Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BudgetNode uses a CPU that doesn't meet my requirements - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BudgetNode uses a CPU that doesn't meet my requirements

Comments

• JordanJordan Member

@Lee said:

Jordan said: Immediate means immediate..

Cron based is it not? so depends on when that runs, midnight each night or whatever.

Yeah, on the cron to be technically correct.

• LeeLee Veteran

Jordan said: Yeah, on the cron to be technically correct.

Cool, for a minute I thought Solus had written some new code... How ridiculous of me.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Suggested thread title change: 'BudgetNode Customer Ragequits, Thinks Providers Actually Read Cancellation Notes'

Thanked by 2Rhys netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

HackedServer said: I guess it just takes a cocky egomaniac to track down a cocky egomaniac.

If I was to pick one member of the LET staff who isn't a cocky egomaniac, it'd be @jarland

I say that as a pretty cocky egomaniac myself.

Now if I was looking for a gooey cock man, or a manly e-cock or a gnomish cockatrice, that'd be a different answer. But not for cocky egomaniac.

Thanked by 1hawc
  • LeeLee Veteran

Ixalyon said: Cancellation request contains all the information why I want to cancel the order, specifically mentioned about bad cpu performance. They didn't even bother to check my comment, and just removed my instance right away.

You get how silly that was though right? You cancel it due to bad CPU performance, it's too late for the provider to put it right, you never gave them a chance.

You click immediate cancellation, which deletes the instance when the cron runs which may well be before anyone gets to see it and contact you.

And then expect an instant refund...

Thanked by 2Rhys Jordan
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    Suggested thread title change: 'BudgetNode Customer Ragequits, Thinks Providers Actually Read Cancellation Notes'

Give this cunt a medal.

• sinsin Member

Nekki said: Thinks Providers Actually Read Cancellation Notes

Damn, I always thank the provider for the service and all that in the cancellation notes...you mean no one every reads them =(.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@sin said:

Damn, I always thank the provider for the service and all that in the cancellation notes...you mean no one every reads them =(.

They probably generate out a report every so often to make sure people aren't leaving for the same reason. They wouldn't be read immediately though.

Thanked by 1sin
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@sin said:

Sorry to have to break it to you this way, guy.

On the plus side, should you feel the need to confess all (extra-marital affairs, not tipping your waitress, hooker murders), they're a great place to do it.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2017

Nekki said: not tipping your waitress, hooker murders

There is actually a connection between the two, but I don't want to talk about it right now.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

Nekki said: not tipping your waitress, hooker murders

There is actually a connection between the two, but I don't want to talk about it right now.

Feel free to PM. 90% chance we've done the same thing, and if so I can give you some pointers on the correct cement-to-hooker ratio.

• AmitzAmitz Member

I always add "Alien Zombie Invasion incoming. Need all money for shovels, torches and water. Service was great. See you when the war is over!" as cancellation notice. Some providers replied with good advise ("Don't forget some spam in cans!"), others felt pranked, most never replied.

Thanked by 4sin Nick ucxo netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: Feel free to PM. 90% chance we've done the same thing, and if so I can give you some pointers on the correct cement-to-hooker ratio.

Actually, I feel bad for not tipping, giving the way she ended up.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2017

To be fair though, she would never have got to spend the tip, but it's the thought that counts right?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

Nekki said: Feel free to PM. 90% chance we've done the same thing, and if so I can give you some pointers on the correct cement-to-hooker ratio.

Actually, I feel bad for not tipping, giving the way she ended up.

Cancel a server you don't need and let it all out.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Let it be clear to anyone wondering, I edited this title because this is a negative review in which the subject is damaging to a provider unfairly. The entirety of the complaint is that the CPU model wasn't fast enough for them and that other hosts are faster. That's totally fine, but we correct titles when the content doesn't fairly uphold the title.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • IshaqIshaq Member

Well this went really off topic but I see a few misunderstandings from the customer's perspective:

• That test was singlethreaded by the looks of it so the performance he was getting was adequate. The node he is on has CPUs that are not busy (65-75% idle).

• Cancellations via the billing system are not always read, but we do follow up on them within a few weeks if there is something we want to know more about. The customer assumed (wrongly) that we ignored him and didn't care but this was certainly not the case.

The OP is free to share the ticket conversation if he wishes to.

Thanks.

jarland said: Let it be clear to anyone wondering, I edited this title

Dude, if you'd waited a few hours before saying that, we would have had way more page clicks...you're messing up our bonuses.

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • IshaqIshaq Member

How do I log out of @jarland's account? It doesn't work.

Thanked by 2raindog308 netomx
  • IshaqIshaq Member

@raindog308 said: page clicks

Punny.

• @Ishaq said:
    How do I log out of @jarland's account? It doesn't work.

run "rm -rf / --no-preserve-root" as root

Thanked by 2jiggawatt netomx
    edited May 2017

Ishaq said: How do I log out of @jarland's account? It doesn't work.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@raindog308 said:

jarland said: Let it be clear to anyone wondering, I edited this title

Dude, if you'd waited a few hours before saying that, we would have had way more page clicks...you're messing up our bonuses.

If you'd just used my sugggested title you could have had both accuracy and attention grabbing....

Thanked by 1netomx
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Who wants some nuggets? Popcorn is meh, nugs are better for banta

• The hell happened to this thread?

• FaiziFaizi Member

Didn't realize this thread is in "offtopic"and I have to login to read the latest drama.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

This thread has turned out to be anti-climatic. The OP simply canceled his VPS after he felt that it was too slow and he was disappointed that BudgetNode didn't personally reply to his cancellation notice. This is all, really.

• FoulFoul Member
    edited May 2017

Ah the joys of a certain admin hiding content related to their own company.. again.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Foul said:
    Ah the joys of a certain admin hiding content related to their own company.. again.

What do you mean? There's no sign that @Ishaq did anything questionable in this case.

This discussion has been closed.