Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 92
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited August 2013

Ordered July 26th, never gotten Refund, Server, nothing, Pure Scam.....

• xsetxset Member

@MorningIris what did you order? from eu? contact support? refund can take max 30 days

• @xset Ordered one of those 2G server, many emails, support tickets sent.

• xsetxset Member

@MorningIris What was the response? Refund in 30 days? Paid via paypal? Was it pending or accepted? Are you from EU?

• It was accepted, verified, quiet, very quiet,

• @Maller said:
    Just received my 16G. Got the E3-1225 v2. Re-ordered on the 5th
    Still waiting for my 2G as the rest.

I ordered my 16G on 29th. Still not got it...

• xsetxset Member

@morningiris from EU?

• xsetxset Member

@morningiris Well, may take 30 days... email them again to cancel.

• MatiMati Member
    edited August 2013

@MorningIris said:
    Ordered July 26th, never gotten Refund, Server, nothing, Pure Polish Scam.....

@MorningIris said:
    xset USA

Pure american ignorance :)

Thanked by 3wrox rm_ ska
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MorningIris stop it, all words you say is: Polish scam...

also, if in the US, do you know that you can't order that?

• @netomx they said that after I order...

• smansman Member
    edited August 2013

To all you people thinking you cannot be shut down for any reason any time they want. You are wrong.

Like when their bandwidth starts getting clogged up and sooner or later it will. It will be open season on 2.99 boxes hogging bandwidth.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MorningIris I know, I did it too

• xsetxset Member

@sman they can simply limit the bandwidth as its best effort 100 Mbps not guaranteed

They plan to deliver 30K ks2g in 2013 and 100K in 2014

• smansman Member
    edited August 2013

@xset said:
    sman they can simply limit the bandwidth as its best effort 100 Mbps not guaranteed

They plan to deliver 30K ks2g in 2013 and 100K in 2014

Yes they could do that too and I would not be surprised if they could target just 2.99 boxes for that or maybe even individual boxes.

• @sman said:
    To all you people thinking you cannot be shut down for any reason any time they want. You are wrong.

Like when their bandwidth starts getting clogged up and sooner or later it will. It will be open season on 2.99 boxes hogging bandwidth.

It is why I moved my sites back to a vps from a trusted provider. (RamNode! :D) There is a TOR relay running on it and a mediaserver/small seedbox.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

It will be open season on 2.99 boxes hogging bandwidth.

Right! And the sure sign this is going to happen, is them just having changed the ToS, removing all the remaining bandwidth use restrictions. Oh wait, actually no, it's nothing of the sort, and you just making up the silliest b/s I have heard so far in this thread.

• smansman Member
    edited August 2013

@rm_ said:
    Right! And the sure sign this is going to happen, is them just having changed the ToS, removing all the remaining bandwidth use restrictions. Oh wait, actually no, it's nothing of the sort, and you just making up the silliest b/s I have heard so far in this thread.

Please show me the section where they say that they cannot deny you service or limit it to prevent interference with other customers or any other reason they can think of.

Every provider reserves the right to do pretty much anything they want to do. I don't have to read their terms to know that.

• Been using my atom for a while now. The N2800 is surprisingly good for webhosting if you stick apache + nginx proxy along with apc to cache the php execution. Barely uses 0.6% of 1 cpu when I hit simple webpages xD

• And it would be even faster without a useless Nginx reverse proxy in front of Apache :-)

• @pechspilz said:
    And it would be even faster without a useless Nginx reverse proxy in front of Apache :-)

I tested it without and it was slower :O

edited August 2013

@sc754 said:

without a useless Nginx reverse proxy in front of Apache :-)

I tested it without and it was slower :O

Try without a useless Apache behind... erm, behind nginx that can do everything as a full web server and not just as a reverse proxy. :)

Personally I am running Lighttpd and PHP with XCache on all of my servers, and it is beyond any doubt that Atoms are more than capable to act as a web server for small websites (in my case about 2K pageviews a day).

Thanked by 1tux
  • @rm_ said:
    Personally I am running Lighttpd and PHP with XCache on all of my servers, and it is beyond any doubt that Atoms are more than capable to act as a web server for small websites (in my case about 2K pageviews a day).

I had a similar setup before but I found php was using a load of cpu as a standalone process called by nginx. If I used the apache php module it uses less cpu. Also with xcache, I didn't notice much of a difference but with apc it's more noticable. But the cacher's a probably not much different. Using kloxo mr, it's brilliant for hosting so long as you can sort out its odd bug here or there. Works best on centos 6 32bit

edited August 2013

php was using a load of cpu as a standalone process called by nginx

Well Lighttpd has the FastCGI mechanism, where it spawns some PHP processes when it starts, and then those are always running and processing scripts as long as the web server itself is operating. So there is no overhead from starting a new process of PHP for every page load. I think nginx can be configured to work in the same way too.

• AmarielleAmarielle Member
    edited August 2013

Just got my 2x1TB KS-16G. Ordered on 29th.

• Gerrard8Gerrard8 Member
    edited August 2013

http://i39.tinypic.com/11i2w5f.jpg

I guess I got lucky?

@Gerrard8 How are you going to admin your server with no Pen or Touch input?

• @rm_ said:
    Gerrard8 How are you going to admin your server with no Pen or Touch input?

Remote desktop.

• edited August 2013

@Amarielle said:
    Just got my 2x1TB KS-16G. Ordered on 29th.

Lucky you got a 2xHDD Kimsufi. They come with single HDDs now :(

This discussion has been closed.