZ uptime WSS
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2017

Is it easy to transfer from @virmach? I might have a couple of VPS I could let go to a fellow LET member if that's easy.

• dyudyu Member
    edited November 2017

Did anyone here buy the 1g 30ssd 20eur/yr special from ultravps.eu (their LAX location)?

I'd like to rent it for a day just to benchmark (cpu/mem/leveldb). I tried to buy one today but they no longer offer it (I pmed).

I'm comparing L.A. quadranet hosts here in LET :-)

• @mehargags said:

@WSS for the provider tag

"I'll buy that for a dollar!"

• @datanoise said:
    Is it easy to transfer from @virmach? I might have a couple of VPS I could let go to a fellow LET member if that's easy.

the process seems to be a bit ... involved .... but ultimately possible. See here for a rundown and some context for the details -> https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2525351/#Comment_2525351

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • uptime said: the process seems to be a bit ... involved

Thanks. I'll pass and forget this idea. Painful, but their logic makes sense though.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • DustlabDustlab Member
    edited November 2017

It takes a big man to admit when he has too many servers, and @WSS, ma'am, you are one of the biggest (by post count).

Any chance you'd want to part with one of the DbD fuckspecials?

Thanked by 1alilet
  • @Dustlab said:
    Any chance you'd want to part with one of the DbD fuckspecials?

Sorry, I have no DbD units available.

• @mehargags said:

@WSS for the provider tag

Fixed:

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @WSS said:
    Any amount after "break even" is going directly into my "Laptops for Vets" side project. Right now I need 3 batteries and 2 power supplies for a couple Inspirons, and 4 HDs for i3 desktops for those who can't use laptop keyboards due to injury.

>

Can I just send you some hard drives? I have a 2TB Toshiba (2.5", 15mm height, 5400 rpm) shucked from a flaky Buffalo external enclosure, a 500GB Seagate (3.5", 7200 rpm) from a refurb I bought recently, and an other 500GB on it's way in a refurb as well, presumably another Seagate.

The 2TB may or may not be a flaky piece of crap. The smart numbers look fine, and the smart tests didn't turn anything up. However, the drive while in the enclosure would reset in the middle of long writes.

• @WSS what type of inspiron chargers man? Also what type batteries? I got a few laying around.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@flatland_spider said:
    Can I just send you some hard drives? I have a 2TB Toshiba (2.5", 15mm height, 5400 rpm) shucked from a flaky Buffalo external enclosure, a 500GB Seagate (3.5", 7200 rpm) from a refurb I bought recently, and an other 500GB on it's way in a refurb as well, presumably another Seagate.

I'd be happy to take you up on this- I need more 3.5" right now than 2.5" as I already fulfilled those. Any hardware is good, though. Worst case, I can donate it to our local non-profit which helps injured people get back to work and builds them for the poor.

Almost everything is SATA-1 at least; only a couple of these "special builds" date back to the EIDE days. Window-Eyes devices tend to work better with real hardware.

@AuroraZ said:
    @WSS what type of inspiron chargers man? Also what type batteries? I got a few laying around.

I need PA-12 compatibles and batteries fro the D620 build series. There are several of those ancient beasts here with various different model names, but since they all lack the clitmouse and have larger, thick plastic keys.. they're usable by those with tactile issues. Thanks for all of the RAMs. That helped bring them (and a handful of PCs) all up to the bare minimum for Win7 use.

Also going up for grabs is my beloved Core2Duo.. I do need a CPU, PSU and RAMs for an i5/i7 HP laptop coming in from storage shortly. It's below freezing- I'm not digging through that shit right now.

Thanked by 1vanhels
  • How many PA12s do you need? Think I have 2 maybe 3 but I want to keep one around. I got a couple batteries as well but need to check them out.

Thank you for the router man. As soon as I get a 1tb or more 2.5 inch drive I will setup my NAS with it.

• I need 2 PA-12s right now. I have an aftermarket but it's just slightly low, and I don't want to undervolt the beast.

• @WSS said:
    I need 2 PA-12s right now. I have an aftermarket but it's just slightly low, and I don't want to undervolt the beast.

I will do some digging and testing to see what I come up with man. If I have them they are yours. Free of charge of course.

• Cheers!

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • WSS Server Brokerage Inc., how may I help you?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@Amitz said:
    WSS Server Brokerage Inc., how may I help you?

Hi, Folks..

@Amitz said:
    WSS Server Brokerage Inc., how may I help you?

I told you a million times: "We broker it, you buy it!"

• @WSS said:
    I'd be happy to take you up on this- I need more 3.5" right now than 2.5" as I already fulfilled those. Any hardware is good, though. Worst case, I can donate it to our local non-profit which helps injured people get back to work and builds them for the poor.

Alright, I'll let you know when I get the other 500GB HD.

I'm not sure the Toshiba would fit into anything other then a desktop or server since it's 15mm rather then 7mm.

I have a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter I can throw in as well.

Almost everything is SATA-1 at least; only a couple of these "special builds" date back to the EIDE days. Window-Eyes devices tend to work better with real hardware.

They're all SATA drives. I have two 250GB WD IDE drives, but I didn't think those would be useful... Or still work.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@flatland_spider said:

@WSS said:

I'm not sure the Toshiba would fit into anything other then a desktop or server since it's 15mm rather then 7mm.

My god you horde stuff longer than I do.

I used to have a ton of this crap, but I gave away all of my gear when I moved ages ago, and just never really stocked it because I always ended up just using it as a consumable. I'd take it if you have no use for it- but if you do, keep it.

They're all SATA drives. I have two 250GB WD IDE drives, but I didn't think those would be useful... Or still work.

I don't know if I have a board in any of this goodness that has EIDE (PATA be damned) anymore.

Anyone who has HP rollers, I'd be interested- I picked up a ton of monochrome lasers that I'm going to be bundling- they still need to be cleaned (thankfully most have toner), but the rollers are all worn out because they're ex-gov't surplus. Most will be LaserJet 4-era, but there are plenty of 1100s, too.

Thanks to all offering to help. Let me know if you have any interest in some delicious Virmachian goodness- there's plenty to go around!

• I have a laserjet 2200d that makes an awful squeaking noise that is apparently fairly simple to repair. No idea how to get it to you but you can have it if you want it and can suggest a transport method that's not more expensive than the thing is worth. I might also be able to scrounge a few hard drives. Note there are cheap adapters to put 2.5" drives in 3.5" slots.

• @willie Sadly, they'll cost more than they're worth to ship. My $40 lot of printers cost me nearly $300 to bring back home to repair since I had to rent a U-Haul. I'm hoping that I can sell a couple of the color lasers to get that back.

Yes, I know of 2.5" adapters, but it's a lot more common for people to have 250GB 3.5s than 2.5/etc in my experience, because, I, too, keep my backup 2.5s most of the time- I'm running on one now since the SSD tanked. :D

• @WSS said:

@flatland_spider said:

My god you horde stuff longer than I do.

It's only 3 years old!

It got lost in my computer closet, and I found it a couple weeks ago.

I used to have a ton of this crap, but I gave away all of my gear when I moved ages ago, and just never really stocked it because I always ended up just using it as a consumable. I'd take it if you have no use for it- but if you do, keep it.

This is another thing that got lost in my closet, and I just found it again. I think it was going to go in my old desktop, but in the meantime things have changed.

I have a several random bits and pieces around that I need to get rid of.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@flatland_spider said:
    I have a several random bits and pieces around that I need to get rid of.

Tell me about it. I reimaged and gifted my desktop when Win 10 was a free upgrade. Last July, maybe? It had under 10,000 hours on it. I bought it in 2012.

• Anything with more than 10gb disk?

Fell asleep during virmachs premeire of deadpool 2...but just enough time for the vortex troll lol

• Stupid thread.

• UNTIL I SOBER UP-

1GB/10GB KVM units for $15.00 including transfer (provided you are a current customer, have billing information on file, et al)!

@carcosa I have a 2G/20G KVM in Chicago that renews for $16/yr. $20 transferred. I also have a couple 1.5GB/20GB OVZs in Buffallo that renew for $14/yr - $18 transferred.

• WSS said:

1GB/10GB KVM units for $15.00 including transfer

Wait, what are the locations of these? Got one in California (SJ pref, LA ok)? Wonder if @Virmach would let me "add funds" to your account instead of mine, and if you'd be cool with my paying like that.

• @willie said:
    Wait, what are the locations of these? Got one in California (SJ pref, LA ok)? Wonder if @Virmach would let me "add funds" to your account instead of mine, and if you'd be cool with my paying like that.

Pretty much all Chicago. I don't know, you'd need to ask them, and not sure if $3 is worth them answering tickets personally. :D