Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VortexNode struggling - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VortexNode struggling

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

default said: I have 2 VPS with them, and now they want to move them from KVM to OpenVZ.

Ask them how they plan to migrate your encrypted home directory?

lurch said: I opened a ticket requesting a refund and they said they would pass onto billing just tried to login to see if any updates and

User not found or password cannot be reset.

So they are going bust and have no money to refund anyone and do not wish to be inconvenienced by you any further.. seems about the bottom line.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

default said: I have 2 VPS with them, and now they want to move them from KVM to OpenVZ.

lurch said: I opened a ticket requesting a refund and they said they would pass onto billing just tried to login to see if any updates and

User not found or password cannot be reset.

So they are going bust and have no money to refund anyone and do not wish to be inconvenienced by you any further.. seems about the bottom line.

Doesn't look good considering jbiloh mentioned they were perfectly fine the other day. Unless....

Francisco

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: Doesn't look good considering jbiloh mentioned they were perfectly fine the other day. Unless....

>

if he told me water was wet I would have my doubts.

Thanked by 2vimalware Francisco
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

I shall not ask them anything. I will not request refunds. I consider this a dead horse and move on. There is no point in discussing or negotiating, I simply can no longer trust them. This hell is just starting, and there will be even more unhappy customers and lots of bad reviews as soon as they will enforce the movement and increase payments. It's a dead horse.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Doomed to Die.

• williewillie Member

They migrated my KVM after notifying me and communicating by ticket. Went smoothly enough even though being moved in the first place wasn't ideal. But now I better check that it's still a KVM not openvz :).

• sullensullen Member

I've already added funds to VortexNode because I was anticipating using that VPS for a long time, given the low price. I'm talking to them about getting it back but I don't know if they will.

Anyway, where are the refugee deals?

• @default said:

Is that from the office?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@doghouch said:

@default said:

Is that from the office?

Thanked by 1Yura
  • got an email about an updated ticket to migrate my vps and its still stuck in ATL LOL

• defaultdefault Veteran

@sullen said:
    I've already added funds to VortexNode because I was anticipating using that VPS for a long time, given the low price. I'm talking to them about getting it back but I don't know if they will.

Anyway, where are the refugee deals?

I don't think anyone wants citizens of VortexNode. To obtain rights in another location you have to be processed according to new regulations, accept and obey the new Terms and pay your new invoices and taxes. Because you still have funds and affinity towards VortexNode, anyone can doubt that one could even be able to adapt with new prices and taxes.

• To set the record straight, there has been no outages that VortexNode is claiming at any CC location and why they are claiming that is confusing.

Thanked by 1Francisco

@SysAdmin said:
    To set the record straight, there has been no outages that VortexNode is claiming at any CC location and why they are claiming that is confusing.

To be fair there would be an outage if a client doesn't pay their bill :P

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@SysAdmin said:
    To set the record straight, there has been no outages that VortexNode is claiming at any CC location and why they are claiming that is confusing.

To be fair there would be an outage if a client doesn't pay their bill :P

Francisco

Cough OneProvider

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

This is a shame to see, hopefully they pull things together.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@JSCL said:
    This is a shame to see, hopefully they pull things together.

• fanfan Veteran

Got the update on the $5 atoms, they'll triple the current price.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@fan said:

Thanked by 1raindog308

@fan said:

Gonna keep it?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@fan said:

Gonna keep it?

Francisco

I mean at $15/mo I can get a 4GB Slice with you so no.

• fanfan Veteran

@Francisco said:

@fan said:

Gonna keep it?

Francisco

Already cancelled.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited June 2017

SysAdmin said: To set the record straight, there has been no outages that VortexNode is claiming at any CC location and why they are claiming that is confusing.

Are you sure? They just sent out yet another email

--

As A Reminder
    Dear Users,

As you may have observed, we have been experiencing intermittent network issues in some locations. We sincerely apologize for these issues. These locations are in places where we buy servers and network access from data-centers where we don't own and manage the hardware.

--

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

hzr said: Are you sure? They just sent out yet another email

Yes we are sure 100%. With all the hosts that purchase from ColoCrossing, don't you think you would see a hell of a lot of more threads? How come Virmach, ChicagoVPS, HudsonValleyHost, and countless other hosts are all online with no "network" problems?

@hzr said:

SysAdmin said: To set the record straight, there has been no outages that VortexNode is claiming at any CC location and why they are claiming that is confusing.

Are you sure? They just sent out yet another email

--

As A Reminder
    Dear Users,

As you may have observed, we have been experiencing intermittent network issues in some locations. We sincerely apologize for these issues. These locations are in places where we buy servers and network access from data-centers where we don't own and manage the hardware.

--

Could be billing outages.

Most hosts don't power down boxes these days when it comes to billing out of fear of corrupting data, etc. Simply dropping the port is just as effective at sending a message.

Francisco

• hzrhzr Member

Great to have confirmation that I've been specifically lied to by VN though about "network issues".

I guess mag really was the only trustworthy person there.

• It could be financial network issues.

• @hzr said:
    Great to have confirmation that I've been specifically lied to by VN though about "network issues".

Uhm, he sold a lot of (unsustainable) deals and then moved on. How do you call that trustworthy?

Thanked by 1Falzo

@advarisk said:

@hzr said:

Uhm, he sold a lot of (unsustainable) deals and then moved on. How do you call that trustworthy?

Sales rep's don't always know what the companies cost is, they just get a ballpark range from management on what the floor should be. There's a good chance the $5/year was doable at first, but the renewals have to go up 3x.

Francisco

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Francisco said: $5/year was doable at first

Hope you mean month because if not then I missed that $5/year Atom.

This discussion has been closed.