Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VortexNode struggling - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VortexNode struggling

Comments

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited May 2017

@teamacc said:

To be fair it turned out to be mostly 300mbit unlimited/unmetered. Not real 1gbit burst if I am to believe some of the complaints about it.

Probably was but that's still utterly stupid and unsustainable pricing for 100TB bandwidth.

• DwayneDwayne Member

@risturiz said:

@Dwayne said:

thharris said: But they won't refund me for the UK atom which I just paid for untill August 28th.

I got a refund earlier today for the same billing period.

With Paypal dispute?

No, I just asked them and they then issued the refund.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2017

@Francisco said:

raindog308 said: Canada might not be suitable for your needs.

Quit hating on the colonies man :/

Francisco

'specially after the lumber lax. We were making too much of a trade "surplus"? I guess trumpo wants every dime.

EDIT: he'll come begging for our wood once he realizes that he screwed up. (and we'll charge HIM a fee for economic uncertainty)

• @doghouch said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

'specially after the lumber lax. We were making too much of a trade "surplus"? I guess trumpo wants every dime.

EDIT: he'll come begging for our wood once he realizes that he screwed up. (and we'll charge HIM a fee for economic uncertainty)

be careful, we might need a wall on our northern border too.

Thanked by 2Francisco deadbeef
  • chxchx Member

Let me ask, what's CC above?

• ashkulzashkulz Member

ColoCrossing.

• For what it's worth, I've got 3 dedicated boxes with VortexNode and because I required ipv6, none are in ColoCrossing DCs and none are being affected by the forced migration. They have solid uptime and I'm paying a fair price (not the crazy unsustainable deals mentioned).

• Well I asked to cancel all services. They replied ok but only mentioned vps's and shared hosting. I replied asking about the UK atom and they said.

"We cannot refund you any amount on the ATOM servers. But, let us be very clear here that the prices may go up higher or we may direct you to the UK data center site directly."

Kind of a lame reply I don't really know whats happening to it at this point. I replied asking for more clarification.

• I just cancel all services and be waiting best deals of other providers. :)

• fanfan Veteran

I bet some providers are already preparing the vortexnode refugee deals right now.

• hzrhzr Member

I am look for REFUGEE DEAL too, have multiple VPS and dedicated

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@fan said:
    I bet some providers are already preparing the vortexnode refugee deals right now.

Specially the deals at below cost of delivering them.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2017

@maldovia said:

@doghouch said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

be careful, we might need a wall on our northern border too.

When he realizes that the 45th parallel (between the border) already costs the US billions of bucks a year, and building a wall would cost at least 5x that of maintaining the gap, he'll have to charge us a tax to fund it.

• @doghouch said:

When he that the 45th parallel (between the border) already costs the US billions of bucks a year, and building a wall would cost at least 5x that of maintaining the gap, he'll have to charge us a tax to fund it.

Such a fiscal conservative in our midst!

• AlyssaDAlyssaD Member

So was this bad management at Vortex node, or did CC shake the tree to see if more apples would fall?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

@AlyssaD said:
    So was this bad management at Vortex node, or did CC shake the tree to see if more apples would fall?

IIRC 'London' is affected too, and CC doesn't do London, so I don't think it's the case of the latter.

• cjdcjd Member

I have a dedi Atom and a $10 NJ VPS with them and they've said:

'Your NJ VPS will be moved to Toronto. However, we'll soon announce about the UK servers. UK server will be either directed to data center or there will be increment in price by a few $.'

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

Lets see some of those horrible Toronto benchmarks after they ram everyone onto that old hardware they have there.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Thanked by 2raindog308 doghouch
  • So only one of my dedis will be affected, and that too only a price increase (10$). No migration.

Thanked by 2Francisco Nick
  • williewillie Member

maldovia said: be careful, we might need a wall on our northern border too.

• They'll have some services not being renewed . Too bad...

• defaultdefault Veteran

I have 2 VPS with them, and now they want to move them from KVM to OpenVZ.

• ucxoucxo Member

@default said:

I think the only appropriate reply to that is the laughing Bender video we all know and love.

• @ucxo said:

@default said:

I think the only appropriate reply to that is the laughing Bender video we all know and love.

Please, please, reply to the ticket with this.

• ucxoucxo Member

@Dextronox said:

@ucxo said:

Please, please, reply to the ticket with this.

"Fortunately" I only had one of the $5 UK Atom dedis with them (which was due for renewal the day after their infamous email, so it's obviously cancelled now).

• imokimok Member

I got the email minutes just before I was ready to make the payment. Cancelled instead.

4 core KVM 6GB RAM + cPanel at $20/m (other people at $15). Good times.

• lurchlurch Member

I opened a ticket requesting a refund and they said they would pass onto billing just tried to login to see if any updates and

User not found or password cannot be reset.

• HadrielHadriel Member

I cancelled that Atom as well. Enjoyed the service while I had it.

• hzrhzr Member

Sad that vortexnode is gone.

This discussion has been closed.