Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVH Deals] Up to 50% Off OVH Starts April 24, 2017 - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVH Deals] Up to 50% Off OVH Starts April 24, 2017

Comments

• Nothing interesting.

• ihadpihadp Member

@lurch said:

@ihadp said:
    So...is the 30% off the storage server a one time discount or a recurring? I read the terms and they are about clear as mud..

Looks like it's on your first subscription only you can change the 'load rental period' value to 1 year payment and you will get the discount for that after 1 year it's normal price.

Thank you.

@stefeman said:

@ihadp said:
    So...is the 30% off the storage server a one time discount or a recurring? I read the terms and they are about clear as mud..

Basically they say that the discount price lasts for x amount of days, and possible renewal prices are the prices on the OVH website at the date of renewal.. In simple terms, no it's not re-occuring discount. If you order the server for a year, you might find it useful but anyone else renting month by month, it's completely useless offer.

Thank you.

• @ihadp said:
    So...is the 30% off the storage server a one time discount or a recurring? I read the terms and they are about clear as mud.. one time next month goes too 155 or 199

• @stefeman said:

@ihadp said:

Basically they say that the discount price lasts for x amount of days, and possible renewal prices are the prices on the OVH website at the date of renewal.. In simple terms, no it's not re-occuring discount. If you order the server for a year, you might find it useful but anyone else renting month by month, it's completely useless offer.

and when that time expires the cost goes up wont stay the same at the discounted at renewal

• This is much of crap offer :( from OVH

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • And they actually hyped it for 3 days lol.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2017

Hahahaha! 90% of for the first year on .com domain! That's a deal! (GoDaddy does this kind of deal every second month).

• Lol, there was a huge countdown, but folks get some expensive unwanted shit finally. Not surprised as well. Same situation with their previous Black Friday offers.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I can't be too mad. Their regular priced products are excellent. Skip the sales, grab an E3 V6 instead ;)

• Now I want more kimsufi

Thanked by 1WSS
  • BG32BG32 Member

Delete this fred. Half this shit isn't for lowendtalk

• WSSWSS Member

Glad I didn't get up early for this double-decker shit sandwich.

• @BG32 said:
    Delete this fred. Half this shit isn't for lowendtalk

Nah.. this should be left as an example so the OVH folks can read what we think about the sales and overhyping bad deals.

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited April 2017

EDIT: Ignore this. Got confused with the urls.

--

• Well, I had a feeling this would be those kinds of useless non-recurring deals :P

• ihadpihadp Member

You are comparing USD vs CAD.

The special link you provided is for CAD, the regular pricing is for USD.

USD Special - https://www.ovh.com/us/ovh-deals/

• varwww said: Lol wth is this?

US vs CA price.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

varwww said: Lol wth is this?

USD ≠ CAD

• Oops, my bad! :(

• @southy said:
    It is really a mystery to me how a company that obviously has so much trouble with international languages could manage to expand into the world so successfully.

Product at great price does wonders.

• how do you all understand this Show terms and conditions

Promotional offer for a 30% discount on the rental price of a FS-30T dedicated server (160fs2), starting at $108.50/month instead of $155.00/month on any new order - excluding renewal, placed between April 25, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. and May 2, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. (EST). This is subject to the eligibility and availability of the chosen server. The time of the order registered by OVH will prevail in the event of a dispute. Renewal for the server will be done at the price and date indicated at www.ovh.com. Cannot be used with any other ongoing promotional offers. Subscription is subject to a prior acceptance of the OVH terms and conditions. Offer is limited to 80 FS-30T servers (160fs2).

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited April 2017
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 3Hybrid vish WSS
  • Tldr? Did not read much :P Anyway deals are meh :/

• Worse than last black friday. VPS-SSD and VPS-cloud were both 50% off one year for real, not just 3 free months just for vps-ssd. Didn't expect much from dedis but disappointing about the vps. I hope no one actually woke up early for this. Will it be same deals all week, or will they keep changing them like a woot-off?

Thanked by 1vish
  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited April 2017

@willie said:
    Will it be same deals all week, or will they keep changing them like a woot-off?

Same for the whole period.

• vishvish Member

@willie said:
    Worse than last black friday. VPS-SSD and VPS-cloud were both 50% off one year for real, not just 3 free months just for vps-ssd. Didn't expect much from dedis but disappointing about the vps. I hope no one actually woke up early for this. Will it be same deals all week, or will they keep changing them like a woot-off?

Very disappointing indeed.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

IMO shit deals.

Thanked by 1jaypeesmith
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Would have bitten on the storage server, if the discount was recurring.