Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 75
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• xsetxset Member

@Oliver said:
    Finally my KS 2G was delivered... With Atom N2800.

What was your order number?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@tux @xset Mexico. And He. :)

@xset nope, just asterisk

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

35245X was the number.

Now as in I got the email with SSH details at 6:40PM Central European Time...

• xsetxset Member

@spekk said:
    2147045X here, so basically 214724xx would be larger? hey wait a minute, why didn't I get mine yet?!

sc754 I saw now you didn't get it, when I get it I'll let you know, normally I am ~ 150-200 servers above you

Anyway this waiting game is such fun

im 2147004x still nothing!

• 2146968X

Nothing here too....

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

But maybe if they are reviewing orders manually the numbers mean nothing? I paid via PayPal from a .com.au email address but I do have a registered European Union postal address with them and have been a customer for many months. Maybe if you are new sign ups it takes longer?

No idea... They are French after all.

• ztecztec Member

I already had my money's worth in forum-fun.

• Just got my KS2G delivered, ordered on 25th @ 19:40 order # 214695xx

• Also keep in mind that it's August now and almost everyone in France goes on vacation in August. If they are somehow slow - it's normal. However i think they chose bad timing for all this promo...

• i got a bit of a wait, 218346** :)

• xsetxset Member

@r0t3n only 1? Im about 50 mins later so I guess its about 100 orders from you, lets see if they have enough stock

I've sent an aggressive email to the girl who asked and accepted my paperwork, I'm gonna see how it goes

• xsetxset Member

@trexos said:
    2146968X

Nothing here too....

keep looking!! inform us the minute you see the domain!!

• ztecztec Member

@netomx said:
    I've sent an aggressive email to the girl who asked and accepted my paperwork, I'm gonna see how it goes

It´s always good to be aggressive towards customer service, have you tried threatening their family yet? Always gets me 10% off...

• xsetxset Member

@netomx said:

At least she knows who you are!

@ztec hey, I'm Mexican, I may be from a drug cartel :p

Aggressive in the form that they modified their terms after I accepted the old ones.

• @netomx tell them your uncle Carlos will have some talk with them if they don't accept your order ;-)

@ztec also they wasted my time sending the paperwork for nothing

• spekkspekk Member
    edited August 2013

if the server shows up with a hostname in the manager, the server is already there waiting to be installed, mine is there, the hardware I mean, some guy here told me they are doing burn-in tests before they install it, so basically they can not run out of stock if it's already there

@xset said:
    r0t3n only 1? Im about 50 mins later so I guess its about 100 orders from you, lets see if they have enough stock

• spekkspekk Member
    edited August 2013

Actually if you threaten OVH (the company), you are threatening the family.

@ztec said:
    It´s always good to be aggressive towards customer service, have you tried threatening their family yet? Always gets me 10% off...

• xsetxset Member

@spekk no hostname...

• I don't know then, wait until an order after yours comes up, and raise a ticket, but I dont think raising a ticket is really good, I mean most people that raised tickets got cancelled

@xset said:
    spekk no hostname...

• XakiXaki Member

The performance of the 16G Kimsufi is great to host game servers?

Thanks !

• xsetxset Member

@spekk Ive contacted regional ovh and they said I will get these, so I dont think there's any problem

• @Xaki said:
    The performance of the 16G Kimsufi is great to host game servers?

Thanks !

A four core i5 or E3 is way more than enough to host a 32 player game server.

@rds100 will do :p

@xset I hope she's pretty :3

@spekk nice link

• @xset funny thing is, i checked an hour beforehand and there was no domain attached to my pending invoice, and now its delivered ;)

I got the N2800:

root@ksXXXXXXX:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 1862.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 1978 MB Total amount of swap : 512 MB System uptime : 19 min, .... I/O speed : 120 MB/s

root@ksXXXXXXX:~# smartctl -a /dev/sda | egrep -i "Model|Power_On" Device Model: TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 9 Power_On_Hours 0x0012 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 21

• you lucky bastard

@r0t3n said:

xset funny thing is, i checked an hour beforehand and there was no domain attached to my pending invoice, and now its delivered ;)

• xsetxset Member

@trexos said:
    2146968X

Nothing here too....

Anything yet? Hostname?

This discussion has been closed.