Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BudgetNode uses a CPU that doesn't meet my requirements - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BudgetNode uses a CPU that doesn't meet my requirements

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Don't engage with Prouty. Just ignore him, remember what you're dealing with.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ScammerProut said:

@jarland said:
    Prout always maintains a very calm and level-headed reaction to being called by his name, and always maintains that it isn't him. He speaks very maturely and is very friendly in his posts. He hopes that one day someone will call him the victim of my crusade against his latest scam.

Crusade with no public proof just accusing random individuals who join the forum. I'd have to say a very bright crusade.

You make the same dumb mistakes every time. While I understand that you'd love to know them so that you could do better and actually get away with stealing the next round of hardware before I find out, you can keep wondering.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Nekki said:
    Don't engage with Prouty. Just ignore him, remember what you're dealing with.

Yeah, we're getting off-topic anyway -- we're supposed to analyzing BudgetNode ...

Thanked by 1ScammerProut
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

angstrom said: Yeah, we're getting off-topic anyway -- we're supposed to analyzing BudgetNode ...

Thread is a write off at this point anyway. No support tickets means it's angry rando V somewhat brusque providers, pick your poison.

Dollars to donuts the Op went all ranty straight out the gate and Ishaq just thought 'fuck this, not worth the time', and cancelled. No-one wins.

Thanked by 2Rhys netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

ScammerProut said: I didn't request anything but I'm also not the arguing type. I haven't even started a company, I don't sell products of any sort yet. I usually come to this forum for advise nothing more. Again I was never asked to verify my identity or my business which isent open yet.

There's nothing more amusing than a mouse who doesn't know he's being toyed with.

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • IxalyonIxalyon Member

Got a little nap. When I woke up thread gone downhill. First I'll explain about myself. I'm a System Engineer having done RHCSA,RHCE with around 1 year experience. I use VPS to do practicals of courses I am following. I used OpenVZ till quite recent I found that I can't use it for docker. So I decided to get this server.

Every comments I made, I made in best of my knowledge. So there is room for error in my part. According to my technical knowledge, instructions per cycle for Xeon should be around 30% gain over optron considering compression is fairly linear process. My first concern is why it doesn't reflect from your supposedly better cpu you use.

Second part is about how to treat a customer. First when I request a cancellation, they should at least warn me that I will get no service and no money. Legally they right to do so. Because I agreed to their terms. Main reason I wrote this to give a heads up to u

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Ixalyon said: Got a little nap. When I woke up thread gone downhill. First I'll explain about myself.

Chap - give permission for the ticket thread to be posted (with any personal details censored) and we'll be able to see you're in the right.

@Nekki said:

angstrom said: Yeah, we're getting off-topic anyway -- we're supposed to analyzing BudgetNode ...

Thread is a write off at this point anyway. No support tickets means it's angry rando V somewhat brusque providers, pick your poison.

Dollars to donuts the Op went all ranty straight out the gate and Ishaq just thought 'fuck this, not worth the time', and cancelled. No-one wins.

Pretty inconclusive, I agree, which is probably why the pursuit of @ScammerProut was a tempting diversion ...

• @Nekki said:

Ixalyon said: Got a little nap. When I woke up thread gone downhill. First I'll explain about myself.

Chap - give permission for the ticket thread to be posted (with any personal details censored) and we'll be able to see you're in the right.

This OP. Or post the tickets yourself. Once we have tickets we will decide. Based on what you've said if the tickets match we will side with you.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

Ixalyon said: Legally they right to do so

Link to that specific law in BudgetNode's jurisdiction please (United Kingdom).

• @raindog308 said:

ScammerProut said: I didn't request anything but I'm also not the arguing type. I haven't even started a company, I don't sell products of any sort yet. I usually come to this forum for advise nothing more. Again I was never asked to verify my identity or my business which isent open yet.

There's nothing more amusing than a mouse who doesn't know he's being toyed with.

Or a crusade who doesn't know when they've already lost.

• hzrhzr Member

ScammerProut said: Or a crusade who doesn't know when they've already lost.

I believe that you're not prout, that is why I always help when you post thread. It's so mean how everyone bullies you :(

@Ixalyon said: Got a little nap. When I woke up thread gone downhill.

Threads on LET have a tendency to go downhill unless the OP stays alert. But thanks for coming back (since I was the one who suggested that you may be a fly-by-nighter :-) ).

Thanked by 1netomx

@hzr said:

I believe that you're not prout, that is why I always help when you post thread. It's so mean how everyone bullies you :(

There it is, exactly what he's been hoping for. Be sure to order one of his colo specials at carrier-4.com and make sure to post a scam thread when he disappears with your hardware.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

jarland said: carrier-4.com

wow is that better than carrier-1.com by a whole 3?

Thanked by 1Jinx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

Ixalyon said: I'm a System Engineer having done RHCSA,RHCE with around 1 year experience.

Well that's about 3 years of study is it not?

But let's say you somehow did all that without gaining experience then walked straight into an Engineering job, bypassing general support staff and system admins with more 'experience' (pretty significant achievement for someone with no prior experience)

Why would the very first thing you do not be ask for the CPU config to be corrected on your VM, seems fairly basic?

I don't mean any offense, but to me, that sounds like a qualified car mechanic wondering why a new car is running slow with flat tyres and giving it back without trying to pump them up first.

Anyhoo, sounds like its all over now.

Thanked by 1Rhys
    edited May 2017

@hzr said:

Point #1: https://s.jar.land/wrZ5hnYJdY/
    Point #2: https://s.jar.land/NyrQeCt2UQ/
    Point #3: When I tell you someone is Prout, they're Prout. Dumbass.

Little edit: None of the above has anything to do with how I found out. It's just MORE pieces of the puzzle to give publicly, because it doesn't reveal the underlying strategy for finding Prout.

• edited May 2017

@jarland said:

@hzr said:

Point #1: https://s.jar.land/wrZ5hnYJdY/
    Point #2: https://s.jar.land/NyrQeCt2UQ/
    Point #3: When I tell you someone is Prout, they're Prout. Dumbass.

Someone needs to lock him in that fucking rack

• IxalyonIxalyon Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Ixalyon said: I'm a System Engineer having done RHCSA,RHCE with around 1 year experience.

Well that's about 3 years of study is it not?

But let's say you somehow did all that without gaining experience then walked straight into an Engineering job, bypassing general support staff and system admins with more 'experience' (pretty significant achievement for someone with no prior experience)

Why would the very first thing you do not be ask for the CPU config to be corrected on your VM, seems fairly basic?

I don't mean any offense, but to me, that sounds like a qualified car mechanic wondering why a new car is running slow with flat tyres and giving it back without trying to pump them up first.

Anyhoo, sounds like its all over now.

Well I majored in Computer Vision, lack of jobs in our country in that field forced me to change the career, so I'm fairly new. Second they mentioned in their offer the underlined hardware and given they are well known in LET I haven't had a reason to doubt.

fair one, well it sounds like this may have just been a big mess created by solusvm, a quick manual config change and you probably would have seen significantly different results.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

WE WANT TICKETS

• IxalyonIxalyon Member

@Nekki said:

I can give the permission but there is no point really as I gave reasons for cancellation. Cancellation request contains all the information why I want to cancel the order, specifically mentioned about bad cpu performance. They didn't even bother to check my comment, and just removed my instance right away. If they can provide comments of cancellation request, then I will agree

• dont give us tickets and we side with the provider is how it works.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Ixalyon said: I can give the permission but there is no point really as I gave reasons for cancellation.

I think we all need closure at this juncture.

Ixalyon said: They didn't even bother to check my comment, and just removed my instance right away. If they can provide comments of cancellation request, then I will agree

There may be reasons for that, which may become apparent on seeing the ticket. Maybe you came across as rude and were considered too much trouble for the fine margins LE hosts operate at. Maybe they just don't give two shits and have terrible customer service.

Without seeing the tickets, it's all just he said, she said.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • AnthonySmith said: Why would the very first thing you do not be ask for the CPU config to be corrected on your VM, seems fairly basic?

I've the back and forth as well as the just refund me route. There isn't anything wrong with either is there? That's one of the reasons there is a money back guarantee, if you aren't satisfied you can leave.

For some hosts complaining just starts this defensive argument, why deal with that when you can just move on? Not to mention the TOS says 24 hours, if he waited and opened a ticket he risks passing this window.

jarland said: Point #3: When I tell you someone is Prout, they're Prout. Dumbass.

I guess it just takes a cocky egomaniac to track down a cocky egomaniac.

HackedServer said: I guess it just takes a cocky egomaniac to track down a cocky egomaniac.

Really just someone with a solid skill for tracking people. A background in handling abuse in the hosting industry would be very helpful for such a case.

Thanked by 1priest
  • JordanJordan Member

@Ixalyon said:

@Nekki said:

I can give the permission but there is no point really as I gave reasons for cancellation. Cancellation request contains all the information why I want to cancel the order, specifically mentioned about bad cpu performance. They didn't even bother to check my comment, and just removed my instance right away. If they can provide comments of cancellation request, then I will agree

Cancellation requests are handled by the billing software automatically. You get to select between "end of billing period" or "immediate" when you put in the request. Immediate means immediate..

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Jordan said:

@Ixalyon said:

@Nekki said:

Cancellation requests are handled by the billing software automatically. You get to select between "end of billing period" or "immediate" when you put in the request. Immediate means immediate..

If he literally just cancelled then there's fuck all to see here.

• LeeLee Veteran

Jordan said: Immediate means immediate..

Cron based is it not? so depends on when that runs, midnight each night or whatever.

HackedServer said: I've the back and forth as well as the just refund me route. There isn't anything wrong with either is there?

Absolutely not, either is fine, just trying to add some perspective.

This discussion has been closed.