Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BudgetNode uses a CPU that doesn't meet my requirements - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BudgetNode uses a CPU that doesn't meet my requirements

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: Possible fix incoming, no ETA.

So cluster sync issue or sinister conspiracy.

Which is another way of saying "was it random chance, incompetence, or malice?"

It's amazing how often those things look identical.

Of course, some theorize there is no cluster at all and the various "database errors" and "captcha needed" and "checking your browser" stuff are all an elaborate ruse to disguise...ah, something. I missed the last meeting in @jarland's basement so I don't know which world domination plan is currently on queue...

Thanked by 3jar Nick ucxo
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

Just to point out that @Ixalyon (the OP) joined only this morning and this is his/her first and only post. We'll see if he/she appears again to react.

• JordanJordan Member

@MrPsycho said:

@Jordan said:

@MrPsycho said:

Jordan said: The processors we use are advertised on the site. If it's not adequate for your usage, then don't sign up.

Well... I just tried to show OP point of view. Also would you mind to tell me where can I find which CPUs do you use, as I can't find that? If it's clearly visible, I'll edit my post as it looks like I deliberately misled.

On all of the plan pages under the "Our Features" section.

Oh yeah... It makes a hell lot of sense which CPUs do you use. It's like saying "I have i5 in my PC or "I have GTX in my laptop". That's manipulation, and it's used by major comapnies. And I'm sure you know that.

Edit: Just to be clear. I'm not trying to offend you. I'm trying to show you how it looks from customer perspective.

Edit2: I totally can understand that you don't want to share that information. It's your choice. A lot of companies also don't do that, but don't pretend you do.

Where we think it may be significant to performance, the exact processor has been given. Check the OpenVZ pages for example, where we are happy to admit we use Dual X5650 processors.

• Jordan said: Where we think it may be significant to performance, the exact processor has been given. Check the OpenVZ pages for example, where we are happy to admit we use Dual X5650 processors.

That's great! ...but you are changing the topic. Now you are trying to convince me that there is no "significant" difference in your opinion between e.g. E5-2650 and E5-1650v4. Both processors qualifies to "E5" term and both potentially could by used for virtualization.

I better recommend you to explain how QEMU works to OP, rather than fighting with me as it leads to nowhere.

Thanked by 2Jinx swain
  • swainswain Member

@Jordan said:

Ishaq said: I'm not sure what the problem is?

I think that the thing is that your server costs $16,99, meanwhile wishosting $3,5 and performance difference is nowhere proportionate. The price difference is huge and it's used by OP to show how "bad" your service is as he can get nearly the same performace for few times less. Moreover OP thinks that your CPU is somewhere comparable to AMD Opteron 6128 (which wishosting stated from the beginning, you didn't), because it's also 2GHz and it's perormance is comparable to Opteron. By the way OP thinks, QEMU CPU is a way for provider to hide node CPU. That makes him imagine what's the real CPU. Yeah, I know - it's not how it works, but it might be worth explaining it to OP.

The processors we use are advertised on the site. If it's not adequate for your usage, then don't sign up.

Well, that was a lame ass response. Good on ya BudgetNode!

• @angstrom said:
    Just to point out that @Ixalyon (the OP) joined only this morning and this is his/her first and only post. We'll see if he/she appears again to react.

First post or last post is irrelevant.

On the other hand good practice is to always give the provider time to look into the problem. This could of all been prevented with a simple support ticket.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @KeKe said:

@angstrom said:

First post or last post is irrelevant.

On the other hand good practice is to always give the provider time to look into the problem. This could of all been prevented with a simple support ticket.

You are irrelevant.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

GenjiSwitchPls said: You are irrelevant.

Aren't we all irrelevant, really?

Much like this thread is pretty much irrelevant until we see support tickets.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:

KeKe is Joshua Prout, he is a little more irrelevant.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

GenjiSwitchPls said: KeKe is Joshua Prout, he is a little more irrelevant.

Ah, LET's very own King of Nonce-sence.

• ScammerProutScammerProut Member
    edited May 2017

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Nekki said:

Relevant enough for you to bring up.

@OP just put in a ticket and problem solved I highly doubt a moderator of this forum wants to rabble back and forth on a simple issue that could of been fixed hours ago and not publicly noticed js.

• @KeKe said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Nekki said:

I brought it up so Nekki is aware you are scum.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ScammerProut make sure to use your new username to log in next time

• @GenjiSwitchPls said:

@KeKe said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Nekki said:

I brought it up so Nekki is aware you are scum.

I'd have to say I'm so offended .....

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • @jarland said:
    @ScammerProut make sure to use your new username to log in next time

I like it thanks.

@ScammerProut said: First post or last post is irrelevant.

You don't seem to have such a good reputation here, so I would be hesitant to start arguing with you.

That said, there have been many fly-by-nighters on LET who post once, opening a thread, often a critical post, and then disappear. A sign of seriousness/sincerity is that one makes a follow-up to one's critical post after others have bothered to react.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

angstrom said: You don't seem to have such a good reputation here

Understatement. Don't even converse with him.

Thanked by 1netomx

@Nekki said:

Yeah, you're right about this, no doubt.

By the way, is this the original Prout or an impostor?

• Life and business go on.

• @angstrom said:

@Nekki said:

Yeah, you're right about this, no doubt.

By the way, is this the original Prout or an impostor?

Original. Lord Jar has had proof non public though.

Thanked by 2angstrom netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

angstrom said: By the way, is this the original Prout or an impostor?

I don't think anyone but the original would accept being given the name, considering the implication.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Nekki said:

angstrom said: By the way, is this the original Prout or an impostor?

I don't think anyone but the original would accept being given the name, considering the implication.

It seems that proof is never applied to anything around here but it's kinda a joke to me honestly. I know I'm not the person but I'm not going to start a huge argument with the administrators of this forum of who I am and who I'm not. I can clearly verify my identity but I was never asked to. So the question is why not play along ignorance is quite amusing sometimes especially when it does not directly affect me but someone I don't even know.

@ScammerProut said: It seems that proof is never applied to anything around here but it's kinda a joke to me honestly.

If I may ask, why did you choose "ScammerProut" as your name?

• @angstrom said:

@ScammerProut said: It seems that proof is never applied to anything around here but it's kinda a joke to me honestly.

Jarland set it.

Thanked by 1angstrom

Prout always maintains a very calm and level-headed reaction to being called by his name, and always maintains that it isn't him. He speaks very maturely and is very friendly in his posts. He hopes that one day someone will call him the victim of my crusade against his latest scam.

Thanked by 3Rhys Jinx kkrajk

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@angstrom said:

Jarland set it.

Okay, I see, this is beginning to make sense ...

• ScammerProutScammerProut Member
    edited May 2017

@angstrom said:

I didn't request anything but I'm also not the arguing type. I haven't even started a company, I don't sell products of any sort yet. I usually come to this forum for advise nothing more. Again I was never asked to verify my identity or my business which isent open yet.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

jarland said: my crusade against his latest scam.

Can you point to where the evil man touched you?

• @jarland said:
    Prout always maintains a very calm and level-headed reaction to being called by his name, and always maintains that it isn't him. He speaks very maturely and is very friendly in his posts. He hopes that one day someone will call him the victim of my crusade against his latest scam.

Crusade with no public proof just accusing random individuals who join the forum. I'd have to say a very bright crusade.

@ScammerProut said:
    I haven't even started a company

Sure, just carrier-4.com.

@Rhys said:

jarland said: my crusade against his latest scam.

Can you point to where the evil man touched you?

No one better lay a finger on my butterfin...I mean LET members.

This discussion has been closed.