Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special - Page 30
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special

Comments

• @WSS said:

@DatabaseByDesignLLC Just keep reminding yourself that you signed up for this..

It's all good.

• Finally. This last guy finally put some extra Yeti in.... good to you sir! Top of the list!

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC said:
    Finally. This last guy finally put some extra Yeti in.... good to you sir! Top of the list!

did i win the $5000 per week sweepstakes?

Finally. This last guy finally put some extra Yeti in.... good to you sir! Top of the list!

can you please check this DBD-07282017-G493

• vetvettervetvetter Member
    edited July 2017

@DatabaseByDesignLLC said:

Scott I put some extra Yeti in for the 5450's. Still no 5450..... :(

What gives.....?? I didn't even get an f you email...

Who do I need to f in order to get a server around here?!?!

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

@alown said:

@eva2000 said:

emails are going out now.... please open a ticket if you want to use the idrac's, they are not easy to run with the newer version of Java (ActiveX is recommended believe it or not).

Indeed newer java versions disable MD5 signed files. I am using my Ubuntu 16.04 LXDE based docker image with VNC support to run java consoles now https://github.com/centminmod/docker-ubuntu-vnc-desktop. Confirmed working with DBD Dell iDRAC's console. I disabled the MD5 signed restriction.

Finally tried this solution. Amazing. Thank you so much. Easy and works great.

you're welcome

@nqservices said:

@MasonR said:
    Hey @nqservices, I'm willing to help you out if you want me to. I was able to get my OS reloaded over IPMI. If you don't hear back from dbd, shoot me a pm if you want.

Hi @MasonR

DbD already replied and they will not do the re-install as promissed. And because I'm still on holidays with a shit internet connection I would really appreciate your help on this! Should I send you a PM?

Thanks

If you have a bad connection, best thing is to initiate the IPMI connection from a server closer to DBD with a more reliable connection - i launched IPMI console from my Ubuntu VNC docker image https://github.com/centminmod/docker-ubuntu-vnc-desktop from a OVH BHS server so US East coast closer to DBD. You can probably spin up a Vultr New Jersey VPS temporarily and launch a docker Ubuntu VNC session from there to use firefox an DBD IPMI console.

But if you're internet connection is really bad, managing even CentOS 7 server and required software installs might also cut out and cause problems too i.e. incomplete installs requiring you to yet again do a fresh OS reload further down the track ? Just something to think about while you are riding an unreliable connection.

• Wow all this to install a OS, glad I passed..

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited July 2017

@painfreepc said:
    Wow all this to install a OS, glad I passed..

Yeah it isn't for everyone but at least for CentOS 7 you only have to do this once for CentOS 6 to CentOS 7. After that it's fairly easy to do a headless CentOS 7 VNC grub based reinstall. I use to do the same on DBD a few years back when I had a dedicated - just bypass IPMI and do CentOS 6 headless VNC reinstall.

Not sure how it's done with non-CentOS OS like Ubuntu etc.

hard to beat E3-1270v1 16GB 240GB ssd for $17.76/month ! Just perfect for my Centmin Mod development/testing :)

Thanked by 2WSS MasonR
  • WSSWSS Member

@eva2000 said:
    Not sure how it's done with non-CentOS OS like Ubuntu etc.

Please don't talk to him. He's not funny. He's fucking @jenkki, only capable of English.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran

Updated with screenshots of steps i use to launch my docker Ubuntu VNC image for IPMI access at https://github.com/centminmod/docker-ubuntu-vnc-desktop#dell-idrac-6-ipmi-java-console-usage

• @eva2000 said:
    Updated with screenshots of steps i use to launch my docker Ubuntu VNC image for IPMI access at https://github.com/centminmod/docker-ubuntu-vnc-desktop#dell-idrac-6-ipmi-java-console-usage

Thanks for sharing, wow real info I can use,
    Getting F#7king tire of hearing "if you don't know how, don't do it"

like running a Dedicated Server is some god dame exclusive club.

God Bless You..

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited July 2017

Holy shit, well that was fun...

Finally got IPMI/iDRAC working on the dual E5450 (LET never enough for you fucks special) box. The old bitch uses DRAC 4. I found the magical combo for me to be a Windows XP (32-bit, SP3), Java 6 32-bit, and Internet Explorer w/ ActiveX.

If anyone wants to pay me to do a reinstall for them, let me know. Won't be doing these pro-bono. Can't remember the last time I've touched XP. Can't say I blame DbD for not doing OS reloads on these boxes for free.

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • @MasonR said:
    Holy shit, well that was fun...

Finally got IPMI/iDRAC working on the dual E5450 (LET never enough for you fucks special) box. The old bitch uses DRAC 4. I found the magical combo for me to be a Windows XP (32-bit, SP3), Java 6 32-bit, and Internet Explorer w/ ActiveX.

If anyone wants to pay me to do a reinstall for them, let me know. Won't be doing these pro-bono. Can't remember the last time I've touched XP. Can't say I blame DbD for not doing OS reloads on these boxes for free.

My one is working too on Windows XP, IE8... :D

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @mtsbatalha would you write a tutorial?

• @tenpera said:
    @mtsbatalha would you write a tutorial?

Well, I think is very easy.

I'm running a Windows XP SP3, IE8. So when you try run IPMI website trought IE you will need install Activex which gives to you acess to DELL console so from there you can mount your own ISO....

• @mtsbatalha could I run virtualbox with XP and all those crap, then would it work?

• @tenpera said:
    @mtsbatalha could I run virtualbox with XP and all those crap, then would it work?

Yes, I'm using virtual box for this...

Thanked by 1tenpera
  • Is it just me here who still has not received that X5670?

• @sedotan said:
    Is it just me here who still has not received that X5670?

Storage box from yesterday? How do you figure that that one is going to be provision this fast?

Other servers have been taking about a week +/- to be provisioned.

• @mtsbatalha said:

@tenpera said:
    @mtsbatalha could I run virtualbox with XP and all those crap, then would it work?

Yes, I'm using virtual box for this...

Look this, my one is working:

• saibalsaibal Member

@DatabaseByDesignLLC: Any Yeti specials today? Been a quiet Saturday so far...

• He doesn't work Weekend.

• Finally got the iDRAC to work. There's no 64-bit support on the iDRAC for the "never enough" specials, and using 32-bit Linux didn't work so had to take the XP in VirtualBox route to get it installing via a netboot image ... it takes a long while for it to boot, as it has to upload it all.

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
    edited July 2017

So... anybody got refunded already?

@DatabaseByDesignLLC Cheers ;)

• Monday morning updates:

Refunds for the people who we couldn't setup due to hardware issues went out Friday or this morning. If you didn't get a server for the 'never enough' special ($58.14/m) and didn't get a refund yet please open a ticket and we'll get you sorted.

Memory difference on the above special. As indicated we tried to get more DDR2 in but it didn't work out. We'll be sending an email out to everyone who ordered and was provisioned with the following options:

A) full refund

B) adjustment to $8.50/mo and credit

The 'storage' specials as people have been calling them will start to go out today... can't commit 100% that all of them will be ready but at least 3 or 4 will be.

The 'group buy' that was replaced with the single hex core X5660 /w 24GB RAM and 2x 146GB SAS will start to provision this Wed and Thurs. We have a few requests for refund instead of the different hardware, they will process today and tomorrow.

• Since we're close.... whoever has the 1000th comment in this thread get's a X3460 dedicated server /w 16G RAM and 2x 500GB HD for $60/yr if you want it. Otherwise it'll go to the 1001st and so on.

figure it will take another day or two.

Since we're close.... whoever has the 1000th comment in this thread get's a X3460 dedicated server /w 16G RAM and 2x 500GB HD for $60/yr if you want it. Otherwise it'll go to the 1001st and so on.

meeee

• meee
    tooo

Since we're close.... whoever has the 1000th comment in this thread get's a X3460 dedicated server /w 16G RAM and 2x 500GB HD for $60/yr if you want it. Otherwise it'll go to the 1001st and so on.

Do you have any of these left? besides the one for the 1000th comment?

• @aaraya1516 said:

Do you have any of these left? besides the one for the 1000th comment?

I'm interested too...

This discussion has been closed.