Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special - Page 25
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special

Comments

• @Neoon said:
    Did anyone of you got the special?

We wait a week, nothing delivered and he keeps promising the delivery.

Just disappointed.

Trust me, wasn't fun setting these things up either. I can't give you a blade with bad memory or CPU and we don't have 10 yr old spare parts laying around.

• @tenpera said:
    I only got 16G ram rather than 32G...

See above. We had these listed wrong in our inventory. If you want a full refund just let us know.

• If someone decides to cancel, I'll take it :)

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited July 2017

@DatabaseByDesignLLC I don't want refund, nope. You could've given me a bigger hdd rather than 120g disk..

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@DatabaseByDesignLLC said:

@Neoon said:

Just disappointed.

Trust me, wasn't fun setting these things up either. I can't give you a blade with bad memory or CPU and we don't have 10 yr old spare parts laying around.

Well, you keep telling us they will be delivered, on the 7th Day I get nothing else as a refund.

If you would tell us, after 24-48 Hours, you have not enought Hardware, to deliver it, its okay but keeping costumers waiting a hole week and telling them afterwards no.

You do not have any other hardware that you could use as replacement for the last people?

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    If someone decides to cancel, I'll take it :)

The idea wasn't to say to you guys, ah fuck it, tough shit... but rather give you your money back, let us fix this hardware, then see if you're still interested. You guys waited a week already, can't think you'd want to wait another week without anything... so money returned for now :) you can always send it back to us if you see something you like.

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

The idea wasn't to say to you guys, ah fuck it, tough shit... but rather give you your money back, let us fix this hardware, then see if you're still interested. You guys waited a week already, can't think you'd want to wait another week without anything... so money returned for now :) you can always send it back to us if you see something you like.

Are you actually making money out of this or is this some sort of charity sale?

@Saragoldfarb said:

Cheers, no worries. I'll live :)

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

I wouldn't call it a charity sale... but we're not making much of anything on it either. If you look at some earlier posts way back we're doing this for some good PR and the possibility of an up-sale. You guys aren't dumb, look at the cost of the gear, see how much we're charging then add in labor, power/cooling, space, other resources ect.

Thanked by 2tenpera Aidan

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

add in labor, power/cooling, space, other resources ect.

This is what I was referring too, it sounds like you are working for minimum wage or below minimum wage. I was thinking you were getting some sort of sexual satisfaction from this, because for sure I'm not seeing any $$$ signs on these sales. You are doing literally rock bottom prices.

Anyways good luck, and hope everything goes well!

• edited July 2017

@Neoon said:

@Neoon said:

Just disappointed.

Well, you keep telling us they will be delivered, on the 7th Day I get nothing else as a refund.

If you would tell us, after 24-48 Hours, you have not enought Hardware, to deliver it, its okay but keeping costumers waiting a hole week and telling them afterwards no.

You do not have any other hardware that you could use as replacement for the last people?

it's not ideal but I can't force the gear to work. It showed problems during/after setup. Would you like me to send you a fault server with bad memory? We all know these servers are old and cheap, but we're still trying to provide you with a quality server. Not sure why you're so butt hurt on this one pal.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

add in labor, power/cooling, space, other resources ect.

This is what I was referring too, it sounds like you are working for minimum wage or below minimum wage. I was thinking you were getting some sort of sexual satisfaction from this, because for sure I'm not seeing any $$$ signs on these sales. You are doing literally rock bottom prices.

Anyways good luck, and hope everything goes well!

It's filler work.... no one is making a living off of selling to you LET fucks :)

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC How do I close the ticket?

edited July 2017

@Neoon said:

@Neoon said:

Just disappointed.

it's not idle but I can't force the gear to work. It showed problems during/after setup. Would you like me to send you a fault server with bad memory? We all know these servers are old and cheap, but we're still trying to provide you with a quality server. Not sure why you're so butt hurt on this one pal.

Well, I am pissed about the misinforming that happend.

From your side, you maybe tried to give us something cheap, thanks but next time, please before you do those offers, check if you have enought working hardware.

• @Neoon said:
    Well, I am pissed about the misinforming that happend.

ok

• NekkiNekki Veteran

You guys aren't dumb, look at the cost of the gear, see how much we're charging then add in labor, power/cooling, space, other resources ect.

Sir, you expect too much.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @Neoon said:
    From your side, you maybe tried to give us something cheap, thanks but next time, please before you do those offers, check if you have enought working hardware.

You're really not getting this but that's ok. I'll explain it again. When a mommy server and a daddy server get together, sometimes their baby server is fucked.... Unfortunately we don't know that until after we setup them up, sometimes they work after a standard burn-in but you throw it on the network and the memory throws ECC errors all of the place.

Hex core /w HT X5670 @ 2.93GHz , 32GB RAM, 4x 1TB SATA, Basic HW RAID, iDRAC, 1GE, 25TB BW, IPv4/IPv6 - - - $72/quarter

Would be interesting with an option to bypass the hardware raid controller. ZFS + ecc ram is better.

Thanked by 1Falzo

@Neoon said:

You're really not getting this but that's ok. I'll explain it again. When a mommy server and a daddy server get together, sometimes their baby server is fucked.... Unfortunately we don't know that until after we setup them up, sometimes they work after a standard burn-in but you throw it on the network and the memory throws ECC errors all of the place.

How can you stay so long in Business then?

You get hardware, not validating anything on it, posting offers and you cannot deliver.

• edited July 2017

@Neoon said:

@Neoon said:

You get hardware, not validating anything on it, posting offers and you cannot deliver.

We breed Yeti's.... lots of money in Yeti fucking

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @vimalware said:

Hex core /w HT X5670 @ 2.93GHz , 32GB RAM, 4x 1TB SATA, Basic HW RAID, iDRAC, 1GE, 25TB BW, IPv4/IPv6 - - - $72/quarter

Would be interesting with an option to bypass the hardware raid controller. ZFS + ecc ram is better.

Yes, you can setup the drives as JBOD and present them directly.

Thanked by 1vimalware

@Neoon said:

@Neoon said:

And no spare Yeti left? Wired.

• @Neoon said:
    You get hardware, validating it, posting offers and you cannot deliver broken hardware to customers.

Fixed it for ya champ :)

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @Neoon said:

And no spare Yeti left? Wired.

they fucked themselves silly.... it happens.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @DatabaseByDesignLLC ipv6 can be allocated if I ask?

edited July 2017

@Neoon said:
    You get hardware, validating it, posting offers and you do not deliver broken hardware but empty promises.

Fixed.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@vimalware said:

Anyways a tempting offer again, I'd jump on if only those come with something like a /29 IPv4...

Thanked by 2vimalware alown
  • @Falzo said:

@vimalware said:

Anyways a tempting offer again, I'd jump on if only those come with something like a /29 IPv4...

For me, its more of a question of whether Im fast enough to get one or not. You fuckers are faster than me in buying old shit.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @MagicalTrain said:

@Falzo said:

@vimalware said:

For me, its more of a question of whether Im fast enough to get one or not. You fuckers are faster than me in buying old shit.

I'm always sleeping when they are buying shits.

• @Falzo said:

@vimalware said:

Ah. I kind of assumed it was a /29.

This discussion has been closed.