Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 77
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• Well, it means they block your IP from the OVH network, if you say you can not reach it, but others can.

@Davee said:
    When I got blocked by VAC some weeks ago my server isn't nulled, I just can't reach any of OVH servers. (Including OVH site.) So handling != null routing.

• Yes I did a traceroute at this time and if I remember correctly the arbor what was blocked me.

• jakejake Member

@xset said:
    trexos VPN is not allowed at OVH anymore.

Seems like OVH "dedicated server" has more restrictions than a LEB "VPS"...

• XakiXaki Member

@jake said:
    Seems like OVH "dedicated server" has more restrictions than a LEB "VPS"...

What are the restrictions? ... VPN, and...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Xaki and just for EU?

• XakiXaki Member

@netomx said:
    Xaki and just for EU?

What? Only EU people can connect to the dedicated or only EU people can buy OVH Kimsufi plans?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Xaki buy

• Only EU ppl can buy kimsufi plans :D

• XakiXaki Member
    edited August 2013

@netomx said:
    Xaki buy

That isn't a problem for me xD, but anyway, how can they verify if you are an EU citizen?

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

@xaki ID? Address? Utility bill.

• XakiXaki Member

@xset said:
    xaki ID? Address? Utility bill.

Nvm xD

• @xset my 2G server was delivered!!! so happy

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@trexos said:
    xset my 2G server was delivered!!! so happy

Jul 26, 2013       Authorization To    
    OVH

CanceledThe seller canceled this payment, and the money has been returned to your account.
    The seller canceled this payment, and the money has been returned to your account.
        Details Authorization To OVH 5GG27890LC8747158      -€10.73 EUR

Any eastern European that got theirs ?

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited August 2013

There is no restriction on vpn usage, is there? The new Bandwidht AUP just states that when you use your box as a proxy then OVH won't guarantee the bandwidth. You could also run a seedbox if you want, but you won't get guaranteed bandwidth for it as well.

See here:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/12190/ovh-bandwidth-aup-2013

Basically what they say is. Here is your server, you can do whatever you want with it but if you start using the bandwidth heavy (and we define what heavy means) no matter what for we will pick one point of our AUP and put limits on your box.

Guaranteed bandwidth would be ESPECIALLY important for all those restrictions, but I think they want to be sure to always be able to do whatever they want.

Btw, @trexos, N2800?

• I ordered my 2G server over OVH.de (I live in Germany) 25.07 19:54 and paid 1 minute ago with Paypal.

Benchmark:

root@ks335XXXX:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 1862.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 1978 MB Total amount of swap : 512 MB System uptime : 24 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 10.9MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 8.11MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 6.56MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.14MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 9.63MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.7MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.38MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 6.24MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 5.17MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 9.94MB/s I/O speed : 131 MB/s

HDD information:

Device Model: TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 Ontime: 24 hours

The server was delivered 08.08 00:47 CET :)

• xsetxset Member

@trexos did you see domain at all in order page?
    post smartctl -a /dev/sda | egrep -i 'power'

• Congratulations @trexos

• How much time are they taking to deliver the server ???

• Is it possible to get it outside from europe too ?

• trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2013

@xset No it wasn't shown there, I checked it every 10 minutes or so. I just receive the email that my server is online and then I received the domain.

root@ks335XXXX:~# smartctl -a /dev/sda | egrep -i 'power' power-saving mode. 9 Power_On_Hours 0x0012 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 24 12 Power_Cycle_Count 0x0032 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 9 192 Power-Off_Retract_Count 0x0032 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 10 If Selective self-test is pending on power-up, resume after 0 minute delay.

@sundaymouse Thanks m8! :)

@darknessends No, that#s not possible.

• xsetxset Member

@trexos These must be machines built yesterday. I really wonder how many they have left. Maybe 100...

• @xset yeah the Power Ontime is quite long. Anyway, I'm happy :) Just ask myself how I could renew the server ...

• xsetxset Member

@trexos dont have a cc?

• @xset I don't have one, maybe I could ask a friend.
    You ordered 3 servers and 1 gets already delivered right?

• xsetxset Member

@trexos Im waiting for one KS2G to get delivered. I ordered 3 x KS2G.

Again, any eastern european that got theirs ?

• @xset said:
    trexos Im waiting for one KS2G to get delivered. I ordered 3 x KS2G.

So you received 2?

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited August 2013

@rds100 said:
    And wtf, their paypal account was registered in September 2011? Weren't they accepting paypal payments before that?

They could use another PayPal account prior to that.

@Xaki said:
    What? Only EU people can connect to the dedicated or only EU people can buy OVH Kimsufi plans?

Great idea! Oles should be suggested to install this nice new restriction!

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said:
    Again, any eastern european that got theirs ?

Yes Hungary if you count it as East...

Thanked by 1Maounique

Hum, hungary is more like central, something like Romania, Bulgaria, baltic states.

This discussion has been closed.