Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 88
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• Paid 7-29. Still no mSP in SBG. I've gotten this far there's no chance I'm canceling it now.

• Sounds like the forum may provide more a support burden than an actual ticket system

• Due to the fact that I'm rather impatient, I added a EG 64G to my orders. They should have no problem provisioning that server quickly :)

• @DrJinglesMD said:
    Due to the fact that I'm rather impatient, I added a EG 64G to my orders. They should have no problem provisioning that server quickly :)

look at mister big spender here!

• KS2G, placed on 25th by Paypal, authorised on 26th. Still pending.

• @texteditor said:

I just need something setup so I can move my current crap over. It's still cheaper than renewing my current server until ovh gets their act together.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@texteditor said:

is it bad that I read it and thought of Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction?

• tuxtux Member

@sundaymouse said:
    KS2G, placed on 25th by Paypal, authorised on 26th. Still pending.

My order from 25th is also with pending status.

• @tux said:

Haha, same club.

• Currently waiting for my KS 16G, ordered 29th. My old KS has expired so finally I have use for all the Digital Ocean credit xD

• Okay... I called the support hotline yesterday evening and spoke with the german support... He told me that they are out of mSP Server @ SBG and he tought it might be better to change from SBG to RBX because they already have some servers and could set it up with 100 Mbps... For me it's better then nothing...

Will change in 2 or 4 months to SBG when everything is cool down...

• I figured something was up. I hope they can deliver the EG range of servers soon. I may have to end up ditching the idea of an OVH server.

• xsetxset Member

@drjinglesmd Got my third mSP @ SBG today

• @xset so what do you do with so many servers?

• @xset said:
    drjinglesmd Got my third mSP @ SBG today

Yup, still waiting. I'm not very optimistic. Was told every mSP in SBG ordered and paid before the 30th was delivered. Obviously that is not true as I'm sitting on one paid on the 29th.

Oh well. I hope they get my EG setup before the 20th, if not I'll just have to get a refund on everything :(

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 said:
    xset so what do you do with so many servers?

Nothing!!!

A DR site I think plus development boxes for me.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited August 2013

edit: nevermind

• but me from asia zone, cant more order to kimsufi :) more waiting 10 day or what, :( i'm already try get ovh system fr or it, still no allow for asia zone ordering :) need address EU or what so sad,. only can read review for other people

• ztecztec Member

OMG I NEED MY OVH SERVER FOR EXTRA IDLING POWER!!!!11!!!!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@yhuza if you really want it, you can get an old pre-2013 KS transferred, while it won't be 3 EUR but 15 EUR instead, it's also more comparable to the middle plan (2 core 4 threads, 1TB HDD) which is 10 EUR currently, than to the smallest one: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/12610/kimsufi-ks-2g-n2800-old-one-with-fr-real-unlimited-100mbit-port-1tb-hdd/p1

• @rm_ pe-2013 Ks same have protect anti ddos also ?

Sure, all OVH servers will be covered by it.

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 said:
    edit: nevermind

I mind. What did you say there, buddy?

• @xset i said that building HA site with many servers from the same provider doesn't make sense :) But then i reread and saw you didn't say HA, so i edited my message.

• @zhuanyi said:
    But I think it would be a lot more meaningful for providers, instead of saying OVH is cr@p, to actually focus on providing services that would make customers going after them than OVH. Say for example, many providers now have free add-on services, which is always a plus, also note that the Kimsufi 2Gs are not RAIDed while most of the providers here offer RAID10 for the notes .

I disagree with you. Most providers raid their drives for performance for hundreds of vms to be slapped on there, if you needed some sort of a redundant system there's plenty of other options with ovh.

It's not likely you'd put mission critical stuff in a 3 euro dedicated.

• @Dikobraz said:
    So? Any news with your hw problem? Did they resolve it?

Got a reply on the incident sub-forum after PM'ing my server name.

Support has since opened a new incident ticket which is currently being 'processed'.

I also received an email from support saying that, this is how support for Kimsufi servers will work from now on, but there may be some changes still to come.

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 said:
    xset i said that building HA site with many servers from the same provider doesn't make sense :) But then i reread and saw you didn't say HA, so i edited my message.

I already have a HA site in one location using multiple servers, but what I'm going to do is setup a DR = disaster recovery site. So in case main HA site goes down, I can just point
    the DNS to DR site (and even that can be done automatically).

• @rm_ said:
    Sure, all OVH servers will be covered by it.

how i order that server ? do you know how to take that server, beacus from asia hard to allow all

@yhuza You need to be registered at OVH, the only way for you to do so is via the French website: https://www.ovh.com/fr/support/new_nic.xml
    You will get a customer ID of the form "xxnnnnn-OVH". Then you should contact the person who created that thread above and ask him to transfer the server to you.

• @eastonch said:
    I disagree with you. Most providers raid their drives for performance for hundreds of vms to be slapped on there, if you needed some sort of a redundant system there's plenty of other options with ovh.

It's not likely you'd put mission critical stuff in a 3 euro dedicated.

Seems I can't read English this morning...but are you saying you disagree with me because providers are not saying cr@p about OVH or you are saying they should not provide value-add services?

This discussion has been closed.