Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special

Comments

• @Neeon I posted one awhile back but you have to be a Yeti to find it.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

@Neoon said:
    I did not see any benchmarks yet, usually the thread gets flooded by benchmarks.

depends on which benchmarks you want. I have original DBD offer's benchmarks at https://community.centminmod.com/threads/databasebydesign-july-4th-special-intel-xeon-e3-1230-for-17-76-month.12292/ :)

• I am guessing we still have a few more hours to wait here. It's 10:07 PM there. I am crossing my fingers it arrives today.

• Not gonna happen.

• saibalsaibal Member

The order links have been removed from the DbD website. Maybe they've started to provision.

• emails are going out now.... please open a ticket if you want to use the idrac's, they are not easy to run with the newer version of Java (ActiveX is recommended believe it or not).

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited July 2017

@DatabaseByDesignLLC said:
    emails are going out now.... please open a ticket if you want to use the idrac's, they are not easy to run with the newer version of Java (ActiveX is recommended believe it or not).

Indeed newer java versions disable MD5 signed files. I am using my Ubuntu 16.04 LXDE based docker image with VNC support to run java consoles now https://github.com/centminmod/docker-ubuntu-vnc-desktop. Confirmed working with DBD Dell iDRAC's console. I disabled the MD5 signed restriction.

• It seems we've had some mixed up inventory numbers on RAM on some of these specials..... hold tight we're working on it.

• clarity_64clarity_64 Member
    edited July 2017

It looks like mine just got delivered. I'll have to find a way to connect.

Is it normal for the iDRAC to refuse connect on the port and IP given?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2017

I got no email, still pending, since Friday last week.

• order number?

edited July 2017

order number?

8536530095, its paid, and pending.

• Any more fucking special?

• jihchijihchi Member

@DatabaseByDesignLLC

I asked for idrac but the staff told me:

This order was cancelled per your first ticket.

Yes. but I didn't get any response from that ticket and didn't get the refund.
    I thought I still have this order.

I replied the ticket and no response...

• @jihchi said:
    @DatabaseByDesignLLC

I asked for idrac but the staff told me:

This order was cancelled per your first ticket.

Yes. but I didn't get any response from that ticket and didn't get the refund.
    I thought I still have this order.

I replied the ticket and no response...

So firstly you order the group buy, not this E5450 special. Secondly you asked us to cancel it... we clearly said after the 27th we'd start processing refunds if the group buy didn't happen. Just hold tight and we'll get you your money back, but you can't order something, ask for a cancellation then expect us to keep your order.

• @cgs3238 said:
    Any more fucking special?

We've got some nice 'storage' oriented systems coming out today.

• Do you have an ETA on the freedom dedi provisioning?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@cgs3238 said:
    Any more fucking special?

We've got some nice 'storage' oriented systems coming out today.

Hi, I'm Nekki and I have a storage addiction.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @DatabaseByDesignLLC order number 5785534099, no email, paid and pending

• Same here. Order: 2744490638. I don't mind the extra wait. An ETA would be great though.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

DBD might have a email issue as way back for original $17/m deal email for server config setup/welcome never came, and re-sent email never came either. So definitely submit a ticket and ask.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @eva2000 said:
    DBD might have a email issue as way back for original $17/m deal email for server config setup/welcome never came, and re-sent email never came either. So definitely submit a ticket and ask.

Order confirmation delivered straight to my inbox though. I dunno, don't wanna bug them right away with a ticket as they're already going above and beyond with this offer.

• Looks like I got myself some extra beer money for the weekend:

Unfortunately we ran into some unforeseen hardware issues which has caused a shortage.  
    At this time we do not have a firm ETA on when new servers will be available for deployment.   
    We do apologize for this inconvenience and will process your refund in 24 hours.  
    If and when we have similar servers and you’re still interested we will obviously give
     you first shot at them.

Oh well, better luck next time.

• I have mine delivered, thanks. @DatabaseByDesignLLC

edited July 2017

Did anyone of you got the special?

We wait a week, nothing delivered and he keeps promising the delivery.

Just disappointed.

• SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
    edited July 2017

@Neoon said:

Check my previous post :(

@Saragoldfarb said:

@Neoon said:

Check my previous post :(

My post was related to yours...................................................................

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • edited July 2017

Sorry to the few that got screwed this time around... wasn't intentional.. This gear isn't brand spankin' new and a few of the blades showed CPU and/or memory issues.

Additionally as mentioned a few (dozen??) posts ago these servers have 16GB not 32GB. That's our mistake... We're going to check with vendors in the AM about getting more ram but we will likely offer

A) a full refund if you don't want the 16G server or
    B) discount the cost _slightly _and refund that to you and you can keep this server..

That said, even ~8/m ain't bad for a dual E5450 /w 16GB RAM :)

At this time if you haven't received your 'LET never enough for you fucks special' or an email saying you'll get a refund in 24hrs please open a ticket.

All other pending specials will be setup this afternoon

Keep an eye out for the following flash sales today:

Hex core /w HT X5670 @ 2.93GHz , 32GB RAM, 4x 1TB SATA, Basic HW RAID, iDRAC, 1GE, 25TB BW, IPv4/IPv6 - - - $72/quarter

• I only got 16G ram rather than 32G...

This discussion has been closed.