Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@DatabaseByDesignLLC said:
    What do we hit first... 20K views or 1K comments?

With the amount of people refreshing the thread for the storage deal, probably views :P

Also, do you think it'd be possible in lieu of the RAM for the "LET never enough for you fucks special" to get a second disk added instead of a price change?

Also, I think this thread should be renamed "Database By Design grabs LET by the balls". Seems more fitting.

• YuraYura Member

I got the "you're fucked" email from you.

If and when we have similar servers and you’re still interested we will obviously give you first shot at them.

And that would be "never", given you obviously have shortage of 10yo crap and it won't be produced ever again? I'm not quite following this. I managed to snap one deal in the 5 minute window and that was when my luck ran out. Chasing your new flash sales is the "first shot" your promised or it's not?

@hzr reported to receive several machines. What deal was that, E3 or the one you said would be limited to 1 per customer and still ran out?

I'm sad and disappointed.

Thanked by 1alexyaoyang
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Always nice to read if other people get several machines and you nothing.

And still no replacement deal, so total was of time again.

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited July 2017

New modified spec with less orders:

Single Hex core X5660 24GB RAM 2x 10K 146GB SAS - no more SSD option :( 1 Usable IP 1Gbps Port 10TB Bandwidth CentOS 6 64bit (Self Install Any OS After Setup) Full Root Access Dedicated IPMI $14/m annual billing

Is this happening today? And would this be another group buy? How many orders do you need?

• He's busy, putting my /64.

• @Yura said:
    I got the "you're fucked" email from you.

If and when we have similar servers and you’re still interested we will obviously give you first shot at them.

And that would be "never", given you obviously have shortage of 10yo crap and it won't be produced ever again? I'm not quite following this. I managed to snap one deal in the 5 minute window and that was when my luck ran out. Chasing your new flash sales is the "first shot" your promised or it's not?

@hzr reported to receive several machines. What deal was that, E3 or the one you said would be limited to 1 per customer and still ran out?

I'm sad and disappointed.

We're seeing multiple people picking up multiple specials. This thread has had like 5 different specials so far. Nothing wrong if you want one 'Special A', one 'Special B' one 'Special C' ect.

No one got more than 1 server for the E5450 for $58.14 per 6m special.

• @Neoon said:
    Always nice to read if other people get several machines and you nothing.

And still no replacement deal, so total was of time again.

Plenty of other fish in the sea my friend. Quick look on LET and I'm sure you can find some equally shitty/old hardware.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @DatabasebyDesignLLC do you think two larger HDD's would be possible for those if you take away the SSD?

• @MagicalTrain said:
    @DatabasebyDesignLLC do you think two larger HDD's would be possible for those if you take away the SSD?

We might be able to swing 2x 300GB SAS drives. Would be very limited qty though. Only enough for a few servers.

edited July 2017

Well, still 4x the Price as the offer before, 35$ is not bad for a E3 but I also saw it cheaper before.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited July 2017

Hi @DatabaseByDesignLLC

Glad to see your sales are going well… but you may think on at least respond to tickets from who order the first promotion.

On first promotion, it was announced that all servers would be deployed with CentOS 6 but that after we could request Free of Charge a OS re-install made by your team.

I made that request, your team said it would make it on July 9… waited some days.. no response. I open new ticket to ask for an update and you responded with changed conditions saying that now you don’t do free OS re-installs and that I need to use IPMI.

I said ok and close that ticket. I then tried to do the OS re-installation and was able to connect and start CentOS 7 install… but at the middle of installation it always freezes (tried many times).

Also I went on holidays so my current internet connection is not the best. So I opened a new ticket asking for your team to make the OS re-install and told you that I was willing to wait.

The problem is that Ticket was open on 17 July and until now, nothing done and not even a response on the ticket. If you give me response on the ticket I would not have to be here on LET sharing my history..

It’s the first working with your company and I’m looking forward to start using the server! Paid annually. But no managed support does not means (at least in my world) to ignore a ticket for more than 10 days.

I’m just asking for your company to meet the sales terms that I agree when I bought the server and also to respond to tickets. I think that is not asking too much!

Hope to see feedback on my ticket soon. Thanks

Hey @nqservices, I'm willing to help you out if you want me to. I was able to get my OS reloaded over IPMI. If you don't hear back from dbd, shoot me a pm if you want.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @MasonR said:
    Hey @nqservices, I'm willing to help you out if you want me to. I was able to get my OS reloaded over IPMI. If you don't hear back from dbd, shoot me a pm if you want.

Thanks a lot! This community is great! Will do if I don't get a response / solution in the next 24 hours.

• Flash #3 is up. More to come

• >

Responded. Basically it's the same thing we've said before. These are self-managed and you're given all of the tools to install any OS. We cannot provide that level of support on these low priced servers free of charge.

• saibalsaibal Member

DatabaseByDesignLLC said: Flash #3 is up. More to come

Aaaaand its gone :(

• spammyspammy Member

Flash #3 is up. More to come

OOS already? that's quick

• saibalsaibal Member

spammy said: that's quick

lasted 3 mins for this one

• hzrhzr Member
    edited July 2017

Yura said: @hzr reported to receive several machines. What deal was that, E3 or the one you said would be limited to 1 per customer and still ran out?

I only had 1 of the ancient xeons for 58-59. 99% of my account are E3s.

Have had multiple E3 deploys, waiting on the older xeons.

• hzrhzr Member

As a note: I successfully self-reinstalled OS via virtual media mounting on the first try for everything, I did not need to ask support for anything at all, but had to disable all java security in a VM to do so

• @hzr are you saying you connected to https://76.72.166.203:22106/ ?

• @tenpera said:
    @hzr are you saying you connected to https://76.72.166.203:22106/ ?

Did you open a ticket to enable the IPMI? I don't think that one is.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited July 2017

Responded.

LET Helpdesk works! ;)

• edited July 2017

4 is up.

4 is up.

My refund is still not up, so I cannot buy more shit.

Any URL?

• Neoon said: Any URL?

Agreed, which url? I've clicked a few in this thread an they aren't the ones.

• saibalsaibal Member

Neoon said: Any URL?

https://www.databasebydesignllc.com/newportal/cart.php?a=add&pid=20034

Currently sold out though.

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC yup, I opened the ticket, but you scared me, so I gave up for /64.

This discussion has been closed.