Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VortexNode struggling - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VortexNode struggling

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2017

@Ishaq said:

@Francisco said: $5/year was doable at first

Hope you mean month because if not then I missed that $5/year Atom.

Covfefe'd.

Francisco

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited June 2017

@Francisco said:

@Ishaq said:

@Francisco said: $5/year was doable at first

Hope you mean month because if not then I missed that $5/year Atom.

Covfefe'd.

Let me guess - you also have a good pull out game :p

• Better than House of cards season 5

• jikjikjikjik Member

We got two servers (AT and LA) for a customer from VortexNode and they said they are not moving them.
    The customer has been really happy so far.

• I was offered partial refund via account credit on ticket when I did not accept kvm -> openvz on my yearly VPS. Did anyone get it refunded back to pay pal?

• hzrhzr Member

advarisk said: partial refund

partial? moving from kvm to openvz makes your service literally completely useless

• @hzr said:

partial? moving from kvm to openvz makes your service literally completely useless

For time unused, was yearly deal. Someone earlier mentioned he got a refund too..

• YuraYura Member

@advarisk said:

@hzr said:

For time unused, was yearly deal. Someone earlier mentioned he got a refund too..

Lol, they are treating you badly by offering you less than they promised in the letter. Taking 50% in credits and canceling vps is much less than moving vps and getting 50% in credits. Don't agree to it. If they won't provision kvm or refund to paypal I will consider opening a dispute and see how it goes.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

They canceled my paid server before the end of the billing cycle and blamed DC for the mistake. Requested for the refund still no reply.

• williewillie Member

hzr said:

If you got to use it as a kvm for half a year before the move, then getting the other half refunded sounds ok under the circumstances.

They moved my kvm and didn't say anything about switching it to openvz. I haven't yet gotten around to checking. Openvz is ok for how I'm using it though such a change still would be annoying.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I said this would eventually happen.. And lots of people attacked me with their pockets full of guns... They were praising for VortexNode, believing that this "company" would get them superb prices below their actual cost...

Well, those who ordered, deserve what's happening TBH. Not to take as an offense, but I was one of the few that mentioned true facts and even tried to get people to think twice before ordering.

When even Mr El Cheapo doesn't approve an offer/company, there's a strong reason for that.

Even though, the owner or whatever, asked us for several quotes which we sent the very same day and they kept delaying the job. We lost faith, they had no money nor linovus or whatever is a big company as they make it look like.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @MikePT said:
    I said this would eventually happen.. And lots of people attacked me with their pockets full of guns... They were praising for VortexNode, believing that this "company" would get them superb prices below their actual cost...

Well, those who ordered, deserve what's happening TBH. Not to take as an offense, but I was one of the few that mentioned true facts and even tried to get people to think twice before ordering.

When even Mr El Cheapo doesn't approve an offer/company, there's a strong reason for that.

Even though, the owner or whatever, asked us for several quotes which we sent the very same day and they kept delaying the job. We lost faith, they had no money nor linovus or whatever is a big company as they make it look like.

A lot of providers knew this wouldn't last. A few customers did too but still, the pricing was tempting for them. As the old saying goes - If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

I agree thats why I paid monthly. We knew the ship was going to sink, but may as well have fun and stand at the end of the Pier as the sun sets behind the flaming wreckage. I mean its a tragic scene in a good view. It ended before it got out of hand and I respect Mag for his time here and its sad to see him go.

Farewell VortexNode you served us well.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • huntercophuntercop Member
    edited June 2017

I was told all of my KVM will be converted to OpenVZ and apparently I have no voice - WTF.
    Also no one is responding to my ticket when I tried to get more information...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:

A lot of providers knew this wouldn't last. A few customers did too but still, the pricing was tempting for them. As the old saying goes - If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Indeed! :)

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@MikePT said:

I agree thats why I paid monthly. We knew the ship was going to sink, but may as well have fun and stand at the end of the Pier as the sun sets behind the flaming wreckage. I mean its a tragic scene in a good view. It ended before it got out of hand and I respect Mag for his time here and its sad to see him go.

Farewell VortexNode you served us well.

Well they are still serving, though not that well :p

• andrewandrew Member
    edited June 2017

What i got from staff:

Your atom dedi will remain in the UK however there will be a price increase to $15/mth at the next billing cycle.

Their migration purpose is about billing not location!

• swainswain Member
    edited June 2017

Los Angeles:

This was sent to me after I inquired about 2 hours of downtime.

removed,

Unfortunately, the data center this server was hosted in has reclaimed the box today. You can contact them to see if they still have your data but unfortunately it is no longer with us.

I noticed you've paid an invoice for this service recently, I've processed a refund and you should see it in 5-10 business days.

Sorry for the inconvience this has caused you.

--
    Regards,
    Redacted Name
    Manager, Technical Services

• angstromangstrom Moderator

swain said: Los Angeles:

removed,

Unfortunately, the data center this server was hosted in has reclaimed the box today. You can contact them to see if they still have your data but unfortunately it is no longer with us.

No advance warning? That's pretty brutal.

• KrisKris Member

swain said: Unfortunately, the data center this server was hosted in has reclaimed the box today. You can contact them to see if they still have your data but unfortunately it is no longer with us.

That sounds like CC was giving them some time after not being able to pay bills to move their servers and data, but probably were angry (see previous posts in here) that VN lied about network issues and reclaimed the boxes.

Still awaiting a reply what's going to happen to my UK Atom that just renewed May 28.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted / idled.

• swainswain Member
    edited June 2017

@angstrom said:

removed,

Zero warning.

All my data is gone and I get a refund.

lol.

Now I get this ticket reply. They are more worried about their support agents names than their customer's data and servers.

removed,

You redacted your name from your post, but you left mine. That's also not cool. Please edit your post.

--
    Regards,
    Redacted Name

I'll redact your name once you compensate me for my server randomly getting seized.

• I think linovus.ca is changing all the company... Hosting provider for Dev/Managment services... And dont care about any old client.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited June 2017

swain said: You redacted your name from your post, but you left mine. That's also not cool. Please edit your post.

-- Regards, Redacted Name Manager, Technical Services

So this guy Redacted Name reads LET posts quasi-immediately?

• cheapservzcheapservz Member
    edited June 2017

@swain said:

@angstrom said:

removed,

Zero warning.

All my data is gone and I get a refund.

lol.

Now I get this ticket reply. They are more worried about their support agents names than their customer's data and servers.

removed,

You redacted your name from your post, but you left mine. That's also not cool. Please edit your post.

--
    Regards,
    Redacted Name

I'll redact your name once you compensate me for my server randomly getting seized.

Hope you had backups using cheap unicorn services like that. Think he's worried about his own name being blasted over the net though. It's a company, not just that one guy. Just sayin.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • @swain Yeah, no reason for you to spam the support guy's name on the net, wtf?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

swain said: I'll redact your name once you compensate me for my server randomly getting seized.

That's not cool. While I don't see the issue with posting a support ticket with the support persons name in it I do see issue with you holding him personally at ransom. As such I've remove his name from this thread..

Let me be clear, this wasn't because of his request. I was content with leaving it there, it was due to your move of personally holding him at ransom.

• seanhoseanho Member

Just wanted to follow up that my Christmas Special KVM in NJ was successfully migrated to Toronto, same specs (still KVM), data intact.

I don't have anything critical on it, and my backups are solid, so I plan on keeping it as long as it runs; not much to lose. Sad to see them pull out of the LE market, hope this is only a contraction of the business and not a sign of imminent failure.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2017

CVPS_Chris said: hzr said: Are you sure? They just sent out yet another email

Yes we are sure 100%. With all the hosts that purchase from ColoCrossing, don't you think you would see a hell of a lot of more threads? How come Virmach, ChicagoVPS, HudsonValleyHost, and countless other hosts are all online with no "network" problems?

@CVPS_Chris enters and his theme song plays...

#WINNING

I still think of this song when I see you in a thread and laugh!

takes a moment of silence

Cheers!

• swainswain Member

@trewq said:

swain said: I'll redact your name once you compensate me for my server randomly getting seized.

That's not cool. While I don't see the issue with posting a support ticket with the support persons name in it I do see issue with you holding him personally at ransom. As such I've remove his name from this thread..

Let me be clear, this wasn't because of his request. I was content with leaving it there, it was due to your move of personally holding him at ransom.

Lol, you are such a nazi mod.

It's an expression of my anger. Quit taking everything so seriously.

• swain said: Lol, you are such a nazi mod.

Nah, I stand by @Trewq's decision.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@swain said:

@trewq said:

Lol, you are such a nazi mod.

It's an expression of my anger. Quit taking everything so seriously.

You made a clear cut statement, I don't know how else you expected it to be taken.

This discussion has been closed.