Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 80
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• xsetxset Member

@xaki I built a distributed network storage volume of 2 x ks16gs and 1 ks4g last night so far. Seems to work nicely, only limit is the 100 Mbps bandwidth but again I only have 24 Mbps at home (soon 300 Mbps)... so 100 Mbps is enough today, but It will be great when I get fs-24t with 20 TB storage. At current usage it will last me 2 years. fs-24t has 1 Gbps.

• wychwych Member

@xset said:
    xaki I built a distributed network storage volume of 2 x ks16gs and 1 ks4g last night so far. Seems to work nicely, only limit is the 100 Mbps bandwidth but again I only have 24 Mbps at home (soon 300 Mbps)... so 100 Mbps is enough today, but It will be great when I get fs-24t with 20 TB storage. At current usage it will last me 2 years. fs-24t has 1 Gbps.

What do you store? ;')
    I had a similar idea of using a 16G for that purpose...

• xsetxset Member

@wych ks2g is cheapest for that purpose, but fs-24t is pretty good deal for raid-5 20TB plus with 1 gbps. What would you store?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Anyone would be interested in taking over my "old" KS2G (Atom N2800 / 1TB HDD / 100 GB backup space)? Upside: don't have to be in the EU, downside: 14.99 EUR/mo. If there is interest I will make a more detailed post later.

• @xset said:
    wych ks2g is cheapest for that purpose, but fs-24t is pretty good deal for raid-5 20TB plus with 1 gbps. What would you store?

Jaurez, like everyone else

• xsetxset Member

@texteditor no ;) I have a legit use!

• So anyone got an Atom 2800 today? I have some potentially bad news for the ones still waiting - Intel has declared the DN2800MT motherboard "End of Life". Maybe that's why OVH can't build enough of these systems?

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 The public knowledge claims its a shortage of N2800 CPUs not motherboards.
    And all new ordered CPUS are N2800s.

I dont know, but this is what goes around.

• xsetxset Member

@rds100

Here's an alternative to DN2800MT motherboard

http://www.logicsupply.com/products/dn2800mta

• @xset you can't buy an N2800 CPU (or other Atom CPU), it's not on a socket, it's soldered on the motherboard.

This is the motherboard that OVH uses for N2800 - http://ark.intel.com/products/56455/Intel-Desktop-Board-DN2800MT?q=dn2800mt

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 I see, good point:) But DN2800MTA is an alternative :) I tweeted to Oles, but I dont think he will answer

• @xset well, your alternative is Asrock. I kind of trust Intel more for quality than i could trust Asrock.

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 said:
    So anyone got an Atom 2800 today? I have some potentially bad news for the ones still waiting - Intel has declared the DN2800MT motherboard "End of Life". Maybe that's why OVH can't build enough of these systems?

I haven't heard anyone getting KS2G today.

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 said:
    xset well, your alternative is Asrock. I kind of trust Intel more for quality than i could trust Asrock.

Sure, but if they're EOL, what else can you choose to use?

But Intel has said they can deliver 1000/week

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited August 2013

1000/week sounds like nothing. It's probably the production rate of some garage factory in Taiwan.

They could switch to a different motherboard / design maybe. Or design / build their own motherboard, who knows. But this all takes time, a lot of time and testing...

• xsetxset Member

rds100, I'm all fine if they can get them by the end of September. That's fast enough. Building own motherboard would take year(s)

• Can somebody explain me what the marked button does?

The left one is an email alert, the next mobile message alert and the third?

• XakiXaki Member

How much time is taking to deliver 4G or 16G ?

• Nobody can say, but faster than 2G. That's sure.

• DaveeDavee Member
    edited August 2013

@trexos said:
    Can somebody explain me what the marked button does?

It add a notification alert to MoM: http://www.ovh.co.uk/support/tools/mom.xml

• xsetxset Member

@xaki they say 72 hours

• @Davee
    Ah thanks :) So there will be a message on my desktop when I use this and the programm?

• DaveeDavee Member
    edited August 2013

Yes as I know it's a pop-up.

• And what exactly is that monitoring? I can set my email but not what it should monitor. Sorry, the german translation is REALLY bad.

• Just fyi you probably won't get a 2G with 1 core, IIRC noone got such a server delivered

• @rds100 said:
    xset well, your alternative is Asrock. I kind of trust Intel more for quality than i could trust Asrock.

:( that's not fair, I've had good luck with ASRock's products (they are ASUS's budget rebrand)

• It ping your server and alert you (and a technical) if it's down.

• And which port does it ping?

• xsetxset Member

@trexos ping as in icmp missile

• Thanks for both answers :)

@xset sorry I'm new. Is this something special? Like only local and which can't crash or something like that. So if it runs the server is up and if not its no.

This discussion has been closed.