Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 81
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited August 2013

@rm_ said:
    Anyone would be interested in taking over my "old" KS2G (Atom N2800 / 1TB HDD / 100 GB backup space)? Upside: don't have to be in the EU, downside: 14.99 EUR/mo. If there is interest I will make a more detailed post later.

Hmmm... I suggest posting such offers anonymously. just in case. :)
    "A thunderbolt strikes and sinister voice booms: 'You have been told, mortal, to use that most holy server solely for private purposes!'"

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Actually, that is an old one, I think the old contract applies, like Oles said, the 2011/2012 series can be resold.

• @Maounique said:
    Actually, that is an old one, I think the old contract applies, like Oles said, the 2011/2012 series can be resold.

As I said, just in case. Which gives me another thought, are there low-end trusted providers of storage servers (i.e. little RAM/weaker CPU, but large disk(s))...

I know no one can beat prices of, say, Glacier storage at AWS, but it would be interesting to see as near offers as possible. I will post another thread, methinks.

@Master_Bo said:
    I know no one can beat prices of, say, Glacier storage at AWS, but it would be interesting to see as near offers as possible. I will post another thread, methinks.

Well, we did have an offer for 1 EuroCent per GB, but without raid, however Xen so you could export it any way you wanted. It was sold out long ago, but wasnt much interest for it, though. For KS2G the price would be even lower, it comes to less than a cent per GB.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2013

Hi, (first post here)

another poor guy waiting for some KS2G to show up. Ordered on July 25, waiting ever since. However I'm a bit wary of their new Anti-DDoS thingy - according to the website it constantly monitors traffic, blocks any protocol beyond icmp/tcp/udp/gre and can not be deactivated on a server (except with some €50 VIP plan).

Any feedback from new KS2G users about that filtering/blocking feature? I really need VPN abilities - both vanilla OpenVPN and plain IPSEC (hence protocols 50 and 51)

If it proves too sensitive/nasty with non-OVH-approved traffic, oh well... better pay 10 or 20 bucks more to get some usable non-neutered dedicated server...

Cheers & thanks in advance =)

• @Maounique said:
    For KS2G the price would be even lower, it comes to less than a cent per GB.

Two small problems intervene:

• I do not belong to blessed EU possible clientele
    • I do not trust OVH any more

So no, thanks, although I assume there are and will be many happy users of the mentioned plan.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

blocks any protocol beyond icmp/tcp/udp/gre

Care to quote where anything like that is stated?

vanilla OpenVPN and plain IPSEC (hence protocols 50 and 51)

Also since when "vanilla OpenVPN" uses protocol 50? Last time I checked it worked over plain TCP or UDP.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@rm_ said:
    Also since when "vanilla OpenVPN" uses protocol 50? Last time I checked it worked over plain TCP or UDP.

OpenVPN uses an industrial-strength security model designed to protect against both passive and active attacks. OpenVPN's security model is based on using SSL/TLS for session authentication and the IPSec ESP protocol for secure tunnel transport over UDP. OpenVPN supports the X509 PKI (public key infrastructure) for session authentication, the TLS protocol for key exchange, the OpenSSL cipher-independent EVP interface for encrypting tunnel data, and the HMAC-SHA1 algorithm for authenticating tunnel data.

ESP = protocol 50

• I don't mind the wait any more, if they are out of stock, at least there is a good chance I will get better hardware with my server.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

ESP = protocol 50

From your quote:

IPSec ESP protocol for secure tunnel transport over UDP.

When I used OpenVPN it did not require anything beyond TCP/UDP. And in any case, I do not think anything whatsoever is blocked at OVH, and no proof has been presented to the contrary.

Meanwhile, they finally added the part about pricing increases from 1st Sept: http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/index.xml

Hopefully DDoS protection will work by then and the punishment will be only to be routed over the vacuum servers, no longer the boot like before, whether it was real or imaginary.
    If that is so, 1 Eur a month is really cheap. I believe there will be restrictions for tunnels in order to block people from using their ultracheap servers for DDoS protection elsewhere. If there is none already, then it will probably be introduced.

• spekkspekk Member
    edited August 2013

You got that right, most people that had/have DDOS problems will start moving their websites/gameservers there, and I think some people will even offer DDOS protection services, that's the problem with these offers, many people are trying to abuse them to make a quick buck.

• I orderd 3x the 2G on the 15th, still didn't receive them. Also when I bought them I was promised to get 2 cores, does this mean they have to give me them?

• As said before: The KS 2G 2013 comes with the same hardware, no matter when you ordered. 2 cores, 4 threads, same mobo.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Woo, first server delivered!

• xsetxset Member

@nekki order number?

• xsetxset Member

I got one too! Now waiting for 2 more!

• @Nekki @xset which motherboard? (run dmidecode)

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member
    edited August 2013

11 working days today, still not delivered. Emails now being ignored. Wonderful. Worst bit is I ordered before some people that have already recieved.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2013

@xset Order number 21470312

@rds100 It's the DN2800MT

This was my original order from the 25/7 at around 9pm.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @rm_ said:
    Meanwhile, they finally added the part about pricing increases from 1st Sept: http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/index.xml

just renew your dedi for a full year in advance, so you get that for free till autumn 2014.

Thanked by 2wiking tux
  • xsetxset Member

@bennd what is your order id?

• xsetxset Member

@nekki my second one should be delivered soon too. it has 214706xx order id.

• @Nekki 21470312, I am 2147045X, so pretty soon also, 140 servers to go

• Unfortunatelly, my order not was delivered from julie 30. I received a mail with "Payment cancelled" . I can't register on Kimsufi forum, I get a: _Désolé, les inscriptions ont été désactivées par l'administrateur. [RO] _ - message. I'm from Romania,in Europe.

No, they dont have to give them to you, they proved it does not matter what the offer said, they can change terms at will, but, since they are out of stock and one cores are hard to get by, it is highly unlikely you will get a one core atom, because celeron is on par with the 2 cores atom.

• xsetxset Member

@linuxglobe you paid via paypal?

• Yes, I paid via Paypal

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

OVH increases the rate of delivery: fuction was exceeded 700 servers / J and the week should turn pro 1000 / J (excluding KS-2G)

• xsetxset Member

@linuxglobe then its no news.. you can reorder using CC when they become available, but I think the price is higher due to DDOS protection then

This discussion has been closed.